Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

22 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

That's kind of what I hope. He's actively putting a target (possibly literally) on his back. There's no real "benefit" to him, in the way it benefits Johnson and Truss. 

We live in hope!

Also think we might get a point against ManCity on Ssturday!!🤣

HOPE!

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Is it safe to assume that Sunak will sack Rees Mogg from the front bench.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I’ll be fuming if he doesn’t.

People like JRM need to be as far away from the front bench as possible if the Tory’s have any hope of winning the next election 

He has to choose a cabinet that is inclusive - truss and Johnson made the mistake of picking only supporters who thought as they did 

so he will have to select a fair few from all areas of the party - if it’s not JRM then it will have to be someone equally as obnoxious 

a little piece of me wants sunak to do really well because it will stuff it up all the racists in his party and on that side of the political spectrum 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The immediate financial benefit in the wages isn't the draw. Its the ability to shape policy and procedure in such a way that you're wealth is enhanced and protected. Not to mention the ability to earn hands over fists after leaving office. 

Make no bones about it - the financial benefits are a huge interest to someone like Sunak. 

Seriously, his family need no assistance to protect their wealth. policy in this country isn’t that relevant to his father in law’s global business. His wife’s worth is well in excess of £500m - even if she wanted to drop him, he would be entitled to a huge wedge in a divorce settlement. 

• Like 1

I’ve just seen some bloke on Sky state that Sunak will be out of touch due to his Wealth. Then demand a general election.

Kier Starmer is worth over £7m! He’s hardly on the bread line is he 😂 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously, his family need no assistance to protect their wealth. policy in this country isn’t that relevant to his father in law’s global business. His wife’s worth is well in excess of £500m - even if she wanted to drop him, he would be entitled to a huge wedge in a divorce settlement. 

You're operating on the assumption that this a man, and a party, who are predicated to think 'I've got enough'. 

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He has to choose a cabinet that is inclusive - truss and Johnson made the mistake of picking only supporters who thought as they did 

so he will have to select a fair few from all areas of the party - if it’s not JRM then it will have to be someone equally as obnoxious 

a little piece of me wants sunak to do really well because it will stuff it up all the racists in his party and on that side of the political spectrum 

It stuffs up the racists on the other side of the spectrum as well.

31 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ve just seen some bloke on Sky state that Sunak will be out of touch due to his Wealth. Then demand a general election.

Kier Starmer is worth over £7m! He’s hardly on the bread line is he 😂 

Different childhood experiences of wealth I believe though....

• Like 2