Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He has to choose a cabinet that is inclusive - truss and Johnson made the mistake of picking only supporters who thought as they did 

so he will have to select a fair few from all areas of the party - if it’s not JRM then it will have to be someone equally as obnoxious 

a little piece of me wants sunak to do really well because it will stuff it up all the racists in his party and on that side of the political spectrum 

And thereby is the problem for the current Tory party. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve just seen some bloke on Sky state that Sunak will be out of touch due to his Wealth. Then demand a general election.

Kier Starmer is worth over £7m! He’s hardly on the bread line is he 😂 

Also the fuss about him studying at Winchester given the history of PMs from Eton.

It's like singing "Champions of England you'll never sing that" to United fans :rolleyes:

Edited by TK95

8 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

You and I align on the threat of climate change I believe, yet I see nothing from either of the major two parties that offer me a sense of hope. I certainly don’t count buzzword Great British Energy from Labour, and the fracking fiasco is a disgrace (not that I think it can happen as the UK is uniquely unsuited geologically, so it will always be cancelled)

So I will just vote Green yet along with everyone else, burn in the fires of hubris.

8 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Funnily enough, the a lot of European Green parties (including our’s) and their extremely backwards views on nuclear energy set us back big time in winding down the use of fossil fuels. Chernobyl is probably also to blame but historically a massive own-goal, and even today they have a weird anti-nuclear platform. 

You'll get no argument from me regarding the use of nuclear power.

On the political side, there isn't much to pick between the two parties on this matter, but as the Tories are even considering the question of fracking again and Labour don't seem to be that's a key difference.

The big thing, however, will be how much diplomatic pressure either can bring to the world stage to do the right thing. This is a most global issue, after all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well yes, this is a most perplexing stance, it amazed me that Germany had ceased its programme, and as someone who actually works with nuclear energy producers worldwide, their safety record is nigh on immaculate. This is spin guiding policy, a sad indictment of our times.

Actually agree with this. Truthfully nuclear energy should be used as a transition towards green energy. Would be positive in the short term. 

The Bonfire of the Tories - Boris Johnson’s comeback attempt failed, but that won’t save the party from itself.”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/10/who-will-preside-over-the-bonfire-of-the-tories.html

Whatever transpires, the Tory Party is in ruins and the next election is lost: 12 years in, facing the calamities of the Brexit they delivered, still in hock to fantasists, they are factional, raging, and adrift. A second Johnson premiership would have hastened their destruction. He would have loved it.”

• Like 1

Over the coming weeks the calls for a GE from the msm, notably sky and bbc will be relentless. Just like they were for lockdowns. I see one of the bbc presenters was suspended yesterday for breaking impartiality rules, for expressing her delight at the Johnson withdrawal.  

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It makes me laugh when the right in this country claim that the MSM is against them. I think they are referring more specifically to the BBC and Channel 4. Even if we are to work on the premise that Channel 4 and the BBC have a left-wing bias (highly disputable in my opinion), what about the the mainstream print media? The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Daily Express and The Sun is essentially Tory propaganda.

Who claims this?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

So what you're saying re the BBC is that the moment one of their employee appears to be impartial they remove them from broadcasting. So it's odd you think that one isolated incident which has resulted in suspension means the BBC will be full of presenters calling for an election.

I take it you've not watched bbc news for the past few days, lol.

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Can you point to one specific example in the past few days where a BBC News presenter has called for an election themselves?

Of course he can't. Like most of the "woe me" brigade, he hears what he wants to hear to suit his bizarre confirmation bias narrative.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Over the coming weeks the calls for a GE from the msm, notably sky and bbc will be relentless. Just like they were for lockdowns. I see one of the bbc presenters was suspended yesterday for breaking impartiality rules, for expressing her delight at the Johnson withdrawal.  

People that use the term 'MSM' believe that they and a chosen few sit outside the narrative when in fact all that's happened is you've been hoodwinked into another narrative. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dames said:

People that use the term 'MSM' believe that they and a chosen few sit outside the narrative when in fact all that's happened is you've been hoodwinked into another narrative. 

Also laughable as the proprietor of Sky News is effing Murdoch who has the Tory's in his pocket. 

• Like 1