Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Raab returning means it's time for this again

Raab, Braverman, Gove, Coffey, Cleverly!!

..A new dawn under Sunak!!

No!..the same old sh1t and horrible, evil lineup!!

FFS, the Tories are just intolerable and nothing will change until they're ousted!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Thanks, but there's no mention of that food bank in the story? Or anything on that website to contradict the statements made in the story?

Clare Teeney of Leicester Partnership Trust is CLEARLY a member of the anti growth coalition, as are the journalists that wrote this story and the various other ones in local and national media (including radical left publication The Times) about hospitals in locations across the UK setting up food banks specifically for their employees that I found by doing a Google search for 'hospital food bank'.

Anyway, I heard today what the vacancy rate (i.e. the number of staff they're short of) was for a hospital (I'm not saying which one as I've no idea if this information is in the public domain) and it was, frankly, astonishing and also amazing that it can deliver any sort of service at all.

Whilst I expect that part of the motivation for setting up food banks for NHS staff is kindness, a big part of it I'm sure will be simply trying to keep staff from jacking in it as they cannot afford to work for the NHS anymore 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kenny said:

Why would they set up a food bank next door to one that operates already and would already supply NHS staff if it was required? One with volunteers and a regular supply of food already?

Why are you so desperate for this story to be false?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Why are you so desperate for this story to be false?

...because those who still believe in this government and the way it does things need such stories to be false so they can keep pushing the "media persecution complex" line that shifts attention and blame for the current situation from the government that is largely responsible for it.

To say nothing of being highly hypocritical when media stretching of the truth has played and is playing a big part in such right-wing governments gaining and maintaining power, both in the UK and elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Whilst I expect that part of the motivation for setting up food banks for NHS staff is kindness, a big part of it I'm sure will be simply trying to keep staff from jacking in it as they cannot afford to work for the NHS anymore 

I earned pretty well working for the NHS, a few years back mind you.

50 to 70 hours a week on internal agency filling in the staffing gaps, I was popular cus I was never sick , ran like KDH and like him, probably never killed anyone by negligence..

In regards to food, I was a chubby Youri, canteen English breakfasts and post work beers and kebab, double portions of both if i finished early. Often worked through diner and lunch breaks though,  so had to make do picking at leftover (unserved) patient meals. An endless supply of meat, veg and puddings.......  though  secretly, one ward sister was known to call the police if staff stole the waste.

That NHS staff need foodbanks now, so sad, them days were my fattest times

Whilst I am here, a Ukraine Youtuber said there is  a new Prime Minister........ that is 3 or 4 in the last few weeks, right?

I bet this thread is bulging with uproars but trust me, it is all economy driven, left or right, nowt worth getting your knickers in a twist about.

My new president might legalise street cocaine, now that is uproarable

12 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Agree tbh, as much as I dislike the Tories, Gove was doing the right things before he was ousted. See below thread 

Similar stories during his time as Environmental Minister that he actually took time to understand the role and began to action things until they had another re shuffle (one of the reasons simply feck all gets done - that’s a general political point rather than restricted to the the Tories)

1 hour ago, kenny said:

I'm not. If it were true it would be a sad state of affairs.

It's odd that people are desperate for it to be true.

Nobody wants it to be true, but it is being reported from a very reliable source. The link you provided is not from a news outlet, it also does not disprove the original article.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you have not proved yourself to be right.

I think I will trust the reporting integrity of the BBC to fact check properly and publish any corrections if required in due course.

It just seems an odd thing to get worked up about unless you have a vested interest in either Hospitals, food banks or the integrity of the BBC.

• Like 1

Much as I don't understand how a man who just said his government will stand for integrity can appoint someone who quit a week ago for breaching the ministerial code, and indeed Gavin Williamson, I do believe if he can set the right tone we can expect a difference attitude that we saw under BJ.  He is a rather more serious character, and I am sure while those he has appointed to try to bring some unity across the different party factions will have some leeway, he will be pretty quick to stamp on any poor behaviour.  

I do however dispair at the lack of talent in politics generally - but I think this is what you get when you pay them a lot less than other successful careers, put them under intense scrutiny and anyone who makes a mistake is immediately out on their ear.

10 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Much as I don't understand how a man who just said his government will stand for integrity can appoint someone who quit a week ago for breaching the ministerial code, and indeed Gavin Williamson, I do believe if he can set the right tone we can expect a difference attitude that we saw under BJ.  He is a rather more serious character, and I am sure while those he has appointed to try to bring some unity across the different party factions will have some leeway, he will be pretty quick to stamp on any poor behaviour.  

I do however dispair at the lack of talent in politics generally - but I think this is what you get when you pay them a lot less than other successful careers, put them under intense scrutiny and anyone who makes a mistake is immediately out on their ear.

If you delve into the back benches, there’s a wealth of competent talent working in committees. Honest, trustworthy Tories who (while I may disagree with) get a job done well. I remain staggered that some of them have been in parliament for a long time and not had a sniff - meanwhile all we get is recycled flotsam with the intellectual heft of a toddler on a sugar rush.

• Like 3

Just now, Daggers said:

If you delve into the back benches, there’s a wealth of competent talent working in committees. Honest, trustworthy Tories who (while I may disagree with) get a job done well. I remain staggered that some of them have been in parliament for a long time and not had a sniff - meanwhile all we get is recycled flotsam with the intellectual heft of a toddler on a sugar rush.

Because said flotsam appeals to the knuckle draggers that make up the membership.

Saw this, this morning and it made me furious. It looks like a joke, people will use it to make fun of him but it’s so disappointing. It’s racism.

Any person who holds a name which is not your usual will know all about this. The arrogant **** who reads the TWO syllables as if they’ve had a pipe stuck up their ass. Or even worse, asking if they can call you “Dave”. This is ignorance. It’s not acceptable - he is the PM. Learn how to pronounce his ****ing name. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Saw this, this morning and it made me furious. It looks like a joke, people will use it to make fun of him but it’s so disappointing. It’s racism.

Any person who holds a name which is not your usual will know all about this. The arrogant **** who reads the TWO syllables as if they’ve had a pipe stuck up their ass. Or even worse, asking if they can call you “Dave”. This is ignorance. It’s not acceptable - he is the PM. Learn how to pronounce his ****ing name. 

Give him a break. He requires 27 different types of medication just to be able to form a coherent sentence; accurately stating the name of the leader of a close ally might be too much to ask of him.

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

IMG_6629.MOV

Not sure why the uproar about this. He wasnt PM at that point - why would Biden know who he is? He'll have barely heard anything about him before that and Sunak was appointed behind closed doors rather than via a national election. If he's still pronouncing it like that in 3 months then yeah call him out, but people don't always get it right first time. I don't think there's anything malicious in it.

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

IMG_6629.MOV

Think you got the wrong end of the stick on this personally, he is exceptionally frail and seem quite unwell too me

25 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Shambles

It’s what you get when the waves of reality of immigration to boost the economy crashes against the rocks of tekkin back are boarders Brexit stupidity.

40 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Not sure why the uproar about this. He wasnt PM at that point - why would Biden know who he is? He'll have barely heard anything about him before that and Sunak was appointed behind closed doors rather than via a national election. If he's still pronouncing it like that in 3 months then yeah call him out, but people don't always get it right first time. I don't think there's anything malicious in it.

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think you got the wrong end of the stick on this personally, he is exceptionally frail and seem quite unwell too me

A direct consequence of many Americans being so scared of the "Commie!" boogeyman that the Dems had to pick him in order to win rather than a younger, fitter and more progressive leader.

Rather sad, really.

Just now, leicsmac said:

A direct consequence of many Americans being so scared of the "Commie!" boogeyman that the Dems had to pick him in order to win rather than a younger, fitter and more progressive leader.

Rather sad, really.

I thought the Latino bogeyman is the new Commie bogeyman? Or is that just on Trump's watch?  :dunno:

It’s worth reading into how Suella has become who she has and how the breaking of the ministerial code actually occurred last week. She will do the same thing again - she’s a puppet for John Hayes, who has gone into a backbencher role in recent years. 

He’s a relic of outdated views. Takes a age off BB Energy as well; an independent energy company…..