Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Aha, the old WHAT WOULD LABOUR DO tactic.

Put Labour to one side for a second. I know it's hard, petal, but give it a go for us. Ignore THE LEFT, and focus on the Government (the RIGHT) who have been in power for 12 (twelve, TWELVE. That's more than a decade btw) years. 

Can you tell us what they've done to reduce migration? Give us a list, educate us. We'll even take the Daily Mail as a source if you really want. Come on, give us something that doesn't skew it back to Labour or the left. I dare you. Go on. I dare you.

You’re right sunshine, they’ve done the square root of Nowt. But I want to know what labour or Lib Dems would do, my guess would be nothing other than reduce the obstacles that Patel put in place. As for this Government being RIGHT you’re having a laugh surely. 

27 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I love how everyone is suddenly offended at the poor being labelled dim but when we voted to leave the EU, the same people were throwing it around like confetti.

I know it's easy to equate brexit and being poor because it's making us all that, but I'm not sure this comparison works.

Brexit was a decision made by the people who voted for it. I think that decision is stupid, same as if I thought buying a Vauxhall was stupid because its shit car manufacturer, I might call all Vauxhall owners stupid. Whereas people can be poor for various reasons, sometimes not because they made stupid decisions, and sometimes out of their control. Therefore calling all poor people stupid would be similar to calling all people caught up the Ukraine war stupid. Really not comparable. I'm happy to judge people on the decisions they make, not their financial status.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know it's easy to equate brexit and being poor because it's making us all that, but I'm not sure this comparison works.

Brexit was a decision made by the people who voted for it. I think that decision is stupid, same as if I thought buying a Vauxhall was stupid because its shit car manufacturer, I might call all Vauxhall owners stupid. Whereas people can be poor for various reasons, sometimes not because they made stupid decisions, and sometimes out of their control. Therefore calling all poor people stupid would be similar to calling all people caught up the Ukraine war stupid. Really not comparable. I'm happy to judge people on the decisions they make, not their financial status.

lol

Thanks for the poverty lesson.

But remember I wasn’t the one calling them thick. It’s widely acknowledged that the poor and poorest voted out (something something turkeys voting for Xmas) 

Its also well known they were repeatedly branded thick and stupid. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol

But remember I wasn’t the one calling them thick. It’s widely acknowledged that the poor and poorest voted out (something something turkeys voting for Xmas) 

Its also well known they were repeatedly branded thick and stupid. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

People who voted brexit are stupid imo, rich or poor.

People who are poor aren't necessarily stupid.

Simple really.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

People who voted brexit are stupid imo, rich or poor.

People who are poor aren't necessarily stupid.

Simple really.

So about 60% of those in poverty then?

A majority of poor people are thick, is that fair?

And also a few better off people.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

So about 60% of those in poverty then?

A majority of poor people are thick, is that fair?

And also a few better off people.

So not all then. 60% isn't all. So labelling all poor people thick is offensive, glad we agree.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So not all then. 60% isn't all. So labelling all poor people thick is offensive, glad we agree.

Who said all?

If that was your only contention then we always agreed, that a lot of those on the left think the majority of the poor are thick. They’ve manipulated them for years.

I would never say that though, backbone of Britain in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Who said all?

If that was your only contention then we always agreed, that a lot of those on the left think the majority of the poor are thick. They’ve manipulated them for years.

I would never say that though, backbone of Britain in my opinion.

And what exactly are the right doing for the poor? You could say the left make the poor less poor, even if you believe they manipulate them. What do the right do but make them poorer? And would you not then agree that those poor who the vote for right leaning parties could be fairly labelled a tad daft? Like the people in Hartlepool praising the tories for increasing food banks.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And what exactly are the right doing for the poor? You could say the left make the poor less poor, even if you believe they manipulate them. What do the right do but make them poorer? And would you not then agree that those poor who the vote for right leaning parties could be fairly labelled a tad daft? Like the people in Hartlepool praising the tories for increasing food banks.

I never said the right do anything for the poor. And I didn’t say the left do nothing for the poor.

I just said they manipulated them, they dropped them like a stone when they voted leave and refused to listen to anything they said. 

So I just find it amusing watching them faux outrage now. Despite them hating on most of the thick racist bastards for the last 5-6 years.

I never said the right do anything for the poor. And I didn’t say the left do nothing for the poor.

I just said they manipulated them, they dropped them like a stone when they voted leave and refused to listen to anything they said. 

So I just find it amusing watching them faux outrage now. Despite them hating on most of the thick racist bastards for the last 5-6 years.

Who said they were hated on? Is asking people to think about the damage they are going to do to country, and then complaining about said damage, hating or just pointing out their mistakes?

37 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol

Is it? Any sources for that?

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Who said they were hated on? Is asking people to think about the damage they are going to do to country, and then complaining about said damage, hating or just pointing out their mistakes?

Calling them thick or racist despite them trying to explain is pretty much hating on imo.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Calling them thick or racist despite them trying to explain is pretty much hating on imo.

Who called them racist? All racist voted brexit, not all brexit voters are racist.

In your opinion it's hating, imo, and it's increasing becoming more obvious, its justifiable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Who called them racist? All racist voted brexit, not all brexit voters are racist.

In your opinion it's hating, imo, and it's increasing becoming more obvious, its justifiable.

Not all racist voted brexit, some of them might have been in hospital or unregistered. Some of them might not be racist to bame but reversed. 

But to answer your question, the majority of remain supporters called them racist, especially those from a pro Corbyn/momentum background. The ones that are now calling the poor being labelled stupid disgraceful, them.

Not all racist voted brexit, some of them might have been in hospital or unregistered. Some of them might not be racist to bame but reversed. 

But to answer your question, the majority of remain supporters called them racist, especially those from a pro Corbyn/momentum background. The ones that are now calling the poor being labelled stupid disgraceful, them.

Got anything to back that up?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Do you have the same chart for remain voters?

No I don’t have one, It would be interesting in finding one but I doubt they bothered to understand remain voters in such detail after the vote. 

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t need it. 
People have memories, the only ones that would refute it are the perpetrators.

Didn't think you would. Cheers.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

No I don’t have one, It would be interesting in finding one but I doubt they bothered to understand remain voters in such detail after the vote. 

In case you wondered, it seems the more education you have, the more likely you were to vote remain. So maybe questioning the intelligence of leave voters isn't such an outrageous thing

Screenshot_20220518-194554_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0cd2257b78cc630dcf35a2cec187ceb4.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

In case you wondered, it seems the more education you have, the more likely you were to vote remain. So maybe questioning the intelligence of leave voters isn't such an outrageous thing

Screenshot_20220518-194554_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0cd2257b78cc630dcf35a2cec187ceb4.jpg

If there is a direct correlation between education and intelligence, then I’m surprised people were upset by the comments poor people are thick. Since the left have been telling us for years, the education system favours the wealthy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Lets be honest..

So many who voted leave were thick as two short planks believing all the lies and rubbish being spouted by the leave campaign!!

I had a discussion with a hardened Brexit supporter before the referendum and warned me that if we remained in that my Grandson would have been conscripted into the European Army!!😂

..and that the UK would have had to adopt the Euro within the next 5 years!

Absolute boll ocks!!

• Haha 2