Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

37 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Could at the very least have let the ****ing Russians know.

Was gonna say, Russia aren’t going to fire on an area where a major politician from NATO is. If they don’t know and something happens then all bets are off. Obviously Russia is the bad person here but still. 

No matter how much hate and division he whips up there is no way he survives petrol at over £2 a litre and energy bills tripling in the space of a year. Inaction on those issues will be his undoing no matter how angry he gets people over culture wars bs. 

Hopefully Durham Police see sense and fine Keir Starmer. He's a dud and we really need someone in place to take the government to task over the next year. 

I think the big issue for people is not just the price of petrol hitting £2 a litre but that 45% of it is tax. Couple that with the fact that public money doesn't seem to actually go to the public and you've got real problems. Yet oil companies are getting away with record profits. 

If they kept petrol tax high BUT did a massive drive on community wind farms/ solar to ease electric costs, then I think it'd be palatable. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can't say too much on here, but they've been acting like this for a long time, the very last thing most of us wanted to do is go on strike, we're almost being forced into it, which is maybe what the Government want (Miners strike etc.)

Division is their biggest ally at the moment. All the newspapers with Tory links stirring the pot at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Division is their biggest ally at the moment. All the newspapers with Tory links stirring the pot at the moment. 

The Tories will hope it will put Labour into difficulties and will sit back and say nothing to do with us

2 hours ago, Dames said:

No matter how much hate and division he whips up there is no way he survives petrol at over £2 a litre and energy bills tripling in the space of a year. Inaction on those issues will be his undoing no matter how angry he gets people over culture wars bs. 

Hopefully Durham Police see sense and fine Keir Starmer. He's a dud and we really need someone in place to take the government to task over the next year. 

Out of interest, who do you think should replace him if he was forced to quit? I'm a little disappointed in him but can't see too many viable alternatives in the PLP at the moment...

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Out of interest, who do you think should replace him if he was forced to quit? I'm a little disappointed in him but can't see too many viable alternatives in the PLP at the moment...

I like Wes Streeting. Talks a good game and seems like genuine Labour. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I’m a fan of Lisa Nandy shes gone about her business quite well over the past few years and always seems across her brief. That and shes a Northern girl which will win over some of those lost voters in the North.

4 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I like Wes Streeting. Talks a good game and seems like genuine Labour. 

He’d be second favourite for me. Just needs to make sure he’s not too attached to Starmers leadership.

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

I’m a fan of Lisa Nandy shes gone about her business quite well over the past few years and always seems across her brief. That and shes a Northern girl which will win over some of those lost voters in the North.

He’d be second favourite for me. Just needs to make sure he’s not too attached to Starmers leadership.

Both good shouts. I like Nandy but to be honest I'm more impressed with Streeting. I can't think of many others.

14 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think the next Labour leader should be a woman. Lisa Nandy or Yvette Cooper seem very capable. Not sure what level of support they would get in the party.

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Both good shouts. I like Nandy but to be honest I'm more impressed with Streeting. I can't think of many others.

If Ed Milliband hadn't already been a failed leader he would also be in with a shout. Had some very good performances in the commons since returning to the front bench.

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I think the next Labour leader should be a woman. Lisa Nandy or Yvette Cooper seem very capable. Not sure what level of support they would get in the party.

The biggest worry for me is a Corbynite standing on a platform of reinstating the whip to Jeremy Corbyn, he still has a sizable following in the grass roots and they are biding their time. Otherwise Nandy would definitely get the nod over Cooper good amount of support for Nandy in the grass roots, not so much for Cooper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1