Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

It's extraordinary how much the british public take without taking action. I think it's limitless actually. We might go through a fair few PMs before the next election but i reckon Boris wins it in 2024. They've ripped apart the whole country, including the heartlands and the middle classes in the last few weeks. No one is safe and no.10 still has windows.

Edited by grobyfox1990
'he' meaning boris

to put this into context......

Newcastle United and Crystal Palace have had Half as many new managers in the last 6 years, vs the number of new prime ministers.... 

You can't run a current with that amount of change and turmoil and expect positive outcomes for the general populace. 

It's absolutely farcical.   Clearly, there isn't going to be a general election in the near future, but Jesus..  someone needs to get a grip and steer the country through the mess they have orchestrated. 

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s not unfinished. It’s an impossibility. You can’t be outside the single market and not have a customs border either in the Irish Sea or on the Irish border.

The only way to solve it is to either rejoin the single market or for Ireland to unite again. I suspect both are an inevitability within the next 10-20 years or so at this point, as both hands will be forced due to the utter absurdity of Brexit.

So you agree with my assertion there is unfinished business and more to do considering the comments in your second paragraph.

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He's laughing at what you said because most people would believe what you said to be ridiculous. 

Sorry, I thought this was a forum for serious debate. However, we're all entitled to an opinion mocking or otherwise I suppose.

Edited by David Hankey

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think they’re damaged beyond belief if I’m honest. 

The only way a general election happens is the government starts to lose votes in parliament. That’ll take people defecting to save their behind before the inevitable ending. 

Fair to say.

Well, the next few months to years certainly aren't going to be boring, I guess.

12 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

So you agree with my assertion there is unfinished business and more to do considering the comments in your second paragraph.

No I don’t. There’s nothing to “finish”, Boris has already created a border within the UK’s own borders. It’s an utterly bizarre decision largely without modern precedent to stick a divisive border up in your own country, as even the Berlin Wall was imposed upon Germany by the Soviet Union. But it’s a pretty final decision and he has made his bed on that one.

UK government has no control over an Irish Unification referendum, as per the Good Friday Agreement it can be automatically triggered by Stormont when it looks likely it will succeed. It’s not the same as a Scottish or Welsh independence referendum, where the UK government has to grant one.

And he was elected on his “oven ready deal” to leave the single market. He doesn’t have the mandate to reneg on that.

It’s done as far as Boris is concerned. It’s an utter insanity that will inevitably tear apart the UK and will be inevitably be reversed in a generation when people are far enough removed from the original vote. But Johnson‘a decision to leave the common market has already been played out. There’s nothing unfinished in Northern Ireland in that regard.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Sorry, I thought this was a forum for serious debate. However, we're all entitled to an opinion.

There is no serious debate on this matter.

The truth is as @Sampsonsaid and no one, not even Boris with his con artistry can actually make that different.

Of course, he could lie and con enough of the British populace again to make it seem that he's made it different, that's possible.

20 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Despite everything, Boris Johnson is probably still the best chance that they have of winning the next General Election. Truly scary stuff. 

If Johnson is allowed back because the Tories think they can win another election then it suggests  they think enough of the public are like them and without principles.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair to say.

Well, the next few months to years certainly aren't going to be boring, I guess.

Just imagine how boring it will be with Sir Keith at the dispatch box. PMQ’s will be like the lords with back benchers nodding off. 

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Just imagine how boring it will be with Sir Keith at the dispatch box. PMQ’s will be like the lords with back benchers nodding off. 

There's a reason that "may you live in interesting times" is a curse, not a benediction.

7 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I don’t want politicians to be characters, I want them to do their job properly. We’ve had enough “personalities”, look where it’s got us.

• Like 4