Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

35 minutes ago, kenny said:

It needs to. They annouced gas boilers were being banned but then having an electric boiler knocked our rating down by a band on the EPC.

Just do what commercial landlords do and rip it out. Then the criteria completely changes lol It's utter madness 

23 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m assuming it’s a combi boiler? 

Yes, with a heated tank.

There is no gas to the property so it was a good solution. Was cheap enough to install, we had 2 boilers installed, one for the rads and one for the hot water.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/heatrae-sadia-amptec-c1200-electric-heat-only-flow-boiler/138FR?kpid=138FR&ds_kid=92700055281954502&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=CjwKCAjwy_aUBhACEiwA2IHHQCOB9Ce-eI81syacECfVzVZP18gqh0S3qkrQDju3vi_VN253lN6SwRoCbMQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The MP accused of rape and sexual assault btw is being allowed to vote by proxy.....

They have form for allowing the deviants to vote in popularity contests

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/12/tory-mps-suspended-over-sex-allegations-reinstated-for-confidence-vote?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

16 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I wonder why all of these MP's boasting about the PM's "Covid response" don't mention the UK as having the 7th highest death toll in the world and the highest in Western Europe as a result, even with the effort taken to produce and distribute the vaccine.

Almost 180,000 hats on the ground. How many of them were unnecessary and down to mistakes in government policy?

A fair few

But we also opened everything up earlier than a lot of Europe 

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

A fair few

But we also opened everything up earlier than a lot of Europe 

Right.

And though that might not be correlative, it was a price paid in blood. Perhaps, an unnecessary one.

Just now, leicsmac said:

Right.

And though that might not be correlative, it was a price paid in blood. Perhaps, an unnecessary one.

It’s a debate that’s been well and truly done before and one I’m not partaking in again. 

Rightly or wrongly we’ve been able to crack on with our lives sooner than mainland Europe. That’s all I’m saying 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s a debate that’s been well and truly done before and one I’m not partaking in again. 

Rightly or wrongly we’ve been able to crack on with our lives sooner than mainland Europe. That’s all I’m saying 

well, those that didn't die as a result anyway... 

• Like 3

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yep, and perhaps, for that to happen, people died that didn't need to die.

You're right in that it's old ground so I'll leave it there too, while repeating my comment that I don't know how some of the MP's can come out in support in Boris' Covid policy when the result, by accident or design, was a body count exceeding the vast majority of comparable nations.

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yep, and perhaps, for that to happen, people died that didn't need to die.

You're right in that it's old ground so I'll leave it there too, while repeating my comment that I don't know how some of the MP's can come out in support in Boris' Covid policy when the result, by accident or design, was a body count exceeding the vast majority of comparable nations.

Now that excess deaths are confirmed the UK fared similarly to Belgium and Netherlands. 

It had lower excess deaths than Spain and Italy as well as a number of smaller European nations.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

15 minutes ago, kenny said:

Now that excess deaths are confirmed the UK fared similarly to Belgium and Netherlands. 

It had lower excess deaths than Spain and Italy as well as a number of smaller European nations.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Less than Italy, Ukraine and Poland in Europe, and that's it, if that one chart on that site is correct and if total numbers as opposed to per 1000 are used. It's probably a fairer metric to use in terms of overall response than "just" Covid deaths, though.

Still not really a ringing endorsement of the governmental response either way though - being at best mid-table. People are calling for Rodgers to go for much less. :ph34r:

Edited by leicsmac

14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Less than Italy, Ukraine and Poland in Europe, and that's it, if that one chart on that site is correct and if total numbers as opposed to per 1000 are used. It's probably a fairer metric to use in terms of overall response than "just" Covid deaths, though.

Still not really a ringing endorsement of the governmental response either way though - being at best mid-table. People are calling for Rodgers to go for much less. :ph34r:

Per 1000 makes sense to me as we have a higher population than most.

We also have one of the highest population densities in Europe along with Belgium and Netherlands so we always had it tough.

I think Rodgers has a better chance of surviving his confidence vote than Boris does somehow!