Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Fazzer - what's your suggestion in trying to stop this issue? 

Numerous posters here have stated that a proper application system before they make the trip may alleviate the demand of accommodating immigrants in interim during their application status 

You'd be better asking Suella Braverman. I don't how to stop them. It would seem you can't. As long as they come this idiotic weak faux Conservative government will take them and you and I will pay. So far this year 40k have arrived that are known about!! Which includes around 10k Albanians. The Home Office would appear to be on strike when it comes to processing asylum claims, and in any case the Albanians could be retuned almost instantly if there was a will to do so.

This is costing British taxpayers 2.5 billion a year at present, and that is before any of them are given or refused the right to stay.  I do wonder what the reaction would be if say a Border force vessel picked them up in the channel then instead of bringing them here took them back to Calais. No doubt they would be a full scale diplomatic crisislol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Brexit.

Make the country so shit that nobody in their right mind would want to come here and France would have to deal with little boats from here landing on their beaches.

That wouldn't ever happen, even under a Labour government;)

11 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

You'd be better asking Suella Braverman. I don't how to stop them. It would seem you can't. As long as they come this idiotic weak faux Conservative government will take them and you and I will pay. So far this year 40k have arrived that are known about!! Which includes around 10k Albanians. The Home Office would appear to be on strike when it comes to processing asylum claims, and in any case the Albanians could be retuned almost instantly if there was a will to do so.

This is costing British taxpayers 2.5 billion a year at present, and that is before any of them are given or refused the right to stay.  I do wonder what the reaction would be if say a Border force vessel picked them up in the channel then instead of bringing them here took them back to Calais. No doubt they would be a full scale diplomatic crisislol

Exactly. So why are you so strongly for the Tories then? 

What you say in the latter paragraph did happen - but alongside Brexit, Theresa May reforming Border Control etc, Pretti Patel literally burning any relationship with the French, the the French vessels collectively stopping do that. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why do you hate Albanians so much lol

Said before - it's the same old of Government post 2000 - no one wants to explore the how and why anymore. No one is asking why so many Albanians? 

It it as simple as the UK supported Albania and Kosovo historically, therefore they have family links now residing in the UK? Or something more sinister. To get to the root of issues, you have to understand how and why but modern day politics ignores that. 

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 15:37, FoyleFox said:

We shouldn't be paying a fee to see our GP, no objection to fining those who fail to attend appointments. That isn't practical, though. No hope of retrieving that payment - the inconsiderate @$%@kers that fail to attend won't pay.

Free prescriptions start at 60, this should be inline with the state pension. That was proposed a while ago, but then shelved.

Although, I've only just adjusted to the shock of £10 for a prescription - free for everyone in NI (that's wrong too).

How about bringing the pension age down to sixty in line with free prescriptions. Always fight for the best conditions not the worst.

• Like 3

Just now, The Guvnor said:

How about bringing the pension age down to sixty in line with free prescriptions. Always fight for the best conditions not the worst.

Nope. as the size of the ageing population would be am unsustainable burden on all future generations

21 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Meanwhile these loons carry on with their vandalism. Notice the security bloke runs back inside on seeing them. There is literally no hope left.

https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1587014688402919424?s=20&t=SyktlcrFoFSpWBeiAJoQDQ

If we as a species (and yes, collective consequences mean a collective problem before the usual deflection about the Chinese is used) keep using gas and oil in the same amount as we do now for much longer, there sure as shit will be no hope left.

But let the future burn for the sake of the present, right?

Honestly, is the problem really that abstract that folks will fuss about this as opposed to that problem?

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If we as a species (and yes, collective consequences mean a collective problem before the usual deflection about the Chinese is used) keep using gas and oil in the same amount as we do now for much longer, there sure as shit will be no hope left.

But let the future burn for the sake of the present, right?

Honestly, is the problem really that abstract that folks will fuss about this as opposed to that problem?

It's just avoiding the issue. It's the difference between people going "oh, I'll drink less from now on and exercise a little more, to live longer" and those living however they like, then ending up on a slab.

And the Chinese only burn so much oil cause they make all the crap for us.

3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

It's just avoiding the issue. It's the difference between people going "oh, I'll drink less from now on and exercise a little more, to live longer" and those living however they like, then ending up on a slab.

And the Chinese only burn so much oil cause they make all the crap for us.

.... and it's dragging the entire species and its future along for the same ride, which is the bit that is the most galling.

I honestly cannot comprehend the level of selfishness that goes into that line of thought. I'd like to, though - understanding it is the means to (hopefully) mitigating it.

54 minutes ago, bovril said:

Immigration debate in this country is really bad compared to many places. Possibly worse than America even. Can't remember the last time I heard a normal conversation about it, perhaps pre 2014 ish

Brexit has made it so much worse!!... disastrous for our Country....all for what exactly?🤬🤬🤬

On 30/10/2022 at 11:35, foxes1988 said:

It doesn't bother me too much if he goes or not. Hopefully he attends it all purely via video links.  Hopefully him not going isn't used or seen as a sign we aren't taking it seriously or that it doesn't embolden climate change skeptics.

Plenty see paying for hotels for asylum seekers as some massive issue but then say that climate change isn't a big issue in the grand scheme of things presently. When this is the biggest issue since ww2 or maybe much longer ago then that

4 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Meanwhile these loons carry on with their vandalism. Notice the security bloke runs back inside on seeing them. There is literally no hope left.

https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1587014688402919424?s=20&t=SyktlcrFoFSpWBeiAJoQDQ

I know your not saying climate change isn't a big issue but the general antipathy at immigration yet indifference towards climate change is a mistake.  If you don't want immigration then climate change is your biggest enemy.

On another note we've left the EU and yet still have lots of refugees coming here that we don't deal with.  Home office doesn't seem able to cope yet this government hasn't had the flack it should for it especially in comparison to the flack the EU got for it (granted thanks to Labour and Tory governments continuing to allow the media to make excuses for them).

Edited by foxes1988
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

I know your not saying Climate change isnt a big issues but the general antipathy at immigration yet indifference towards climate change is a mistake.  If you don't want immigration then climate change is your biggest enemy.

On another note we've left the EU and yet still have lots of refugees coming here that we don't deal with.  Home office doesn't seem able to cope yet this government hasn't had the flack it should for it.

Another example of that very specific irony.

Folks who don't want excessive migration or increasingly authoritarianism governments all over the world either ignoring or actually pushing for the circumstances that will lead to both.

• Like 1