Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Highly debatable. She was a disaster. 

With respect, I disagree, but I don't think the forum wants us discussing German politics on top of all the other pain it will have to endure this evening, so I'll leave it there. :)

• Haha 1

Just now, Vacamion said:

With respect, I disagree, but I don't think the forum wants us discussing German politics on top of all the other pain it will have to endure this evening, so I'll leave it there. :)

One thing I will say is that even Germany is worried about keeping the lights on this winter - partially because of Merkel's policies - which makes our totally unserious and vacuous politicians even more infuriating. Clown country. 

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Angela Merkel was widely regarded as unshowy, and at best, a merely competent speechmaker and debater, but she combined this lack of the spectacular with dour competence and endurance, and as a result she didn't balls up the job and she lasted and lasted and left the joint in better condition than she found it.

I think most of the UK would like politics here to revert to being quite boring again.

Theresa May says Britain must look beyond Europe - as she vows to trigger  Article 50 by March

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, kenny said:

Unless they don't trust the membership and have already decided who they want.

I also can't see anything except a postal ballott working and that won't be sorted by the end of the month.

This. They won't let it go to the membership this time.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Angela Merkel was widely regarded as unshowy, and at best, a merely competent speechmaker and debater, but she combined this lack of the spectacular with dour competence and endurance, and as a result she didn't balls up the job and she lasted and lasted and left the joint in better condition than she found it.

I think most of the UK would like politics here to revert to being quite boring again.

They’re an interesting perspective on The Rest Is Politics, where they talk about imposter syndrome and that Merkel had it…and that Truss clearly didn’t. All about how it plays in to how you listen to others and take on board opinions…something Truss was completely incapable of. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

In my view any Tory MP who backs Johnson or as a voter wants him back is morally bankrupt.

It cannot be understated just how despised he is amongst the Tory MPs. He wins and you'll have resignations forcing by elections and others walking across to the Labour benches. 

Edited by Brizzle Fox
Of course he won't win for the exact reasons given above
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I know I'll get shot down here but if there's no GE for the next 2 years and we must continue with a conservative government, I'd rather have Teresa May back than any of the other idiots tbh.

Part of me wants another complete disaster like the last two to get the job to ensure a Labour win - but the parent in me wants someone like May to instil common sense and moderation for the sake of my kids. I’m conflicted. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Part of me wants another complete disaster like the last two to get the job to ensure a Labour win - but the parent in me wants someone like May to instil common sense and moderation for the sake of my kids. I’m conflicted. 

May looks like a paragon of virtue compared to Johnson and Truss

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I know I'll get shot down here but if there's no GE for the next 2 years and we must continue with a conservative government, I'd rather have Teresa May back than any of the other idiots tbh.

Agreed.

At least May was logical in her approach.

• Like 1