Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Tobias Ellwood for the next Tory leader?..

Would get us back into the single market and comes across as a good egg!

No, while it makes complete common sense to anybody with a brain, it’s a politically stupid decision. 

• Like 2

For the past 3 months especially, but also years we’ve been told that the Russians are brainwashed but then you read Dorries tweet and read the daily express (below) and realise it’s just exactly the same here. Thankfully we have opportunity to call a spade a spade but Johnson, Patel, Dorries are 100% jealous of the authority Putin has. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Lionator said:

For the past 3 months especially, but also years we’ve been told that the Russians are brainwashed but then you read Dorries tweet and read the daily express (below) and realise it’s just exactly the same here. Thankfully we have opportunity to call a spade a spade but Johnson, Patel, Dorries are 100% jealous of the authority Putin has. 

They were booed on the way out of the church. Perhaps they left without sticking a fiver on the plate?

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Worth noting as well Dorries (or associates of the Tory party) very much appear on Twitter to be using bots again much like a tactic used by aka Putin and some other Brexit chums 

• Like 2

I still find it annoying and it says a lot about the man, that all this has happened on his watch and he hasn’t turned around and offered his resignation, or a general election. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I still find it annoying and it says a lot about the man, that all this has happened on his watch and he hasn’t turned around and offered his resignation, or a general election. 

That would imply that the man actually has any sense of humility. He and his have had that bred and coached out of them - if they're on a side then it is the right side, by definition.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I can’t fathom why the Conservatives are fighting tooth and nail to defend and retain Johnson. What is their motive, it’s pretty obvious he’ll lose them them the next GE. Wtf is going on?

Like many Tories say that the opposition fare no better, maybe that's the case for people within. And if that's the case, that's a crying shame about the state of politics and government these days.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I can’t fathom why the Conservatives are fighting tooth and nail to defend and retain Johnson. What is their motive, it’s pretty obvious he’ll lose them them the next GE. Wtf is going on?

Johnson’s argument is that he’s never lost an argument and that he’s a good campaigner. 

He would be prepared to lie in a manifesto and not deliver, to get into power. 

• Like 2

It’s really not a good time for a new PM to take over. 

I wonder if the tories will have their vote (which he will survive) and then he will agree (not publicly) to go late next summer so a new PM can be elected early next autumn with a six month run up to the next GE. 

of course the privileges committee decision this autumn could mess with that arrangement but i reckon he would go with the idea as it allows for events to take over between now and next summer which could re write the background and possibly give him a ninth life !