Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Sent elderly people from hospital into care homes to spread the virus , killing thousands of care home residents around the Country!!

What would you call it?

And at the same time closed down down golf courses, y'know to protect the peasants. 

Just now, Izzy said:

Yeah it’s posts like this which is probably why he doesn’t bother any more. 
Once it gets abusive, what’s the point.

He was a WUM though. I wish him well wherever he is but he was quite childish, winding people up then complaining they were abusive back

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Sports team politics, they dont care what he does because "at least it aint bleddy labour". 

Bang on. 

Surely anyone with a modicum of impartiality can see he's just taking the piss. 

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Yeah it’s posts like this which is probably why he doesn’t bother any more. 
Once it gets abusive, what’s the point.

And yet his point is bang on. He only ever contributed to the thread to gloat or WUM. Now he would need to show humility or correct previous strident opinions…*pooof*

• Like 2

To try and counter balance my usual Tory bashing on here. Happy to see the majority of measures brought in by Sunak today.

Should have been done a fair few months ago mind, but coupling this with his initial response to Covid, you can argue that Sunak has intelligence in his role - he just needs to almost be held at political gunpoint to implement it in a way that actually helps people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LVocey said:

To try and counter balance my usual Tory bashing on here. Happy to see the majority of measures brought in by Sunak today.

Should have been done a fair few months ago mind, but coupling this with his initial response to Covid, you can argue that Sunak has intelligence in his role - he just needs to almost be held at political gunpoint to implement it in a way that actually helps people.

i think it's more of a case that he has to have the blessing of the PM to announce the measures and I don't think Johnson has been supportive of it. 

He has been trying to undermine Sunak's credibility as he was very much looking like a Prime Minister in waiting for a period of time and was a threat to Johnson. 

16 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

i think it's more of a case that he has to have the blessing of the PM to announce the measures and I don't think Johnson has been supportive of it. 

He has been trying to undermine Sunak's credibility as he was very much looking like a Prime Minister in waiting for a period of time and was a threat to Johnson. 

Possibly, although I also get the feeling that most of those measures are far more Boris Johnson style populism rather than the "sound money" conservatism that Sunak claims to belong to.

16 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Some good measures from Sunak I thought. I particularly enjoyed his comeback from Reeves vicious verbal assault.  

I actually think both are quite intelligent politicians.

Sunak is always going to struggle to appear anywhere near in touch with the common citizen, and Reeves always looks like she's a little timid despite having a decent resume away from politics.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Sunak is always going to struggle to appear anywhere near in touch with the common citizen, and Reeves always looks like she's a little timid despite having a decent resume away from politics.

Reeves is a decent addition to the shadow front bench. Thought she was a wet lettuce, but she seems very switched on and speaks sensibly.

Glad they've eaten humble pie and brought in a measure Labour have been calling for for months. Just hope it can help the most needy ASAP, it's pathetic how much the Tories have dragged their heels over this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Tbf I thought she came across better and more forcefully than Starmer.