Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How do you even react to all of this? I can barely keep up lol

Strange thing to get a stuffy on stan. Dont tell your missus on the problem though. Squeeze the cheeks. Unclench, clench and repeat. See if it helps lol.

What scenes though over there? General election should be called.

Can charles deny a new pm and declare he is ruler until new pm is elected? Ok, i know that's not possible...

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

He was clearly the better of the last two candidates.

He was sensible and always was the correct choice. 

The wider membership can’t be trusted. It’s put Boris and Truss in as leaders. Bonkers. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoboFox said:

I'm going to ignore the first bit as it's totally deluded. 

The truth is, Jon, if you really wanted the UK to succeed then rather than die on your little partisan hill, you wouldn't - much like the rest of us - have any faith in the current crop of Conservatives. I know you live in Australia, but have you actually been watching what's happening here over the last six months? Your take suggests you haven't. 

I dont have any faith in them.  I’ve been quite clear the leadership are completely incompetent.  It’s depressing.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s difficult for any party to stick to a manifesto, when the world is constantly changing at a ferocious pace. 

However, what the country needs is stability. 

Liz Truss was about as far away from that as possible. She’s left it in more of a mess in 6 weeks, than she inherited it.

They’ll lose the next general election either way. It’s more a case of who opposes labour. 

The Greens or Lib Dem’s could make great strides, if they can get themselves the correct exposure. 

I’d like to see the lib dems make a comeback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It’s realistic.  Being exposed to Putins  whims on gas supply is much worse.

...worse than at best some hundred million people rendered homeless, thirsty and hungry with all the death and suffering that entails, and at worst....something an order of magnitude, several orders of magnitude, worse?

I don't think so.

The UK would feel the effect of that indirectly, if not directly.

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

Under normal circumstances you could accept the Tories alone choosing the next PM. Not now though with the third PM within months with the state of the governing party for all to see. We need a GE

Its shambolic. 

However just thinking about it, would we expect the large swing voters to vote labour, or do they vote elsewhere? 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Its shambolic. 

However just thinking about it, would we expect the large swing voters to vote labour, or do they vote elsewhere? 

The largest swing would go to Labour but now Brexit isn't an issue the Conservatives would hemorrhage votes to the right wing parties again.

There is the potential for a complete collapse of the Conservative Party.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

The largest swing would go to Labour but now Brexit isn't an issue the Conservatives would hemorrhage votes to the right wing parties again.

There is the potential for a complete collapse of the Conservative Party.

My wife has just said this. It could lead to a split and we’ll end up with New Tory and Traditional Tory. With a divide, they’re screwed.