Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He lost my support the day he signed up to us moving off gas fire boilers by 2030 with no decent alternative for us to use

Ridiculous

The bolded part of that sentence being the important part.

The move is absolutely necessary, but of course workable alternatives need to be in place - and ones that are marketed well enough for the public to buy into, too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Whoa, I wonder if the booing was the straw that broke the camels back. My monies on him winning the vote, sadly.

Doubtful. Apparently they had the numbers last week. That's why there were rumours of Boris buttering up some fence sitters. He'll have the numbers, he'd had enough time to sway enough I reckon. 

Probably to the demise of the tory party at the next election though. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He lost my support the day he signed up to us moving off gas fired boilers by 2030 with no decent alternative for us to use

Ridiculous

Electric boilers work fine.

They need to change how the EPC is measured though as it still favours gas.

Guest ttfn

Best case scenario is that he wins narrowly, Boris’s ego gets the better of him, he calls a general election to restore his mandate and he gets kicked into the long grass forever.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

It is changing - electric going to be favoured over gas 

It needs to. They annouced gas boilers were being banned but then having an electric boiler knocked our rating down by a band on the EPC.