Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

It’s absolutely insane to think there’s a chance boris could get in again less than three months since he was forced out, especially with scandal still hanging over him. Absolute insanity, is their plan to screw the country up so much that labour has no chance of turning it round in one term of parliament so the masses then blame labour for all the countries woes. Or as I suspect is it more likely they’re a bunch careerists with a serious lack of intelligence or scruples looking to feather their and theirs own nests and lost complete track of what they’re put in power for.

• Like 4

I think Sunak would be the best option for the general population as he does actually help as we seen over covid, Boris would probably help recover the economy as well but not in the way Sunak would imo if that's even possible.

Either of those two would be better than Liz anyway. 

Just now, kenny said:

Typical Tory, anything to avoid paying the extra tax.

Street is actually a decent politician and another example of why we should all push for further devolution to our local regions, regardless of which party they’re from. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Christ, as if these people exist.

I love this country as much as the next man but wowlol

Not sure if he's a WUM getting air-time or a complete cvnt.

Probably both.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Street is actually a decent politician and another example of why we should all push for further devolution to our local regions, regardless of which party they’re from. 

He is decent, as are soulsby and burnham. The chap from Middlesbrough always ce across well as well.

It allows someone with drive to stop the local council bureaucracy doing nothing whilst wasting money all over the show.

On the other hand you get Sadiq Khan so it's all dependant on the quality of the individual in charge.

12 hours ago, Lionator said:

One of Starmer’s best achievements has been separating himself from brexit despite his position. The stupidest thing he could do is win power then move us back towards the EU, you’ll hear words like betrayal. 

Yes, unfortunately the UK is stuck with Brexit for a generation or two. Like a bicycle whose brakes are rubbing, the friction introduced by Brexit will grind away at the the British economy over the decades and impoverish it’s people, whilst a few enrich themselves on the proceeds of deregulation, trashing the environment in the process.

Of course it isn’t the only factor in what ails the UK at present, but it is a continual backdrop to everything and will remain so for many years to come. In the end this is what the great British masses voted for. End of empire stuff I suppose.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes, unfortunately the UK is stuck with Brexit for a generation or two. Like a bicycle who’s brakes are rubbing, the friction introduced by Brexit will grind away at the the British economy over the decades and impoverish it’s people, whilst a few enrich themselves on the proceeds of deregulation, trashing the environment in the process.

Of course it isn’t the only factor in what ails the UK at present, but it is a continual backdrop to everything and will remain so for many years to come. In the end this is what the great British masses voted for. End of empire stuff I suppose.

We're stuck outside the EU for a generation or two but I can imagine a near future Labour or even Conservative government lessening much of the trade friction and realigning with EU regulations. 

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

I'd still be mighty surprised if Bojo got 100 backers amongst Tory MPs.  I still think Sunak will get the gig unopposed in the end, without it going to the vote of the mental members.

He's probably desperately seeing if he can get Sunak to apply any influence over the Privileges Cttee as PM (he wouldn't), and then he can come out and publicly back him, making it sound like he's the guy that's kept the Tory party together. 

Or maybe he's just flown back from his 7th holiday of the year, to actually do his job as a constituency MP.

OK maybe not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Shameful bigot. I hope he is not typical of Tory members

Put it this way, a large percentage of their membership would probably sway towards reinstating a man with a long track record of racist, homophobic and sexist behaviour. That’s all you need to know. 

It’s a moral abattoir. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is a Judicial review in against the Tory party and their lack of clarity on membership scrutiny. A pressure group was able to register their dog as a Tory member and vote in the leadership race 

I have zero confidence in the Brits not managing to fvck this up again and taking us all down with them.

Starmer is a light blue Tory but anything is better than this rabble. 

Get in PR asap and have a GE to get the Tories out