Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

52 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Of course he didn't. So predictable. 

Funniest for me though is all those thick twats who came put publically for him and have ****ed their careers.

Have they not leant anything of this man's character. Absolutely delicious

Hopefully we will soon the back of Rees Mogg from the front bench. Those morons in the party and the public that wanted Johnson can now sod off.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Can’t really see Mordaunt getting over a 100 MP votes. 

She might if Tory MPs believe there needs to be some sort of vote from the membership rather than a coronation.

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

360 very privileged and out of touch people are about to decide the fate of over 70 million people. Some democracy. 

We are a representative democracy

Hence those 357 people are carrying out their democratic duty given the situation they find themselves 

I think tomorrow will be a very interesting day if you like watching politics ….

deal making and ducking and diving 

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We are a representative democracy

Hence those 357 people are carrying out their democratic duty given the situation they find themselves 

I think tomorrow will be a very interesting day if you like watching politics ….

deal making and ducking and diving 

Not a single one of them represent me or millions of people around the country. It’s dreadful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Not a single one of them represent me or millions of people around the country. It’s dreadful.

Then campaign for a change in our ‘constitution’

Out of interest, did you have a problem with brown taking over from Blair ??

I’ve seen a lot of stuff over the past few weeks that a change in leader must mean a GE 

if that was the law then boris would still be pm.   If a leader goes ‘rogue’ then mp’s are likely to keep them in place if the polls are not supportive (which they are likely to be) 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Best case scenario this. No mandate from the public, no mandate from his own party members 65% of whom rejected him just 48 days ago, installed as Prime Minister by just 150 people out of a population of 68,706,714. He already has a police fine for breaking the law while in office and is under investigation by other MPs at the Privileges Committee. He’s also been directly involved in creating the problems we now face. 

The demands for a general election will only get louder. 

I agree however many of the public will turn a blind eye to this as this is the guy who gave away "free money" during lockdown and helped everyone to "eat out".  As has been mentioned by a previous poster, the public at large are easily manipulated.

18 hours ago, Daggers said:

Someone else field this, please. I’m getting so tired of this bollocks.

Has already put forward austerity agenda.

Has purged labour of any left standing candidates across numerous constituency groups.

Is only popular due to the Tories showing their true colours/ incompetence.

No condemnation of the policing bill 

No comment over institutional failings that forced out previous leader

They'll be the next govt due to the failings of this govt rather than anything they've done.

Would take the lib dems over this shower but let's not pretend Labour aren't without issue

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

Has already put forward austerity agenda.

Has purged labour of any left standing candidates across numerous constituency groups.

Is only popular due to the Tories showing their true colours/ incompetence.

No condemnation of the policing bill 

No comment over institutional failings that forced out previous leader

They'll be the next govt due to the failings of this govt rather than anything they've done.

Would take the lib dems over this shower but let's not pretend Labour aren't without issue

I honestly believe that they are scared of saying anything that the Tory press will be able to twist and beat them with in the next GE campaign - soft on this, soft on that 

until they are in govt, you cannot judge them 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

JRM's version of Christianity reminds me of Mother Teresa's as described by the legendary Christopher Hitchens. Glorifying suffering rather than alleviating it. 

Top reference there.

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I honestly believe that they are scared of saying anything that the Tory press will be able to twist and beat them with in the next GE campaign - soft on this, soft on that 

until they are in govt, you cannot judge them 

This pretty much sums it up.

I’m assuming Labour win the next election at this point. I’ve no idea where they stand on stuff, as they’ve never really broadcast it. I’m sure I could find out if I went looking. 

I believe Sunak is the best candidate for the current government. Unfortunately certain demographics of the wider public won’t vote for him due to him not being a white, middle aged male comedian. At this point, if it goes to the wider party vote, he’ll lose again I’d imagine. They’ll care more about staying in power, than doing what’s best for this country. It’s how we ended up with Truss, who was so far out of her depth and didn’t exactly get the best of backing from MPs. 

I think Ricky Gervais would stand more chance of winning the next election for the Conservatives, than Mourdont or Sunak. 

8 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

360 very privileged and out of touch people are about to decide the fate of over 70 million people. Some democracy. 

Within the strictures of our parliamentary system and you know it, stop being such a shock jock

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Best case scenario this. No mandate from the public, no mandate from his own party members 65% of whom rejected him just 48 days ago, installed as Prime Minister by just 150 people out of a population of 68,706,714. He already has a police fine for breaking the law while in office and is under investigation by other MPs at the Privileges Committee. He’s also been directly involved in creating the problems we now face. 

The demands for a general election will only get louder. 

Right or wrong, there is zero basis for it, and if you wanted Labour in, you should not want them in now, let the Tories finish this horror, and let Labour emerge clear of blame (no-one fixes these current self inflicted ills) and as the sole option at the next GE

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Right or wrong, there is zero basis for it, and if you wanted Labour in, you should not want them in now, let the Tories finish this horror, and let Labour emerge clear of blame (no-one fixes these current self inflicted ills) and as the sole option at the next GE

Whoever is tasked with sorting the current situation out, won’t be looked on favourably. Ultimately we’re going to get more pain, before it gets better. 

We’re in uncharted waters at the moment.

Feeling Brexit, war in Europe, covid bounce in construction has slowed, escalating costs, rising interest rates. Bizarrely it’ll be rough, however it needs someone sensible who takes on the advise of those around them. 

We have short, medium and long term challenges that need addressing. In many ways, we could potentially maybe do with some shared cross party discussions on this, as anything put in place needs sustaining, rather the chip and change we’ve experienced for the past however many years. We need less knee jerk politics. 

• Like 2