Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

9 hours ago, He aint bald said:

I earned pretty well working for the NHS, a few years back mind you.

50 to 70 hours a week on internal agency filling in the staffing gaps, I was popular cus I was never sick , ran like KDH and like him, probably never killed anyone by negligence..

In regards to food, I was a chubby Youri, canteen English breakfasts and post work beers and kebab, double portions of both if i finished early. Often worked through diner and lunch breaks though,  so had to make do picking at leftover (unserved) patient meals. An endless supply of meat, veg and puddings.......  though  secretly, one ward sister was known to call the police if staff stole the waste.

That NHS staff need foodbanks now, so sad, them days were my fattest times

That's what they call bank staff, isn't it?

I understand that a lot of the gaps are being plugged by staff from external agencies, so that's costing the NHS more BUT AT LEAST A COMPANY IS PROFITING FROM IT.

Lots of overseas nurses incoming as well, apparently. Thank goodness for immigration

29 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He called him Rashid. Rashid is a muslim name. Hence why I said that he got it so far wrong he not only insulted the new PM he changed his religion. 

Apparently we are meant to cut the President some slack. 

Its fine to think whatever you want. However, dont tell me to think this is acceptable. Its insulting. Each to their own, like I said. 

Sorry but someone's name doesn't automatically determine their religion. Not all Muslims are called Rashid and not all Rashids will be Muslim. Arabic does not equal Muslim.

You can think what you want. Thankfully Mr. Sanook seems to be over it. 

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He called him Rashid. Rashid is a muslim name. Hence why I said that he got it so far wrong he not only insulted the new PM he changed his religion. 

Apparently we are meant to cut the President some slack. 

Its fine to think whatever you want. However, dont tell me to think this is acceptable. Its insulting. Each to their own, like I said. 

Is the inference here that there is a double standard between the way this President and the last one are judged by what they say?

If so, I think that could well be accurate. However, I might add at this point that in such things, context, and more importantly intent, matter.

22 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Sorry but someone's name doesn't automatically determine their religion. Not all Muslims are called Rashid and not all Rashids will be Muslim. Arabic does not equal Muslim.

You can think what you want. Thankfully Mr. Sanook seems to be over it. 

Haha. It was sarcastic. 

That's great. Sorry I went after your poor US president. You seem like a "can I call you Dave" sort of guy. Thinking what I want. 

47 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Amazing from Sunak. Tries to claim he wants to act like grown-ups at PMQs then proceeds to wheel out Johnson's Greatest Hits in response to all questions. Pathetic.

Seems to suggest he doesn't have the advisors behind him to make this work. 

The two things he was previously good at; he's been utter crap at with the PM role. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

You have to make allowances for him. I suspect the senile old git struggles to remember which day of the week it is. What concerns me is that the American people elected him. It was a great pity the alternative was Trump. 

Did you catch the Robert Moore programme last night on the far right Trump supporters last night. They are a real worry. Basically if they win elections then they say fine but if they lose then it must be fraud. Bunch of nutters.

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Seems to suggest he doesn't have the advisors behind him to make this work. 

The two things he was previously good at; he's been utter crap at with the PM role. 

Yeah, I kind of assumed he'd be much better at thinking on his feet so it was a bit weird seeing him try to twist every question into something so he could use a pre-prepared line in response. I'm really not sure attacks about "North London" cut through these days (if they ever did?) and people are way more arsed about their bills going up right now than which way Starmer voted in 2016.

Btw my general point about advisors is the Tories are inevitably better at campaigning and getting a connection to peoples thoughts. But the well looks well and truly dry from them right now. 

I have repeated said here I worry what their next political football may be to make it work at the next GE. 

17 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Btw my general point about advisors is the Tories are inevitably better at campaigning and getting a connection to peoples thoughts. But the well looks well and truly dry from them right now. 

I have repeated said here I worry what their next political football may be to make it work at the next GE. 

When all else fails, blame Johnny Foreigner. They've already made it clear by appointing Braverman as Home Secretary. 

They'll go in hard on the immigration rhetoric as we get closer to the GE in order to get the brainwashed electorate into a lather. It worked with Brexit, and it'll work again. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

WOW. Firstly, he is the president of the United States. He isnt someone grandfather living in a home without any repercussions. He is speaking at a Diwali event (which was on Monday, the day Sunak became PM).

In addition, he is the former Chancellor - quite an important role. 

Its ignorance and very rude if youre on the end of it. Each to their own. However, Rishi Sunak is not the hardest name to say or remember. Surprising some think it is. 

The Americans can't even pronounce tomato correctly, it's no surprise that one has mispronounced a name.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

When all else fails, blame Johnny Foreigner. They've already made it clear by appointing Braverman as Home Secretary. 

They'll go in hard on the immigration rhetoric as we get closer to the GE in order to get the brainwashed electorate into a lather. It worked with Brexit, and it'll work again. 

See Sunak today baselessly claiming Labour are in favour of "unlimited immigration"...

• Like 1

It's just pure ignorance from Biden. I doubt there's racial intentions there but only he will know that. 

Doubt there's any malice in it either. 

Considering his stature as a 'world leader' he should probably just take a few seconds or moments to know how to pronounce someone's name. Just common sense. His reading of an autocue is terrible as it is. He's probably just very surprised to see something 'unusual' come up because his memory is worse than a goldfish. 

The excuse that he only just became leader on Monday/Tuesday doesn't wash either. Hardly like he was an unknown before then considering he was in the leadership race before Truss got PM. And I'd be shocked if he had no idea who Sunak was, or how to his name is pronounced, considering he was the favourite to take over before this week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

A very proficient and capable pmq’s from an assured Rishi Sunak. 

Yes, however the niceties from Starmer, Blackford and others welcoming him to his new position soon descending into the usual diatribe of rudeness and general unpleasantness. And they wonder why so many folk are switched off by politics and politicians.

27 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Yes, however the niceties from Starmer, Blackford and others welcoming him to his new position soon descending into the usual diatribe of rudeness and general unpleasantness. And they wonder why so many folk are switched off by politics and politicians.

I always think that if they all put as much effort into actual politics and solutions as they do bickering, the country might be a whole world better off!

Although, having just spent 12 years in Northern Ireland, this lot are amateurs when it comes to bickering, rudeness and getting sweet fa done!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

PMQs the same for all sides. Of course you can treat this as more theatre and delve deeper into serious debate. The public can be shallow and not be bothered and default to the old quote of they are all awful.

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

That's what they call bank staff, isn't it?

I understand that a lot of the gaps are being plugged by staff from external agencies, so that's costing the NHS more BUT AT LEAST A COMPANY IS PROFITING FROM IT.

Lots of overseas nurses incoming as well, apparently. Thank goodness for immigration

yep ,just to clarify,  generally.

bank only members have no guaranteed hours, no sick pay and are payed at the lower grades. They get access to some in house training and holiday pay is included in the hourly rate. The benefit to staff is you is that you can choose your own availability and location preferences....but in reality those who are prepared to jump out of bed and run in to work anywhere get offered shifts first..... and can make good money, especially with unsocial hours

Who knows how it is now though, probably got the bank staff sitting in the basement only geting paid when called to empty a bedpan, like Mcdonalds tried years ago.

The trust benefits as it is cheaper than agencies, staff know the environment and better still,  can be effectively sacked at  anytime..

Regular staff doing extra shifts, the trust mostly avoids paying overtime........ and again pays at the lowest grade....  not so popular with contracted staff

Not sure why you you think external companies proffiting is a good thing but maybe you have shares in BNA or similar?

As for the foriegn nurses, that was the the main benefit of working all over the hospital in my fat days.....  there was a perception of male nurses being gayish but believe me, i had much more sex working with Anna from Sweden and Milly from Thailand than I would have done in a warehouse working with Geordie and Jock.

33 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I always think that if they all put as much effort into actual politics and solutions as they do bickering, the country might be a whole world better off!

Although, having just spent 12 years in Northern Ireland, this lot are amateurs when it comes to bickering, rudeness and getting sweet fa done!

Well, at least we have a "functioning" Government which is more than can be said for NI.

• Like 1