Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

18 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Whataboutery defence aside there. It’s known the government is allowing sewage to outputted into the waterways of this country. Can’t be disputed and my main point still stands. 

Yet a portion of the nation are outraged by someone throwing paint on windows 

No whataboutery from me.

It's a fact. It's not sewage.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Perfect opportunity as well to have the headline "TURDAL WAVE" too.

Years ago it made the news that the sewers of Manchester were not coping with the city’s expanding population, I recall tuning into the radio and hearing:

“At this rate they’ll have to rename the Manchester Ship Canal”

• Haha 1

If I were the Tory comms chief I'd be going full on Malcolm Tucker over this Braverman farce.

New Prime Minister after the last one lasted about 10 minutes, and the new Home Secretary who was sacked less than two weeks ago is already on the ropes. It's like they're addicted to crisis or something

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Otis said:

@grobyfox1990 why not bet against yourself and buy a Scandinavian property. Apparently they'll be in high demand soon 😀😀

I already have, put a bit of money in an OEIC called ‘first Nordic real estate fund’ or some such which invests in Scandinavian property. I truly believe climate change is the greatest market opportunity, maybe ever. I am a random person on the internet but putting your money where your mouth is, if you’re as confident as you are, Is much more fun than typing about it on a football forum 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kenny said:

No whataboutery from me.

It's a fact. It's not sewage.

So despite the Government admitting that sewage is being pumped into our waterways, despite Defra testing agreeing, and despite the wealth of evidence that this is happening daily, you don't believe sewage is going into our waterways? OK then. :dunno:

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

So despite the Government admitting that sewage is being pumped into our waterways, despite Defra testing agreeing, and despite the wealth of evidence that this is happening daily, you don't believe sewage is going into our waterways? OK then. :dunno:

I don't recall writing that.

On a second check, I didn't.

Excellent.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If I were the Tory comms chief I'd be going full on Malcolm Tucker over this Braverman farce.

New Prime Minister after the last one lasted about 10 minutes, and the new Home Secretary who was sacked less than two weeks ago is already on the ropes. It's like they're addicted to crisis or something

She won't last long. Goes to show that the mild feeling of 'Rishi is bound to be either better (at best) or different' that was felt by a large chunk of gullible population was misplaced, yet again. Tories will be tories and will continue to take those that care for mugs in a desperate attempt to merely please themselves and 'unite their party' at the expense of the public. Party first, people second (or even better, people locked up in horrendous conditions for weeks) is order of the day!

Edited by SecretPro

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Is it sewage in the sea or not then as I’m flummoxed reading these comments, and we’ve all been calling my friend who lives in Lewes sh1t boy since this story came out 

There's definitely lots of sewage in the sea, 100% proven. Might not be the case with St Agnes, but that changes nothing. At least the issue, which despite people weirdly playing it down on here, is a massive, unjust and criminal one is finally getting the attention it deserves. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

There's definitely lots of sewage in the sea, 100% proven. Might not be the case with St Agnes, but that changes nothing. At least the issue, which despite people weirdly playing it down on here, is a massive, unjust and criminal one is finally getting the attention it deserves. 

It’s a load of bullshit, my cousin lives there, first year she was there, about 30 years ago, they had a mudslide and a load of houses where flooded with mud from the hills at the back of the village and it all ends up in the sea.

10 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

So the main point still stands then, as stated by CosbehFox, which you ignored. 

The first point was:

No one can argue that is good. It’s utterly disgusting and it’s happening day after day 

Which is in reference to an article whereby storm water has discharged mud into the sea that has been shown to be free from sewage.

The next point was:

Whataboutery defence aside there. It’s known the government is allowing sewage to outputted into the waterways of this country. Can’t be disputed and my main point still stands. 

Yet a portion of the nation are outraged by someone throwing paint on windows 

It is a fact that the water authorities in this country do and have always discharged sewage mixed with flood water at flood exceedence events. This occurs in most developed countries as the infrastructure has not improved as climate has effected the nature of rainfall in the northern hemisphere.

The paint chuckers are pointless virtue signallers.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s a load of bullshit, my cousin lives there, first year she was there, about 30 years ago, they had a mudslide and a load of houses where flooded with mud from the hills at the back of the village and it all ends up in the sea.

As I said, might not be the case in St Agnes in this event, but is 100% proven on beaches and rivers the length and breadth of the UK (and accepted as so by the Government) so clearly not 'a load of bullshit'.

Edited by SecretPro

1 minute ago, kenny said:

The first point was:

No one can argue that is good. It’s utterly disgusting and it’s happening day after day 

Which is in reference to an article whereby storm water has discharged mud into the sea that has been shown to be free from sewage.

The next point was:

Whataboutery defence aside there. It’s known the government is allowing sewage to outputted into the waterways of this country. Can’t be disputed and my main point still stands. 

Yet a portion of the nation are outraged by someone throwing paint on windows 

It is a fact that the water authorities in this country do and have always discharged sewage mixed with flood water at flood exceedence events. This occurs in most developed countries as the infrastructure has not improved as climate has effected the nature of rainfall in the northern hemisphere.

The paint chuckers are pointless virtue signallers.

Bloody suffragettes, bunch of pointless virtue signallers. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

As I said, might not be the case in St Agnes in this event, but is 100% proven on beaches and rivers the length and breadth of the UK (and accepted as so by the Government) so clearly not 'a load of bullshit'.

I meant in st Agnes. The chemicals they spread on the fields will probably kill all the marine life though, hope those carrot crunching vegans are happy now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

But isn’t this just style over substance? What have they actually achieved? Isn’t it better to lobby for improved insulation for the less well off? For reduction in use of fossil fuels? Isn’t that more useful than self promotion through grandstanding? They dilute the message in my mind.

I mean, you are struggling if you think 40 years of lobbying and peaceful campaigning on anything environmental (that has been systematically suppressed by the fossil fuel lobby) is changing anything quickly (ie, all these environmental issues were being raised 40 years ago and look where we are, realistically). 

Civil disobedience is a useful tactic and has been since protest was invented. Sure, many might not agree with it, but it is a necessity. I assume lots of people on the chalk and slate version of foxes talk also talked about the suffragettes and the likes of MLK being style over substance and telling them to just 'play by the rules which have been designed to prevent you ever achieving anything because of vested interests'. 

Give Big Oil vs The World a watch on BBC Iplayer and see how dramatically skewed AGAINST environmentalists the system  became purely on the say so of Fossil Fuel Companies, let alone with the help of a Government that has just banned protest and threatens to send everyone to prison. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Indeed. We should hope Suella is resilient against this onslaught to get rid of her. She at least recognises that this invasion as she puts it has to be stemmed. 

What ****ing invasion.

I also saw that grifter Farage defending her today so she's truly ****ed.

I love it how that conman's Brexit has actually increased immigration/ the number of asylum seekers with us leaving the Dublin Protocol. Hilarious.

Jeez the amount of moron's / fascists around really makes you worry for the future of the human race.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

What ****ing invasion.

I love it how that conman's Brexit has actually increased immigration/ the number of asylum seekers with us leaving the Dublin Protocol. Hilarious.

Jeez the amount of moron's / fascists around really makes you worry for the future of the human race.

Immigration hyperbole and misinformation is the lowest hanging fruit for the right. Expect it to be deployed heavily in the run up to the GE. They adopt it because they know knuckle draggers will lap it up, just as they did with Farage when he was mildly relevant. It's a thinly veiled vehicle for racists.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

What ****ing invasion.

This nation has always been a nation of migrants. I bet my grand parents were moaning like fvck when Farages grandparents migrated from Germany to England.

• Like 3