Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

21 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

And here I was thinking that NI was part of the United Kingdom, silly me.

Yes and it’s also a part which was at civil war for decades until a peace treaty was signed in 1998 which guaranteed it’s own standing parliament, recognition that people born in Northern Ireland are legally and culturally considered to be both British and Irish or either depending on their choice

And that is on top of an Irish independence treaty signed in 1922 which says there should always be open borders between UK & Ireland and UK and Irish citizens should never be considered as foreigners in each other’s lands.

Absolutely none of that had anything to do with the EU. You can’t seriously be ignorant enough to think the relationship between UK & Ireland and the status of Northern Ireland within that relationship is the same as the UK’s relationship with France, Greece, Sweden, Poland or any other EU country.

It was made abundantly clear in both the lead up to and the aftermath of the referendum by the UK and Irish governments and even the EU that the CTA is a very separate thing from the EU and would not be affected by the UK leaving the EU.

Again though - what do you even mean by “unfinished business” in N. Ireland? You keep parroting it without even saying what you think should happen. It’s like you don’t even understand anything about what N. Ireland or the customs border even are.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Couldn’t give a monkeys how interesting they are. We need stability, accountability and solutions. Not circus acts with light up shoes and spinning bow ties. A large portion of idiots voted for Johnson because of this. They thought he was a bit funny. A bumbling idiot. 

I'm going to PMQs on 9 Nov and have delayed moving out of the country to start my new job solely based on this event, been quite a tough sell to my new employer. So what you're describing above is EXACTLY what i want to see

Boris went. 

Liz came and went. 

Who's next - Boris to return, Sunak, Morduant, Badenoch? 

I can't see a GE being called, sadly. It's what this country needs but not a chance Tories will go for it. 

I pray to God its not Cruella Braverman. 

My off the wall prediction.  Johnson to be next leader of the Conservative Party.

The opportunist in him will realise there is a chasm.  He will build his rhetoric on “growth, growth, growth”.  We all know the major solution to improving growth is not the alienation of your neighbour.

How do we get all those that voted for Brexit off the hook?  In rides Johnson, the convert, who now promotes building bridges with the EU. 

Batsh1t Crazy?  Er, what’s new?

Sunak should get the 130 at least that he got last time 

that leaves 230 max to be fought over 

unlikely that three get over 100 and feasible that there will be mass scrambling Monday lunchtime as some withdraw and their support for candidates and those votes are ire allocated to ensure sunak isn’t nodded though 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

RIP to the authors of this garbage which was due out December 8th. 

Time to add another chapter? lol

Out of the blue, into the poo. 

image.thumb.png.1bdcae28bd51b9de65f92f2282c5d385.png

They've changed the subtitle of this, it was "her astonishing rise to power" and I think that was better as I was certainly astonished by it for starters

55 minutes ago, Corky said:

Can't see it being Johnson again, if it is MPs voting only then plenty wanted him out.

It'll be Sunak or Mordaunt.

I think either of them would at least stop the rot in a caretaker role until the end of the season. 

Over half the country knew Truss would be a disaster, that’s why she wasn’t as popular amongst MPs. Sunak called this and has been strangely quiet throughout the last 6 weeks of chaos. 

We could be watching the beginning of the end for the Conservative Party. 

People shouldn’t vote based on the personality heading into a general election, however as most people are disconnected with it, they naturally do and are largely lead by whatever propaganda they read. It’s hard for those that don’t engage or aren’t even interested to actually find true information. 

If you were to assess every winning party mandate from every general

election in the past 100 years, how many have truly delivered what they promised? 

The system is broken unfortunately and needs an overhaul from top to bottom. 

And please don’t tell me she’s entitled to £100 odd K a year for for destroying the country in 44 days. She needs booting off to exile somewhere.