Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

20 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Only man that could possibly turn it around for me, is Jeremy Hunt.

Good at moaning, not sure he knows how to fix the issues. Heading up a select committee is his forte I reckon.

1 minute ago, kenny said:

Good at moaning, not sure he knows how to fix the issues. Heading up a select committee is his forte I reckon.

Who is your best of a bad bunch then? Assuming Boris finally gets flushed.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Who is your best of a bad bunch then? Assuming Boris finally gets flushed.

Wanted Rishi. Not sure now.

Wonder if it's an outside bet like tugendhat or Wallace.

Needs to be someone new either way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kenny said:

Wanted Rishi. Not sure now.

Wonder if it's an outside bet like tugendhat or Wallace.

Needs to be someone new either way.

Tugendhat would be a sensible pick, although he’s rather Starmer like in his charisma. Appears principled, but he’d have to get rid of the absolute tripe in the current cabinet.

I think it will be Truss or Wallace

Just now, LVocey said:

Tugendhat would be a sensible pick, although he’s rather Starmer like in his charisma. Appears principled, but he’d have to get rid of the absolute tripe in the current cabinet.

Probably true.

There is an element that the leader of whichever party keeps potential usurpers out of the limelight. It's hard to know how good some of the back benchers might be if they are kept away from cabinet.

10 hours ago, LVocey said:

Truss is gormless.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Truss is gormless.

Truss will get it because she manipulatable. She so dense people will feel they can make her bend to their demands. Perfect for all the rich friends the tories have who like to dictate policy.

• Like 3

its 9 years old now... but nothing has changed.

If you want to know why the corrupt tories remain in power, the explanation is throughout this book...from Thatcher till today.

Breaking News: Sex, Lies and the Murdoch Succession (Audio Download): Paul  Barry, Robert Meldrum, Bolinda Publishing Pty Ltd: Amazon.com.au: Books

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Truss will get it because she manipulatable. She so dense people will feel they can make her bend to their demands. Perfect for all the rich friends the tories have who like to dictate policy.

This…she’s the easy choice to continue the status quo. The likes of Gove, Rees-Mogg and Patel will love it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Loughborough is on there. The local Labour (and other parties) need to put a good campaign together at the next election and get rid of the useless Hunt and Tories. They’ve done nothing for the area since 2010, except sell off land for housing.

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Caught breaking the rules. So he changes the rules. 

I can’t believe this hasn’t got more traction. It’s absolutely shocking in its transparent intent.

You’ve been found to break the rules so just rewrite the rule book. Remove any potential for accountability. 

It’s not even just corruption anymore. It’s a chilling lurch towards fascism.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I can’t believe this hasn’t got more traction. It’s absolutely shocking in its transparent intent.

You’ve been found to break the rules so just rewrite the rule book. Remove any potential for accountability. 

The bloke is an upper class spiv 

Guest ttfn
1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I am tempted to say that even with the literally incredible amount of shit he has pulled in the last 2 and a half years that this is the worst, but I am sure that somebody will remind me of something abhorrent I’ve forgotten.

Either way I agree this is not getting enough traction, this is outright dangerous. Where the **** are the backbenchers here? Get off your arses and get him out! The rest of the cabinet might be in his thrall but there are dozens of “normal” Tory MPs that will lose their seats at the next GE if he carries on, and that’s just appealing to their selfish attraction to power, not their duty to their constituents and the country more generally.

I was previously of the opinion that it would be better for the Tories to gorge themselves for the next 3 years and then not see the light of day for another 20 but I am really concerned about the damage that is being done every single day at the moment. The precedents being set here don’t bear thinking about, we need to make sure that this is a one-off and that we’re not creating an ongoing template for poor governance.

Edited by ttfn

19 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Does Boris not have to legally resign after it is proven he lied in parliament or not? 

What is the definition?  I mean if he believes something is true then how can you prove that he didn’t believe it to be the case.  

pretty sure that they will extricate themselves from anything……… 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What is the definition?  I mean if he believes something is true then how can you prove that he didn’t believe it to be the case.  

pretty sure that they will extricate themselves from anything……… 

Thought he said he didn’t attend these parties that he’s literally been photographed at and others received fixed penalty notices for attending?

21 hours ago, Parafox said:

I thought Perjury carried a potential prison sentence:

The most common penalty for perjury is a fine and/or jail, but the amount of the fine or jail time can depend on judicial discretion in sentencing. It’s possible for there to be a minimum sentence length as a penalty, perhaps one year, and a maximum length of sentencing at five to 10 years per charge.

Absolutely correct. But guess what. No jail sentence.