Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 minute ago, SMX11 said:

How many MP's are actually in the government? Sounds like a pretty dire result for the PM to me. 

I seen 160 are in some sort of Gov role. So more than 2/3s of backbenchers are against him.. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Adrian said:

I expect we will get a change in leadership either way soon anyway..as for Boris you can't deny he brought a strong statesmanlike approach and I find his personality has made a refreshing change to the top job. some of the Boris sneering its not constructive really, it doesn't reflect a collaborative approach to ours and the world's problems..

Absolute garbage. 

He's not refreshing and I don't want to collaborate with people who have printed racist sentiments. 

You might align with philanderers and racist but to not do so isn't sneering. 

• Like 3

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Give it 6 months and Boris will be gone. 

I’ve been saying that for 2 years 😂 

Man is made of Teflon. Everything slides off him.

Meh. 

I do hope he's gone by the next general election because his 'ways' seem to resonate with a degenerate public. 

BUT, hopefully this gives him the time to continue to wreak havoc and damage the image of the conservative party for a little longer.

With any luck the opposition will have an electable leader by then, too, but I can't see that happening.

All very disenchanting. 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

His sycophants enjoying the fact 40% of his party have no confidence in him.

Inspirational leader.

It’s bizarre isn’t it. 

They should just acknowledge that it’s not as great as you’d like but it’s a win.

Say something along the lines of only Boris can get people back onside and we now need to unite and move forward. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I get why some people want to vote Tory. I just can't understand continuing support for a bloke that is a proven liar who despite what he said has not taken responsibility. 

I fully understand that, and I don't think there are many of us historically Tory voters here who would disagree with you. 

• Like 3

Sounds like he won fairly safely although that is 140 odd MPs against him.

Our local MP had already said he was going to side with Boris.

Young and up and coming - probably fancies a job in the cabinet who I presume all voted for Johnson?

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s bizarre isn’t it. 

They should just acknowledge that it’s not as great as you’d like but it’s a win.

Say something along the lines of only Boris can get people back onside and we now need to unite and move forward. 

I knew they'd try and paint it as some sort of miraculous victory against the odds but you'd think he had 90%+ on his side.

Just now, Corky said:

I knew they'd try and paint it as some sort of miraculous victory against the odds but you'd think he had 90%+ on his side.

I know. 

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I fully understand that, and I don't think there are many of us historically Tory voters here who would disagree with you. 

Exactly my thoughts. 

I can’t vote for him if he’s in at the next election. It’s just a mess. 

With these by-elections coming up they’re now must win for Boris (and you’d say it’s unlikely really) otherwise it gets really brutal. Rebels will be emboldened to have most the backbench behind them and you’ll have the likes of Dorries on her fifth bottle of sherry of the day calling them traitors. Could get very bleak for the Conservative Party come autumn.

Tories have actually shot themselves in the foot here. Lose the Tiverton by-election and they will all be s**tting themselves that the only hope they have of winning their seat at the next election is of an absolute self-centred airhead resigning 

1 hour ago, Adrian said:

I expect we will get a change in leadership either way soon anyway..as for Boris you can't deny he brought a strong statesmanlike approach and I find his personality has made a refreshing change to the top job. some of the Boris sneering its not constructive really, it doesn't reflect a collaborative approach to ours and the world's problems..

How low can one set a bar?! Jaysus!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why would you assume that the 160 would vote for him?

Because the vast majority of that 160 are spineless cowards who wouldnt be in that position if it weren’t for him. He was always very careful to select people that would remain loyal.