Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

Well, He's won so as a Tory I will now be backing Johnson to galvanise the Party, and hope it will lead to some unification within rank and file Conservatives. The balls in his court now to deliver on manifesto promises. Fail and the next election is Labours.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

The constant invocation of the war in Ukraine has to be the worst thing about all this

Yeah this really grates on me. Profiteering on the misery of others. Boris must have literally been jumping for joy when Russia invaded Ukraine.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Because the vast majority of that 160 are spineless cowards who wouldnt be in that position if it weren’t for him. He was always very careful to select people that would remain loyal. 

Clearly some of them have voted against him.

3 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Anyone watching him live on sky news? I’m convinced he’s just done a bag of Colombia’s finest.

There is nothing more to be said other than he is a pathological liar.

Completely delusional as are many of his followers.

How he can stand there and claim this is a very good result and that he has the support of more MPs than when he first started is beyond belief.

• Like 1

That interview with him afterwards on it.

Playing it up like he’s just won the FA Cup.

He won’t call a general election, as it would be a bloodbath and half of them would lose their jobs. 

He’s delusional enough to carry on though unfortunately. It’s become something of a cult personality and he’s got a following that endorses him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

How can anything else be worse than the current shower of shit? The current cabinet and man in charge is profoundly inept beyond comprehension. 

If they get rid of Johnson - who takes his place? Truss/Hunt/Wallace?

Penny Mordaunt was second favourite to be next Tory leader when I checked earlier today.  Who the, what the fvck?

The jubilee showed that it's now open season on Boris & there's no way back for him.

24 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

With these by-elections coming up they’re now must win for Boris (and you’d say it’s unlikely really) otherwise it gets really brutal. Rebels will be emboldened to have most the backbench behind them and you’ll have the likes of Dorries on her fifth bottle of sherry of the day calling them traitors. Could get very bleak for the Conservative Party come autumn.

Dorries...

'where are yaaaaa'..

'lets be avinnnn uuuu...'

15 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Well, He's won so as a Tory I will now be backing Johnson to galvanise the Party, and hope it will lead to some unification within rank and file Conservatives. The balls in his court now to deliver on manifesto promises. Fail and the next election is Labours.

The Conservative Manifesto 2019 - Johnson’s GUARANTEES

Extra funding for the NHS, with 50,000 more nurses and 50 million more GP surgery appointments a year.

20,000 more police and tougher sentencing for criminals.

An Australian-style points-based system to control immigration.

Millions more invested every week in science, schools, apprenticeships and infrastructure while controlling debt.

Reaching Net Zero by 2050 with investment in clean energy solutions and green infrastructure to reduce carbon emissions and pollution.

We will not raise the rate of income tax, VAT or National Insurance

Like you I look forward to seeing this tackled - not going well to date.  No contrition whatsoever tonight - come out fighting that is what it is all about.  Lost my vote, for sure.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

The Conservative Manifesto 2019 - Johnson’s GUARANTEES

Extra funding for the NHS, with 50,000 more nurses and 50 million more GP surgery appointments a year.

20,000 more police and tougher sentencing for criminals.

An Australian-style points-based system to control immigration.

Millions more invested every week in science, schools, apprenticeships and infrastructure while controlling debt.

Reaching Net Zero by 2050 with investment in clean energy solutions and green infrastructure to reduce carbon emissions and pollution.

We will not raise the rate of income tax, VAT or National Insurance

Like you I look forward to seeing this tackled - not going well to date.  No contrition whatsoever tonight - come out fighting that is what it is all about.  Lost my vote, for sure.

CC1BCA48-CD9B-47FD-BCE4-44D93CC5C59B.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Sly said:

That interview with him afterwards on it.

Playing it up like he’s just won the FA Cup.

He won’t call a general election, as it would be a bloodbath and half of them would lose their jobs. 

He’s delusional enough to carry on though unfortunately. It’s become something of a cult personality and he’s got a following that endorses him. 

I could see him calling a snap election if Starmer gets fined by Durham police and therefore has to resign.

44 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

With these by-elections coming up they’re now must win for Boris (and you’d say it’s unlikely really) otherwise it gets really brutal. Rebels will be emboldened to have most the backbench behind them and you’ll have the likes of Dorries on her fifth bottle of sherry of the day calling them traitors. Could get very bleak for the Conservative Party come autumn.

Can’t see them winning Wakefield. Which could be symbolic. 

41 minutes ago, Dames said:

Because the vast majority of that 160 are spineless cowards who wouldnt be in that position if it weren’t for him. He was always very careful to select people that would remain loyal. 

On the payroll, Ministers, MPs won who their seat on a Brexit ticket and others are gaining through the selective small town budgets etc. 

So a higher percentage of the party's MPs voted to get rid of him than they did when May, Thatcher and Major were up against no confidence votes.

Couldn't have worked out better for Labour.

Dead man walking who the Tories can't get rid of for another year and who is so lacking in dignity as to even contemplate resigning.

Delicious.

• Like 1