Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

The I cant believe it’s not politics thread.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

The past few years in many places has shown how true that all is, really.

Yes, multiple examples with fellow European countries and our Transatlantic cousins.

You could probably attribute this to many variables but I think that economic inequality and topical debates have led to a complete divide in society. This has definitely opened the door to populist leaders like Johnson.

Hopefully when people see the damaging effects that this can have, we will have a shift back to rational debate. I hope anyway.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I don't say this lightly as my feelings towards the man are well known and I don't really want to compare the two, but the sheer delusion shown by Johnson in this PMQs reminds me of Trump in a press briefing.

It's just "alternative facts", existing in a reality consisting of only him and his sycophants.

He has absolutely no shame. He's teflon, water off a ducks back. He won't resign, the mans morally bankrupt.

• Like 1

Javids statement was really good and definitely felt like a bit of a leadership bid, what do actual Tories in here think about him? You'd think being health sec and chancellor would give him a safe pair of hands vibe, but to have had both for such a small amount of time seems like a red flag

Javid's speech was OK. He was desperately trying to shit on De Pfeffel but all he could muster was a loud fart.

Thought it was dreadfully delivered, too blatantly self-serving.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yes, multiple examples with fellow European countries and our Transatlantic cousins.

You could probably attribute this to many variables but I think that economic inequality and topical debates has led to a complete divide in society. This has definitely opened the door to populist leaders like Johnson.

Hopefully when people see the damaging effects that this can have, we will have a shift back to rational debate. I hope anyway.

I hope so too.

There are problems that require unity - real unity - to solve, and they won't wait for us to get our collective act together.

14 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

He has absolutely no shame. He's teflon, water off a ducks back. He won't resign, the mans morally bankrupt.

Another facet he and the man who pioneered the method share.

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

3 PPS just gone in 2 mins.
Coutinho: "Events are preventing us from focusing"

But what do McGinn and Ings reckon? Bet on Villa for relegation.... :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I'm not sure how hot on UK politics the OSINT community is but

This could presumably only happen if Bozza resigned (unlikely) or if he got voted out in a confidence vote.....in which case it would happen, anyway, until a new leader is appointed, wouldn't it? Raab is Deputy PM now.

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

lol

Amusing but sounds like bollocks. 

- Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, but my understanding is that if Bozza went to the Queen and asked her to dissolve parliament, before calling an election parliament would have a certain number of days (2 weeks?) to see if someone else could command a majority. Starmer clearly couldn't, but presumably the Tories would quickly ditch Bozza and elect a new leader to be PM.....unless they wanted an election, say because Starmer got fined and went, too. :blink:

- Firstly, the vote of confidence is a secret ballot. Secondly, I'm pretty sure the Tory leader doesn't have the personal power to deselect MPs - that's down to local constituency parties (or potentially Tory HQ), surely.

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

You can tell when some Brits talk about Johnson potentially clinging to power they are desperate for us to be the US. 

Hmmm...judging by today there is a similarity in terms of looking to hold onto power between Johnson and a former US leader, even though numerous other variables are indeed different?

That’s a sobering thought

if Boris resigns or is ousted via a VONC at some point after a rule change then rabb becomes acting PM until a leadership contest has taken place 

for goodness sake, someone has to convince BJ to announce a post dated resignation- if you think it’s bad now …..

Edited by st albans fox

24 minutes ago, bovril said:

You can tell when some Brits talk about Johnson potentially clinging to power they are desperate for us to be the US. 

The first thing I thought about when I read the above tweet about him staying even if the 22 change the rules and he gets another VONC. 

Reeks of Trumpism.

41 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think a lot of Tories would like us to be like the US. Extreme wealth for a few and desperate poverty for far too many.