Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

These people really are fascinating. Sunak was born in Southampton. Johnson was born in NEW YORK. 

I really don't understand what makes the latter MORE English than the former.

image.jpeg.6f1878c2eb67d24ab7cf280300ae6945.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think Sunak would be the best option for the general population as he does actually help as we seen over covid, Boris would probably help recover the economy as well but not in the way Sunak would imo if that's even possible.

Either of those two would be better than Liz anyway. 

Aren't you aware that this Tory party has reached the limits of credibility with every observer who has an ounce of objectivity? This isn't about which is the next candidate to put before the Tory membership - it's about asking the country to put right its error of judgement over the shambles of Brexit and vote out a ruined, inept, immoral and clueless remnants of what used to be the Conservative and Unionist Party.

Since Cameron got in it's been mistake after mistake - the first was the Brexit referendum, and it's been all downhill from there. Neither Johnson nor Sunak are interested in the needs of the majority of the citizens of this country. If you're not aware of any of this then you have a point of view that you've every right to express and which is totally irrelevant to how this country is being mismanaged.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Someone else field this, please. I’m getting so tired of this bollocks.

@FoxyPV - watch this and explain to me the Tory policies and how this is Tory light. 

In fact, watch it and then find me the equivalent ideas from the Tory party for their vision of Britain. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It’s looking like Hunts halloween budget statement could have been written by Starmer sound alike, Reeves, with a swipe at the wealthy. According to the Telegraph. 

Sounds good then. The wealthy can suck it up for a change.

30 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It’s looking like Hunts halloween budget statement could have been written by Starmer sound alike, Reeves, with a swipe at the wealthy. According to the Telegraph. 

It’s taken them 12 years to figure out who can actually afford to be taxed. 

Does anyone remember The Simpsons episode where it's Quimby and Sideshow Bob running for mayor? Sideshow Bob's campaign video criticises Quimby for releasing an attempted murderer (Sideshow Bob) from prison. This apparently is a reason to vote for Sideshow Bob as Quimby isn't tough on crime.

This is what the current situation is like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Like you say he's minted, so he doesn't need to be in politics, but it helps him help shape certain policies that line his own pocket even more.

A man of his wealth should be only be in politics to help people and make the country better (well that's why they all should be, but you know what I mean) but he's clearly got no interest in that. Also he often uses his religion to defend his voting on certain subject like LGBT rights, but those Christian value are nowhere to be seen when it comes to helping people.

Classic evangelist/fundie hypocrisy on display.

Thankfully not so much a problem for policymaking in the UK as it is in other places.

41 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I thought Raab actually spoke a bit of sense this morning as to why Johnson shouldn't return. I 100% agree with what he said.

And I wish JRM would just fvck off. What a total bell end that bloke is. If I were the Tories I'd fvck him off straight away. He's like a bad smell that just lingers around.

JRM reminds me of a Victoria Headmaster. The bloke needs to get back in his Time Machine and Fuchs off! 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Like you say he's minted, so he doesn't need to be in politics, but it helps him help shape certain policies that line his own pocket even more.

A man of his wealth should be only be in politics to help people and make the country better (well that's why they all should be, but you know what I mean) but he's clearly got no interest in that. Also he often uses his religion to defend his voting on certain subject like LGBT rights, but those Christian value are nowhere to be seen when it comes to helping people.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Classic evangelist/fundie hypocrisy on display.

Thankfully not so much a problem for policymaking in the UK as it is in other places.

JRM's version of Christianity reminds me of Mother Teresa's as described by the legendary Christopher Hitchens. Glorifying suffering rather than alleviating it. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

JRM's version of Christianity reminds me of Mother Teresa's as described by the legendary Christopher Hitchens. Glorifying suffering rather than alleviating it. 

In that Just World/Prosperity Gospel version that JRM and most of the American South buy into, suffering does have to be glorified as it is necessary in such versions for there to be "punishment" from the divine powers for being lazy/unlucky/not pious enough/insert other vacuous reason here.