Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Best of the lot I guess so can't complain too much.  Do suspect Boris and his cabal will be sticking the knife in regarding parties to deflect from themselves in the forthcoming investigation, he's Judas in their eyes.

A timely traitor I would suggest…

..for the Tories anyway

Edited by Dahnsouff

16 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

He doesn't come across as the most charismatic, granted, but I'd rather competent than a character, and I think much of his current demeanour is to reflect that he appreciates we're in a serious situation. It does feel like we've got a qualified grown up in charge now, rather than someone standing in who is out of their depth.

Liz always looked like I did if my boss sent me to deputise for him in a high level meeting, where I spent most of it thinking "wtf am I doing here".

This is very much it for me. Sunak comes across as competent, Fit for purpose. I cant stand all this talk of "his upbringing means he cant understand the working class". Absolute bollocks. We need a guy who is good with numbers at the moment. He comes across as that guy. 

(Please ignore me in 6 months when I am calling for his resignation). 

Just now, FoyleFox said:

He's resigned lol

What a twot

loads of ministers will change - they don’t feel the need to resign first.  he’s basically not going to give sunak the satisfaction of replacing him. He assumes that sunak gives a toss. 

of course he shouldn’t have declared that he would serve in a sunak cabinet.  

I’ll say it again - what a twot 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What a twot

loads of ministers will change - they don’t feel the need to resign first.  he’s basically not going to give sunak the satisfaction of replacing him. He assumes that sunak gives a toss. 

of course he shouldn’t have declared that he would serve in a sunak cabinet.  

I’ll say it again - what a twot 

Sunak hasn't a lot to look forward to, some big, miserable decisions. I would've thought that firing JRM was going to be one of a very small number of joyous tasks on his list. Contemptible little tosser.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see what his new cabinet looks like, Truss' was just her mates and supporters. Get Coffey gone, JRM already gone. I'd keep Ben Wallace, Kemi, Hunt and Tom T - add in Penny Mourdant & Oliver Dowden. The rest are meh.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And it's the same with most countries in the OECD these days, which is good.

I wonder why the US is such an outlier in that regard.

I can only offer, based on personal experience of visiting the US and my interactions with its citizens, I'd say it's because they are largely all loony.

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

As an atheist this is not exactly inspiring. Zero representation for 38% of the country.

Class is still a great divide and inhibiter in this country. Religion is really not as important in determining your future. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I can only offer, based on personal experience of visiting the US and my interactions with its citizens, I'd say it's because they are largely all loony.

Having spent a fair bit of time there myself, I would moderate this by saying that lots of them aren't loony, but the way their political system is set up does allow the fundie loonies in the minority to dictate policy to everyone else.

Which, of course, is the reason why the original landed slave owners came up with the idea in the first place and for some reason it hasn't been changed.

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Class is still a great divide and inhibiter in this country. Religion is really not as important in determining your future. 

Yup. The US has religion and money, the UK still has the old school tie.

Edited by leicsmac

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And it's the same with most countries in the OECD these days, which is good.

I wonder why the US is such an outlier in that regard.

Seems quite superficial to be honest.  The all claim to be religious yet their churches are empty.