Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton vs LCFC - 20th April 2022 - Match Thread

Just now, Guest454545 said:

But that takes your best midfielder out of where he could hurt the opposition the most. It should be the defensive mids job to cover the gaps, no?

Not when that midfielder will be crowded out by any midfield of the opposition. I don't have any issue with the tactic as it allows the wing back to get forward. Tielemans virtually plays as a DM but a play making one, as opposed to Mendy who's more of a safe bet... 

Just now, justfoxes said:

Think Nacho needs taking off half time for DAKA 

Nacho was fine first 10-15 as were the rest of the front 3. We've gone more negative since then, preferring to play safe passes around the back and let them back into the game. I don't get it all

Decent half that, some great football at times. Tielemans and KDH making everything tick in midfield - we do look by far the better team here. Just need a little more from Nacho up front, not really getting into those good positions to create chances when we go forwards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Good first 15. Weve not really done anything after a promising start. Shame we didn't want to keep that tempo and forward passing up as we could have had 2 or 3 before these even woke up 

Will be the lasting memory of Rodgers, you could copy and paste your post and add it to 90% of the match threads since he's been here

Just now, StanSP said:

Not when that midfielder will be crowded out by any midfield of the opposition. I don't have any issue with the tactic as it allows the wing back to get forward. Tielemans virtually plays as a DM but a play making one, as opposed to Mendy who's more of a safe bet... 

supporting deep lying playing maker for those that play football manager 🤣

Absolutely love how toxic Everton has become.

We have come right off the pace and unless anything changes, we'll end up getting punished.

I know he's scored, but besides that Barnes hasn't done anything.  I think him off for Lookman will increase our threat.

Think Mendy has been good so far.

We should have capitalised on that opening 25 minutes, when Everton were utterly, utterly honking and the crowd were on their backs.

Want to see more from our attackers.

Guest Kopfkino

Started well, stroked it around with pace and purpose then Brendan got stroppy with someone that we were being so positive so we started dicking around with it, doing **** all losing it and ending up under pressure.

Decent half, lost a bit of fizz at the end. Get the ball direct to kelechi and have our full backs running behind please. We can win this just need to take 1 make more chances and 2 take them 

• Like 1