Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

Anyone else think it was weird how she didn't even seem bothered, I thought she was going to start laughing at one point. 

Compare that too Mays resignation speech and it couldn't be more different. 

Relief I guess after she discovered she’s not up to it.  Very stressful.

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I can't understand why so many people are so excited about our country being in such a mess ...  

Gallows humour.

Pretty much the same reaction when I look at the future, given all that's going on. If you don't laugh you'll just fall apart.

Edit: NB - welcome to the world of a science communicator.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

Just now, RobHawk said:

Anyone else think it was weird how she didn't even seem bothered, I thought she was going to start laughing at one point. 

I think she had realised that she was so far out of her depth it was untenable. She was probably incredibly relieved to quit and put an end to this misery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I think removing Hunt would cause more market panic, so if they are going to annoint someone, rather than call an election like they should do, then they should leave Hunt in place.

Hunt stated on tv he didn’t want the job. PM Hunt then. 

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I can't understand why so many people are so excited about our country being in such a mess ...  

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

They hate the Tories more than they want a successful country.  It’s been a thing also since Brexit imo.  I always want the UK to succeed.

Pretty sure his comment can only be applied to the Tories.

No one else is happy at the absolute disaster the party has been for the last ten years.

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

I noticed this and thought about May's speech.

I think the lack of visible emotion might be linked to the fact that Truss is reported to be dangerously self-confident and also lacking a bit in emotional intelligence.

• Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Has to be a GE - if there is an organised march asking for it, I will be joining it in the coming weeks 

If you assume the polls are correct, we would have a labour government with the SNP as opposition.

It would be a car crash. The tories need time to improve before a GE so that they can form a decent opposition to what will almost certainly be a labour government.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Absolute bollocks. The country is currently unsuccessful *because* of the Tories and Brexit. That's why we're in this fvcking situation!

I wouldn't be cheering on any party who'd done this to our country, I'd be wanting the bastards out!

Agree ….. I’ve been a Conservative all my life. Up until the country elected Boris and voted Brexit. 

This is a mess and it does need a general election, however they aren’t stupid enough for that, as they’ll be ousted. 

• Like 2