Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

#BorisOrbust. What does that actually mean, it's obviously a play on shit or bust, so is Rees-Mogg saying if Johnson doesn't become leader, the party goes bust, or is the the country.

Boris or Penny? 

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

There are only 2 candidates rumoured to be standing with any credibility in my view. Sunak and Mordaunt. 

Johnson had 50+ this morning.

Just ahead of Sunak, and way ahead of Mordaunt. 

If she doesn't make the 100, she could make or break by instructing her followers to go one way or the other. 

I think if Johnson makes the final two, he will win it.

Which I can't actually fvcking believe I'm writing. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoboFox said:

If she doesn't make the 100, she could make or break by instructing her followers to go one way or the other. 

I agree. It would be an absolute disgrace if the lying buffoon gets back. 

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

My best friend of 20 years votes Conservative. He, like me, comes from a largely working class family.

We barely talk politics, but I know he doesn't really follow it closely... He just "is" a Conservative voter and won't be swayed. There's no way he'd vote Labour I think largely because all of our other shared mates are raging lefties.

He's purched himself on his hill and that's it. He won't be proven wrong. I partly think he does it just to be antagonistic TBH.

Are you mates with my Dad?

• Haha 1

As if the general background noise of braying Etonians sending the country down the shitepipe whilst the poor suffer wasn't already a massive recruiting sergeant for Scottish independence, the return of Boris Johnson, who is loathed even by the elected Tories up here, and especially by their leader Douglas Ross, would add points to the separatist vote.

I posted the day after the Brexit referendum outcome that it would lead to an independent Scotland and a United Ireland.

Events since, and especially recent events, haven't disabused me of that view.

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I posted the day after the Brexit referendum outcome that it would lead to an independent Scotland and a United Ireland.

And yet so many Brexiters are staunch unionists without a hint of irony. 

• Like 2

On 19/10/2022 at 11:20, Fazzer 7 said:

They were invited here, they came here legally through proper immigration means I'd imagine, unlike those crossing the channel in small boats who have paid people smugglers thousands of pounds.

I have absolutely no gripe with migration to this country, but it needs to be controlled, surely. 

Not sure whether either came from Kenya, Uganda or the Asian subcontinent. Probably born here. 

There was no vetting involved in those who got kicked out of Kenya and Uganda - the government of the time saw the absolute moral, legal and humanitarian necessity of offering a home to these people. Many Tories (and possibly Labour politicians thought it) spoke out against allowing it. That the two should be so rabidly against immigration just shows the inherent nimbyism of unconscious human instincts. Parents/grandparents given sanctuary but offspring dead set against anyone else being allowed succour.

It's just so hypocritical - Americans can just fly in and settle - 250k of them. East European oligarchs and mobsters (can one distinguish between them?), Saudi despots and Nigerian ne'r do wells. One rule for the rich and another for the desperate. 

No, f**k 'em. This is the unacceptable face of Brexit isolationism - a vain attempt to hold back a gentle tide. Truss & Kwarteng showed what they thought of the millions of us now in the sh1t because of no fault of our own. Make life easier still for the rich, the financiers and big business and stuff the rest. Corbyn would have made those b'stards jump. 

These entitled modern conservatives are incompetent and driven by greed, envy and a remarkable streak of mean. Personally I feel sorry for those who feel that getting here means they're somehow better off. Safe maybe, but not much else. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

You think?

It’s cast iron 

if sunak thinks boris is getting 100 + nominations on Monday then he possibly won’t stand  as he won’t want to lose twice. same with any of them

boris could by back as PM on Monday ! 

Let us not mess about here. If Johnson gets back in and voters lap it up then it proves once and for all what a bunch of mugs we have among us. I know the Tory party are a rabble but it seems a lot of our people are happy to be led by them despite who they elect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps or it could be that the high degree of sanctimony of the political party in opposition proliferates the behaviour, and actually encourages entrenchment

Not having that - that just smacks of finger pointing and taking no responsibility for one's own faults or actions. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You think?

It’s cast iron 

if sunak thinks boris is getting 100 + nominations on Monday then he possibly won’t stand  as he won’t want to lose twice. same with any of them

boris could by back as PM on Monday ! 

Zelensky will be ecstatic...and all the Bufton-Tuftons living in the select areas of Nimbyshire. Damn good show, what!

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not having that - that just smacks of finger pointing and taking no responsibility for one's own faults or actions. 

You are not seriously claiming there is no partisanship in political leanings are you???