Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

GB News with a major breaking story

I had to click through to make sure it wasn't satire. Not the Onion. Nope, that's something that someone who is literally employed as a journalist has actually tweeted claiming as an exclusive.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The major donors of the party have gone public then? (And if they have, they will simply indicate that they prefer the status quo because they currently get a lot of bang for their buck). It means nothing 

what a lot of bollux 

Quite a few names in there. Not major backers though. Founders/owners of JCB, Carphone Warehouse and part owners of Newcastle United 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Quite a few names in there. Not major backers though. Founders/owners of JCB, Carphone Warehouse and part owners of Newcastle United 

the donors give money because they get favours in return. it’s effectively legalised bribery 

they want the status quo to remain.  Another leader could be less inclined to be as helpful as the current one. But if there is another leader then they’ll do whatever they have to and the realpolitik of our system means that they will be successful. But they could do without the aggro. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

So is he staying or going do we think? 

He'll win the vote and survive for a while is my guess.

But history tells us that any vote of confidence is the beginning of the end. Nobody has survived more than what, six months one way or another? 

Having said that we haven't had an amoral, power-hungry sociopath like Johnson before. Even Thatcher knew when her time was up. 

42 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Isn’t this just proof that democracy is dead in this country?

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Isn’t this just proof that democracy is dead in this country?

Yeah and Nadine is whittling on about Boris being ousted is against the will of the people. Then in next breath mentions donors pulling their lolly out and how this will affect marginal seats. 

If he stays, I for certain don’t see him keeping his own seat

He’ll survive and dig in. There’s no way he can avoid scandal for 2 years and he’ll be barking mad to call a GE with opinion polls this low. 

His hubris will be his undoing in the end and the longer he clings on the better the long term outlook of getting rid of this lot looks.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Win or lose, he'll receive another terminal blow in the process. If he were a horse someone would have taken the gun from the case by now.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

He’ll win the vote of no confidence.

He should be badly wounded but will forget about it quickly

The CP will be very damaged, there will be bitterness between MPs for him and against him

They will be heavily defeated in the two by elections

Will he stay or will he go then?

8 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

He’ll win the vote of no confidence.

He should be badly wounded but will forget about it quickly

The CP will be very damaged, there will be bitterness between MPs for him and against him

They will be heavily defeated in the two by elections

Will he stay or will he go then?

Dead man walking....

The longer he clings on the better it is for the Labour party!

.... the Tories need a complete clear out!

Tobias Ellwood is the man I'd like to see take over.

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

To anyone defending him this is who you're defending. 

It's only a small part of the bigger story. Horrendous. 

Surely everyone knew this at the last GE?  This is why I didn't vote Costa because it ultimately amounts to a vote for Johnson and an acknowledgement that his lies are nothing more than an irrelevance.

The fact that he has lasted this long astounds me.  I said originally I'd give him a year tops.  

The number of gaffes he has made is ridiculous and people blindly go along with it because "he gave us furlough" and "who else is capable of leading the country?".  That's the general gist of what people have concluded.

With this mentality it's little wonder he's still where he is.

It's a complete failure of the current political system in this country.

• Like 2