Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

How is she even fit to serve in such an important role in government lol

Another MP who's had an appearance of HIGNFY. There seems to be a link between that and being completely dim and self serving and egotistical. So we sanction oil from Russia, who are killing people indiscriminately but we want trade deals (in exchange for oil) from a country which is killing people indiscriminately. 

Edited by Parafox

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

apparently we've sanctioned more russians, including members of putin's close family. the comment from no 10 is that 'it proves we are prepared to go for his inner circle'.  i can only assume that the four month delay is because those added today were tory donors!

It's just PR guff after a pretty shocking week, the sanctions have been an absolute failure 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2022 at 10:14, Finnegan said:

I meaaaan, Blair's own voters were some of the most passionately vocal about the war (and his government's other betrayals of their politics, hello student fees.)

Wide-spread criticism of the Iraq war was because it was fvcking atrocious, not because a Labour government took us in to it. 

Incidentally, however, what actually did them the most was the lies. Which, to come back to Boris, is why he's not fit to continue and shouldn't stay. The parties themselves aren't the bigger offence, its the deceit that's accompanied them. He's made a career, hell a life, out of lying to people. 

Why would you ever want him to rule? 

Johnson has been caught lying in virtually every area of his life and it was well known about him being a liar before he became PM.  For Christ's sake he's been sacked several times for lying.  It's pathological.

The Conservative party quite merrily elected him their leader.  My issue lies not with Johnson because his behaviour has been entirely predictable and entirely in keeping with his record.  Not that he shouldn't be pilloried for it, but it's just the nature of the beast.  

Your final paragraph is the thing that bemuses me as well.   We now have Tory MPs and voters hand wringing over partygate.  But you did this.  You voted for the man despite it being very well publicised that he is not, has never been and never will be fit for high office.  Invite a fox into the chicken coop and expect eggs in the morning?  It's those people that I take more issue with that Johnson being Johnson.  The enablers.  

Edited by Bordersfox
  • Like 3

"I've always quite liked the idea of rugby league," Dorries said in her speech.

"My long-standing memory is that 2003 drop-goal."

She added: "We were drinking Bloody Marys at the time. Wow, what a moment that was.

The secretary of state for sport doesn't know the difference between rugby league and rugby union!!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

"I've always quite liked the idea of rugby league," Dorries said in her speech.

"My long-standing memory is that 2003 drop-goal."

She added: "We were drinking Bloody Marys at the time. Wow, what a moment that was.

The secretary of state for sport doesn't know the difference between rugby league and rugby union!!

The way she actually says it I'm not even confident she'd heard about either type of rugby until today.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The way she actually says it I'm not even confident she'd heard about either type of rugby until today.

She seems to be on " the Lash" every time she's interviewed. Clearly enjoys her wine.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

In some ways I admire someone who’s prepared to stand in front of a crowd

and talk shite about something they know nothing about. She seems to have

quite a talent for it.

• Haha 2