Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

32 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It'll be Boris 'he's my mate' Johnson and the country will showcase its supplicance to privileged folk by conveniently forgetting the 18 months of sleaze. 

I ****ing HATE this public. 

Cannot decide if those that would vote for Boris would hate you or be indifferent to your hatred

Anyone who is bored  enough to read what I post on here will know that as soon as she was confirmed ahead of Mordaunt, truss would be  a holding PM for the return of boris. 

(she may not have realised this btw)

But it’s all happened way faster than his supporters planned. He still hasn’t had the standards and privileges investigation take place.
There is a huge risk that if he is chosen to lead again, that we just have more uncertainty and chaos as these hearings take place and potentially, he has to resign if he’s found guilty. 

I suppose his core support are calculating that he only has one chance to come back and they are screwed at the next GE if he doesn’t. So if he is forced out then they’ve lost nothing. They only care about themselves 

• Like 2

All of us writing here are way more politically and actually literate than vast swathes of the public. I often have had this with my family, they assume, wrongly, that everyone sees things as they do. 

I think most on here don't make that mistake, but I suspect we all underestimate the pig-headed ignorance that so many of our countrymen celebrate as a virtue, and wave it proudly like a flag. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

All of us writing here are way more politically and actually literate than vast swathes of the public. I often have had this with my family, they assume, wrongly, that everyone sees things as they do. 

I think most on here don't make that mistake, but I suspect we all underestimate the pig-headed ignorance that so many of our countrymen celebrate as a virtue, and wave it proudly like a flag. 

Perhaps or it could be that the high degree of sanctimony of the political party in opposition proliferates the behaviour, and actually encourages entrenchment

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps or it could be that the high degree of sanctimony of the political party in opposition proliferates the behaviour, and actually encourages entrenchment

Yes, people don't like to be wrong, or proven wrong.

My own parents fall into this category.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I too depair of our public. There are probably about 20% that never vote that would benefit from a Labour government or at least not Tories. Others seem to choose on the same basis as picking a favourite from an Ant @ Dec show. Funny though that Johnson was ridiculed by them. Can you imagine having to sack an employee for dishonesty only for the same bloke to reapply for the same job 6 weeks later.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As do mine, conversations some times swiftly need to be taken in a different direction

Sad though isn't it.

I can no longer talk Politics with them. In fact, most of the time I can no longer spend more than 15 minutes in their company as the void between us politically, socially, environmentally is just so vast that one way or another the conversations descend into conversations not worth having.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Yes, people don't like to be wrong, or proven wrong.

My own parents fall into this category.

Which is a shame. I'm guilty of it and I actually think social media has worsened this. 

Get something wrong and own up to it? Plenty of pitchforks come out. 

I work in education. Mistakes are a daily part of the job. Getting things wrong helps you learn. It's ok to be wrong IF you learn from it. 

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Sad though isn't it.

I can no longer talk Politics with them. In fact, most of the time I can no longer spend more than 15 minutes in their company as the void between us politically, socially, environmentally is just so vast that one way or another the conversations descent into conversations not worth having.

My best friend of 20 years votes Conservative. He, like me, comes from a largely working class family.

We barely talk politics, but I know he doesn't really follow it closely... He just "is" a Conservative voter and won't be swayed. There's no way he'd vote Labour I think largely because all of our other shared mates are raging lefties.

He's purched himself on his hill and that's it. He won't be proven wrong. I partly think he does it just to be antagonistic TBH.

• Like 1