Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

7 hours ago, foxile5 said:

To anyone defending him this is who you're defending. 

It's only a small part of the bigger story. Horrendous. 

If Proof was needed that this country lost its collective minds somewhere between 2016 and 2019.  Just hoping that by 2024 we've located it again,  and that by then the country is not damaged beyond repair.

Edited by Robo61
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Watching East Midlands tonight...

FFS, what is wrong with people??.

Interviewing idiots on the street asking opinions on how Bozo has done..

Mostly my generation (stupid old twats).....' well, I think he should stay, he done a great job getting Brexit sorted!!'....

Explain then you pathetic moron, what benefits has Brexit brought to the UK?..

Come on, name fvcking one!!!?

... honestly, theres a big proportion of the population of this Country who should'nt be allowed out, nevermind vote!!

The vaccine roll out? 

Unhindered by the fact we weren’t obliged to dish out some of our vaccines to Europe when they were really struggling?

edit- We wouldn’t have legally been obliged, but definitely morally. We’d have been under enormous pressure.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Mostly my generation (stupid old twats).....' well, I think he should stay, he done a great job getting Brexit sorted!!'....

... honestly, theres a big proportion of the population of this Country who should'nt be allowed out, nevermind vote!!

6 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Same on Channel 4 just now. Vox pop in Wakefield. No wonder we have a charlatan in charge. The lack of grip people display is amazing. 

Maybe worth bearing in mind that a big proportion of the population really don't give much of a toss when it comes to politics and are therefore not very well informed. They maybe hear the odd soundbite but really don't bother with the detail.

Not saying it's right or wrong but for many people, whoever is PM or whatever party is in power doesn't really matter to them. They go about their day to day just playing the hand they've been dealt.

I'm sure there's many posters on this thread sitting on the edge of their seat praying that Boris loses the vote tonight, but I'd argue that there's also millions of people out there who couldn't give a shit either way.

Not everyone is passionate about politics and not everyone cares. Call it denial or lack of education or whatever, but politics isn't the be all and end all for many people.

I bet there's millions of voters who are born into red or blue families and always vote that way regardless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Maybe worth bearing in mind that a big proportion of the population really don't give much of a toss when it comes to politics and are therefore not very well informed. They maybe hear the odd soundbite but really don't bother with the detail.

Not saying it's right or wrong but for many people, whoever is PM or whatever party is in power doesn't really matter to them. They go about their day to day just playing the hand they've been dealt.

I'm sure there's many posters on this thread sitting on the edge of their seat praying that Boris loses the vote tonight, but I'd argue that there's also millions of people out there who couldn't give a shit either way.

Not everyone is passionate about politics and not everyone cares. Call it denial or lack of education or whatever, but politics isn't the be all and end all for many people.

I bet there's millions of voters who are born into red or blue families and always vote that way regardless.

And others who tend to vote for that party due to their mandate rather than the leader.

Its fine being all ‘which twa*s voted for Boris?’ 

But ultimately he’s the only leader who pledged to get Brexit over the line. Blame the leaders of your own party’s for failing to say they’d honour the referendum result for the reason Boris got in. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Then one has to wonder why TV is asking them, and why they're offering such opinions. 

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And others who tend to vote for that party due to their mandate rather than the leader.

Probably.

And maybe others who tend to vote for which leader they like/trust most (personality rather than policy)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think you are right. This is one reason we end up with such colourful characters like Johnson. The fact he is not fit for such a serious job is of no real importance to these sort of people. We are not looking for entertainment but should be looking for somebody of conviction not with a conviction 

• Like 1

It’s all immaterial anyway. He’s the 4th Tory PM to undergo this. The other three survived but two were bombed out within a year and the other got hammered at the GE. 

It’s like that moment in a football team when the manager loses the dressing room. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s all immaterial anyway. He’s the 4th Tory PM to undergo this. The other three survived but two were bombed out within a year and the other got hammered at the GE. 

It’s like that moment in a football team when the manager loses the dressing room. 

Major, Cameron and May for all their political flaws weren't self-absorbed sociopaths. You'll have to drag Johnson out by his hair to get him to resign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

There's also a fairly large Tory voting population who aren't thick, uneducated, or whatever other slur people want to throw at them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Major, Cameron and May for all their political flaws weren't self-absorbed sociopaths. You'll have to drag Johnson out by his hair to get him to resign.

The games have begun though. There will be fun behind the scenes. Potential party leaders courting donors and media. The GE isn’t far away now 

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

There's also a fairly large Tory voting population who aren't thick, uneducated, or whatever other slur people want to throw at them 

Indeed, and from what I've seen most of them want Johnson out. 

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Or receive a vote of confidence from the Chairman

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Indeed, and from what I've seen most of them want Johnson out. 

I don't disagree, it just really irks me when people assume that all Tory voters are a bit dim, when it's probably the complete opposite in many cases.