Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

21 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So as with most things in life, a compromise/middle ground is the most likely scenario? This would surely be most likely to succeed, but even this contains an obvious level of subjective judgement. (One person fair level would not match another persons)

Yes we could apply the corporation tax rate to all their applicable profits as a %!  Imagine!  If they make more profits we get more tax!  And if thy pay their execs more bonuses (as I'm sure they weren't expecting such high profits when they set bonus targets) we get more tax from those being paid too!

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Turns out this is stupid and that's a fact :ph34r:

Oh really. Click on the map for the 4 most common cancers the 5 year survival rates for UK and Europe.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiBxcPGwYL7AhXLesAKHfb3DkMQFnoECB0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fworldpopulationreview.com%2Fcountry-rankings%2Fcancer-survival-rates-by-country&usg=AOvVaw34wvDWgCVy0ae3lPVAOeRI

21 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Would you say the NHS is supposedly bad at saving lives because of skill or because of violent under funding and frequent gutting of resources by the tories? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Would you say the NHS is supposedly bad at saving lives because of skill or because of violent under funding and frequent gutting of resources by the tories? 

How can it possibly be underfunded?..

It's getting an extra £350.000,000 a WEEK as a Brexit bonus!!.., I know that isn't a lie because it was a promise, written in bloody big letters and numbers on a double decker bus!!

...it made tens of thousands of gullible lunatics vote 'leave' didn't it?

Can you imagine the mess the NHS would be in without that money going to them each week rather than be it being paid into the EU coffers!!

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Combination of factors. Perceived underfunding is part of it, but it's how that funding is spent which is key. Only last week I read the NHS is currently budgeting for 90 billion pounds worth of negligence claims. If that is correct that is not governments fault.

One of the current traumas is the bed blocking by elderly patients who can't be discharged due to a lack of care provision. Why, one big factor is that around 40k care staff left last year because they didn't want to be forced into mandatory covid vaccinations.

Anecdotally, I have tried this week to make an appointment to see my GP. I was told there weren't any face to face appointments with her available within the next 30 days, but I could have a phone appointment with another doctor next week. In the next breath when asking about an aspect of my blood test result, the person on the phone said that "my doctor wasn't in today which was a surprise because I thought she was coming in to do some covid jabs". Wtaf. GP's prioritising covid jabs over patients who want to be seen. Is it because they get paid extra I wonder?! 

So I'm afraid I am a bit cynical of how the NHS is run and I make no apologies. That said things have worsened in the last few years that much is clear.

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

A more accurate picture is provided by the age adjusted mortality rates. Which put us mid table in Europe. We have a disproportionately aging population and the elderly are less able to fight off serious diseases like cancer and are more likely to refuse harsh treatment.

https://www.wcrf.org/cancer-trends/global-cancer-data-by-country/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Combination of factors. Perceived underfunding is part of it, but it's how that funding is spent which is key. Only last week I read the NHS is currently budgeting for 90 billion pounds worth of negligence claims. If that is correct that is not governments fault.

One of the current traumas is the bed blocking by elderly patients who can't be discharged due to a lack of care provision. Why, one big factor is that around 40k care staff left last year because they didn't want to be forced into mandatory covid vaccinations.

Anecdotally, I have tried this week to make an appointment to see my GP. I was told there weren't any face to face appointments with her available within the next 30 days, but I could have a phone appointment with another doctor next week. In the next breath when asking about an aspect of my blood test result, the person on the phone said that "my doctor wasn't in today which was a surprise because I thought she was coming in to do some covid jabs". Wtaf. GP's prioritising covid jabs over patients who want to be seen. Is it because they get paid extra I wonder?! 

So I'm afraid I am a bit cynical of how the NHS is run and I make no apologies. That said things have worsened in the last few years that much is clear.

image.thumb.png.07e7b18e78b6e6497c262d722a09815a.png

We have one of the highest funding per capita on health in Europe. Does this spending mean that we have one of the best health systems in Europe is the question that should be asked?

Interestingly, the USA spends the most of any country yet its health system doesn't cater for the poorest people in their country.

image.png.0eb8e59cda452028565fd80bb3ece4ef.png

The only reason the NHS is ‘bad’ at anything is because the government has spent the last decade defunding it and expertly disconnecting the parts that used to work together pretty ****ing well. At the cost of peoples well-being and many, many lives. And careers - more nurses than ever are leaving the profession and there’s over 130,000 vacancies in the NHS. Because the government has treated them with nothing but contempt.

This has been doing the rounds recently.

This is what they’ve taken from us. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes we could apply the corporation tax rate to all their applicable profits as a %!  Imagine!  If they make more profits we get more tax!  And if thy pay their execs more bonuses (as I'm sure they weren't expecting such high profits when they set bonus targets) we get more tax from those being paid too!

Making excess profits just means they are sh*t are their job and cannot forecast, they should hand it all over and say thanks 

1 hour ago, kenny said:

image.thumb.png.07e7b18e78b6e6497c262d722a09815a.png

We have one of the highest funding per capita on health in Europe. Does this spending mean that we have one of the best health systems in Europe is the question that should be asked?

Interestingly, the USA spends the most of any country yet its health system doesn't cater for the poorest people in their country.

image.png.0eb8e59cda452028565fd80bb3ece4ef.png

Be interesated to see the link so that we are able to see all the countries,  I note this doesn't show Germany.

In any case a much better metric is spend as a pecentage of GDP as that better reflects the underlying costs,  and here we fall below the EU average and significantly below our nearest comparitiors Germany and France.

https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/health_spending_as_percent_of_gdp/Europe/

2 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

So just a co-incidence that negligence claims have increase nearly four fold under the Tories,  nothing to do with under funding/staffing.  If thats the case then it must be the case that the qual;ity of staff in the NHS has diminished,  if that is true,  then who do you blaim for that.  The simple fact is that under the Tories the quality of care in the NHS under this government has plummetted,  yet you concinue to claim it is all the NHS's fault.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Rishi has just rowed back on his plan to fine ‘dna’s’ £10. Who if anyone here would favour a fee to see your GP, say a tenner or even just £5. After all you pay for opticians under 60 years of age and for dental care. 

Healthcare should unequivocally be free at the point of use.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Rishi has just rowed back on his plan to fine ‘dna’s’ £10. Who if anyone here would favour a fee to see your GP, say a tenner or even just £5. After all you pay for opticians under 60 years of age and for dental care. 

Definitely not,  healthcare should be a basic right which can all access as no user cost.  But additionally fee of such small value would add a disproportionate administrative burden on an already stretched GP service.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Jeremy Hunt’s legacy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Watch the video below.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The only reason the NHS is ‘bad’ at anything is because the government has spent the last decade defunding it and expertly disconnecting the parts that used to work together pretty ****ing well. At the cost of peoples well-being and many, many lives. And careers - more nurses than ever are leaving the profession and there’s over 130,000 vacancies in the NHS. Because the government has treated them with nothing but contempt.

This has been doing the rounds recently.

This is what they’ve taken from us. 

There is a direct correlation between the decline in the NHS and the people you've been voting for.