Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

Johnson 'coming back for leadership race'

We've had the first indication that Boris Johnson is intending to run in the Tory leadership race.

Essex MP Sir James Duddridge says he has been in touch with the former PM, who says he is flying back from his Caribbean holiday to join the contest.

Duddridge tells the BBC's Jonathan Blake: "Boris is coming and he has the momentum and support. He is only election winner we have that has a proven track record in London, on Brexit and in gaining the mandate we have now."

The MP told the PA news agency he had received this WhatsApp message from Johnson: "I'm flying back, Dudders, we are going to do this. I'm up for it."

I genuinely thought the Boris talk yesterday was a wind up, but it appears not.

@Dahnsouff many thanks for both the apologies and the clarification - now I get you.

I think perhaps the word 'opposition' was the factor, as I very much took that as the parliamentary opposition rather than the voters, some of whom are slavish and ridiculous, but many of whom make casual associations with the various parties. 

Of course you're right, there are plenty of reactionary arses in all areas of voting choice, and some of my best friends vote in a way I cannot understand. So when I am rude about Tory voters, I perhaps should be more specific about the type I mean rather than chucking them all under the bus. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Boris Johnson the person to vote for if you excuse deliberate lies as mistakes.  No wonder the Scots are leaning more and more to wanting out. Don't the right wing little Englanders care about anything.

Course they do...

They care about hating foreigners!

They care about Sovereignty 😂!

They care about the colour of their passports!

They care about 'taking back control'😂😂

Edited by weller54
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Only the other day this crawler called Truss a hero. A prime example of the rabble causing the crisis in our country

Public school arse lickers (and more). Only out for their own gratification and power. Detestable, the lot of them, in all political parties. Hateful, slimy, corruptible and selfish and they give zero ****s about the general populace. 

And that applies to most politicians involved in government in most countries, IMO. 

They're the lords, we are the serfs. We can **** off as long as they can fill their troughs with wealth and power at our expense and suffering.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

On a serious note, they genuinely should test that bloke for gear. He’s absolutely out of his tree there. 

He was at my workplace for a meeting the other day, and they were promoting it on social media. I had to restrain myself from commenting that it probably wasn't thing to draw attention to!

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Boris Johnson the person to vote for if you excuse deliberate lies as mistakes.  No wonder the Scots are leaning more and more to wanting out. Don't the right wing little Englanders care about anything.

SNP should have that video on a loop.

• Haha 1

Well, now I feel a lot more positive at the prospect.

Lord William Hague, former Conservative leader, said a Johnson comeback was “the worst idea” he had heard in 46 years of party membership, telling Times Radio that it would put the party into a “death spiral”.”

https://www.ft.com/content/e8d941eb-c435-4897-b957-dbc87ece56ac

Just now, Daggers said:

Lord William Hague, former Conservative leader, said a Johnson comeback was “the worst idea” he had heard in 46 years of party membership, telling Times Radio that it would put the party into a “death spiral”.”

#BACKBORIS

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Daggers said:

😂😂😂😂... they're already in a fvcking death spiral!!