Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

10 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I'm going to hate myself for writing this but I'm actually quite pleased to see Gove back at Levelling Up. He actually has some decent ideas on housing reform etc and made a decent start in role when he had it previously.

He's an intellectual and political giant compared to most of the rest of the cabinet.

Oh god what is happening to me.

Agree tbh, as much as I dislike the Tories, Gove was doing the right things before he was ousted. See below thread 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think when people are starting see the likes of Gove, Hunt, Raab, Zahawi etc as comp competent government ministers shows how far the talent pool has fallen in the tory party.

Oh I do draw the line at Hunt (destroyer of the NHS and Piss Poor Pandemic Preparation Planner) , Raab (attempted destroyer of the legal profession and Geography master) and Zahawi (will support anyone for a cabinet post and horse lover).

They're still talentless willy pullers....even by modern standards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Shouldn't have to give him a chance when:

a) he's got a pretty bad track record while as Chancellor and is one of the reasons we're in this mess,

b) he's filling his cabinet with provably unpleasant, unsuccessful and untalented people, and

c) not a single person in the UK voted for him. He as no mandate from the electorate, no mandate from his own party and therefore should call an immediate general election.

My question is, how can the electorate vote for a party until that party has a leader and a manifesto?

He has a mandate from his own party as they voted him in as leader, albeit his only opponent pulled out of the contest.

Calling an election would result in an unconsidered knee-jerk vote from the populace.

With Truss and Kwarteng, it was clear from the start that they were completely clueless.

I'm no Tory or Sunak supporter but I just feel we need to take a while before we judge. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It's probably the same misreported story for the other food banks based on hospitals. They are there for anyone to use and take referrals from health workers. They aren't set up specifically for health workers, though I do appreciate it makes a good headline.

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

I'm no Tory or Sunak supporter but I just feel we need to take a while before we judge. 

His cabinet is a collection of incompetents, failures, and those who were forced from office for serious breaches over the last 12 years.

Precisely what are we waiting for?

1 minute ago, kenny said:

It's probably the same misreported story for the other food banks based on hospitals. They are there for anyone to use and take referrals from health workers. They aren't set up specifically for health workers, though I do appreciate it makes a good headline.

This. :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Screenshot_20221025_185306_com.android.chrome_edit_2593146272628274.jpg

Screenshot_20221025_185211_com.android.chrome_edit_2593162980524626.jpg

A new study suggests this weight-based bias may even extend to judgments of competence. Psychological scientists Emma Levine and Maurice Schweitzer of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania found that FoxesTalk people gave overweight individuals low ratings for competence, regardless of their qualifications or performance.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

39 minutes ago, kenny said:

It literally says in the intro it's for NHS workers...

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It literally says in the intro it's for NHS workers...

But not on the actual website for the food bank.

As stated it's misreported for cheap headlines. In fairness the Leicester mercury have run the same story, also incorrectly.

The original story was for another trust and it was repeated by MPs, representatives from unions and the RCN. All of which was contradictory to what the food bank said.

• Like 1