Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

On 20/10/2022 at 16:17, leicsmac said:

Seriously, the amount of "good, he should never have left, he did nothing wrong" I'm seeing on social media about Boris makes me more convinced that the Tories will go for him as their only chance in a GE and I'm not convinced that they're wrong about it.

Have to dip my hat to the skill necessary to manipulate that many people tbh.

Not too much skill involved, unfortunately many of the electorate are easily manipulated.

• Like 2

Having a think

boris looks like he will get more than 100

sunak will definitely get more than 100

mordaunt looks like she may struggle to reach 100 (and even if she did, she would be third) 

sunak surely knows he loses a membership vote against Johnson. Sunak surely wants to make sure boris doesn’t regain the leadership. 

is there a scenario come Monday lunchtime that sunak withdraws and his supporters get behind mordaunt?  Hence mordaunt and boris go to the membership and that’s not quite a Johnson slam dunk. Will sunak put the party and the country ahead of his own interest ? 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Having a think

boris looks like he will get more than 100

sunak will definitely get more than 100

mordaunt looks like she may struggle to reach 100 (and even if she did, she would be third) 

sunak surely knows he loses a membership vote against Johnson. Sunak surely wants to make sure boris doesn’t regain the leadership. 

is there a scenario come Monday lunchtime that sunak withdraws and his supporters get behind mordaunt?  Hence mordaunt and boris go to the membership and that’s not quite a Johnson slam dunk. Will sunak put the party and the country ahead of his own interest ? 

Johnson beats all comers amongst the membership. These are the thick twats who voted Truss in. It’s worse than letting the residents of your local mental health unit decide who will lead our country 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Johnson beats all comers amongst the membership. These are the thick twats who voted Truss in. It’s worse than letting the residents of your local mental health unit decide who will lead our country 

Speaking on behalf of those of us who have spent time in a mental health unit, an opinion like that can go **** itself. Really shitty comment.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Johnson beats all comers amongst the membership. 

I have said that before but mordaunt is probably the only person where you wouldn’t stick your mortgage on the outcome, 1v1

those elderly men do hanker after nanny …

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

I hate Sunak, he’s filthy rich, has a dodgy tax record and is a Tory chancellor. However, for the second time in three months I’m sat here typing that they would be idiots of the highest order not to pick him. Firstly he’s actually competent, and secondly he would actually lead on what was right (in a Tory way) rather than playing a constant game against the polls. 

If it’s Johnson then all bets are off. I can’t believe people are so stupid in this country. An embarrassment. 

• Like 1

Should have been Ben Wallace but obviously he knows it a crap job right now, so has distanced himself, yet backed Johnson (the dick)

Sunak or Penny then, or anyone except Johnson

On a side note, Sunak has very big ears

Edited by Dahnsouff

18 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I hate Sunak, he’s filthy rich, has a dodgy tax record and is a Tory chancellor. However, for the second time in three months I’m sat here typing that they would be idiots of the highest order not to pick him. Firstly he’s actually competent, and secondly he would actually lead on what was right (in a Tory way) rather than playing a constant game against the polls. 

If it’s Johnson then all bets are off. I can’t believe people are so stupid in this country. An embarrassment. 

Yer, but...he got all the big calls right!

Anyone watched the film 'Help' on Netflix?

9 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It’s not only not funny, but there is a link between intelligence and common mental health disorders, perpetuating a tired trope that mental health sufferers are stupid is not only in poor taste but completely wrong https://psychcentral.com/anxiety/recent-research-links-anxiety-with-higher-iq?c=952145024151#the-connection

An increasing part of me is resigned that no option is going to be good, so just bring on the big clown’s return and let’s sit back with popcorn and watch the show as the country burns. 

Then a Starmer win at the GE, and his first act to say that “the books are in an even worse state than he thought” - and this used to support an emergency measure to seek a way back to closer EU integration again. Markets bounce at the news, a second wave of Britpop emerges, old ladies pop the heating on, and everyone is happy again. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Should have been Ben Wallace but obviously he knows it a crap job right now, so has distanced himself, yet backed Johnson (the dick)

Sunak or Penny then, or anyone except Johnson

On a side note, Sunak has very big ears

Wallace is a myth, just because he’s appearing to do well with the Ukraine crisis, doesn’t mean he’d make a good PM. Me or you could look good in the face of Putin’s insanity. 

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

An increasing part of me is resigned that no option is going to be good, so just bring on the big clown’s return and let’s sit back with popcorn and watch the show as the country burns. 

Then a Starmer win at the GE, and his first act to say that “the books are in an even worse state than he thought” - and this used to support an emergency measure to seek a way back to closer EU integration again. Markets bounce at the news, a second wave of Britpop emerges, old ladies pop the heating on, and everyone is happy again. 

One of Starmer’s best achievements has been separating himself from brexit despite his position. The stupidest thing he could do is win power then move us back towards the EU, you’ll hear words like betrayal. 

BBC news live in Romford and they all think Boris will sort out the mess of the country....that HE helped create anyway!

It's not only bewildering  how people think this, it's literally scary.

Really seriously  worried about the next few years in this country.

My 14 year old daughter actually said we should move from here as in her words "Leicesters shit"!!

14 minutes ago, Raj said:

BBC news live in Romford and they all think Boris will sort out the mess of the country....that HE helped create anyway!

My 14 year old daughter actually said we should move from here as in her words "Leicesters shit"!!

It's a problem that's been rearing its head for some time now.

Charismatic, smooth talking leader with PR is able to convince a plurality of the population that he (and it is almost always a he) will make things better and continue to do so even when the empirical evidence shows very clearly otherwise.

Yes, it's scary.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raj said:

Few years - we’ll be very lucky. Unless we can start to offer the world something tangible (green finance hub imo) this will be 10+ years of decline surely 

Some woman actually said she doesnt want a GE because Labour would win and in her words"They woul do nothing to help the working class"

Hang in you thick cvnt...what have your tories done for us in 12 years....FFS

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

Some woman actually said she doesnt want a GE because Labour would win and in her words"They woul do nothing to help the working class"

Hang in you thick cvnt...what have your tories done for us in 12 years....FFS

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.” - Winston Churchill (possibly).

• Like 1