Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Ah yes but they’d have been longer and harder under kier. 😂 Anyway I’ve some good news for you, if haven’t heard. JRM has resigned. 

This is completely untrue and I've already explained this to you.

On 22/06/2022 at 11:54, urban.spaceman said:

Sadly it's in an old closed thread but I've been pretty explicit on here before about how ****ing horrifically they handled it. They weren't prepared when it's government policy to be ready for something so likely as a pandemic, they spaffed billions of taxpayer's money up the wall on dodgy PPE, did dodgy deals with mates, failed to support the entertainment industry and self employed, went into every lockdown weeks too late which meant they had to go on longer, released vulnerable elderly people into care homes allowing the virus to spread and didn't support the homes, refused to feed starving children until Marcus Rashford forced a u-turn, didn't close the ****ing borders until ELEVEN MONTHS into the pandemic, he mocked Starmer in October 2020 for calling for an emergency circuit breaker lockdown for 2 weeks and then when things got out of hand we had to lock down for a full month in the November - then he ****ed up Christmas AND we were locked down until April 2021.

I could go on, but the idea that they got the "big calls right" is what I took issue with mainly as it's utterly untrue and actually quite offensive. 

Whether Starmer would have lowered that figure is difficult to answer - but consider my last sentence in that paragraph about a circuit breaker lockdown and the following graph:

FVcGPgeWIAAG2Xc?format=jpg&name=medium

This government's failures are directly responsible for the high number of deaths. This isn't even about hindsight as their own policy states they should have been better prepared for it.

Glad JRM is gone, shame he'll not face any financial consequences for losing his job and he'll go on being a nasty waste of skin until the next Tory **** calls him up.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

This isn't the US.  Generally voters here dont care what religion you belong to.

They ought to - we've been subjected to the weird, deranged beliefs of a bunch of Catholic extremists for a number of years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

Seems quite superficial to be honest.  The all claim to be religious yet their churches are empty.

Depends on where you are over there, I think.

Again, it just needs enough fundies to vote to be able to craft policy that messes with everyone else. Last few years being a prime example.

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

They ought to - we've been subjected to the weird, deranged beliefs of a bunch of Catholic extremists for a number of years.

What's this referring to, out of interest?

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

What's this referring to, out of interest?

Coffey, Dorries and Rees-Mogg are all pro life/anti gay Catholic fruitcake extremists.

Johnson converted.

There are others.

For me, the most welcome aspect of Sunak taking over is that government will be purged of these cranks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Coffey, Dorries and Rees-Mogg are all pro life/anti gay Catholic fruitcake extremists.

Johnson converted.

There are others.

For me, the most welcome aspect of Sunak taking over is that government will be purged of these cranks.

Ah right, now I get you.

Thankfully such cranks don't have as much of a toehold in terms of policymaking as they do in other places, but yes, it's good that they're gone and they won't be getting any more power for the foreseeable future.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Ah right, now I get you.

Thankfully such cranks don't have as much of a toehold in terms of policymaking as they do in other places, but yes, it's good that they're gone and they won't be getting any more power for the foreseeable future.

Hunt is still going to be there. He is a staunch magic sky pixie man, goes to communion twice a week, and believes in banning abortion.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Hunt is still going to be there. He is a staunch magic sky pixie man, goes to communion twice a week, and believes in banning abortion.

Does he believe in banning abortion?

I thought he wanted to reduce the limit to 12 weeks but not ban it altogether?

54 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Be interesting to see what his new cabinet looks like, Truss' was just her mates and supporters. Get Coffey gone, JRM already gone. I'd keep Ben Wallace, Kemi, Hunt and Tom T - add in Penny Mourdant & Oliver Dowden. The rest are meh.

Dowden was one of Johnson’s biggest apologists for a long time. Real creep