Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton vs LCFC - 20th April 2022 - Match Thread

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep, a few stray passes. Not sure what his issue is. Complacency? Laziness? Lack of focus? 

It puts us into dangerous positions whereas we used to have the trust that he'd play himself out of it with confidence. 

The man has played ever single match this season practically including 2 a week for about the past month.  He's got to be mentally checked out and needs a break.  He will not suddenly come to life in the 2nd half - more likely the opposite.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep, a few stray passes. Not sure what his issue is. Complacency? Laziness? Lack of focus? 

It puts us into dangerous positions whereas we used to have the trust that he'd play himself out of it with confidence. 

TBH it's something that he's always had in him. This season perhaps he isn't mentally at the races, but he's been like this before; in his first full season at the club for example.

I think it says a lot that he's getting linked to Arsenal and Spurs instead of Man City / Liverpool / Real Madrid. On his day he's good enough to play for anyone, but realistically he's probably a top 4 / 6 player, but not better than that.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not when that midfielder will be crowded out by any midfield of the opposition. I don't have any issue with the tactic as it allows the wing back to get forward. Tielemans virtually plays as a DM but a play making one, as opposed to Mendy who's more of a safe bet... 

And that would then create space for one of your other attackers. 

Some scintillating football that half, I just worry that the passing about at the back is so easy we get sloppy. 

Kaspers distribution, which is often criticised has been spot on. 

Good start but I’m still not convinced by this system. We lack an outlet and runners in behind which means if we don’t get our passing perfect we just end up inviting pressure.

KDH or Tielemans off, Lookman on and move Maddison to be a number 8.

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Might sound daft here but our fans complain about complacency. However for the second game in a row, they start doing ole’s or singing songs about how shit the opposition is when just 1-0 up in the first half 

Hubris?  Meet Nemesis...

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Might sound daft here but our fans complain about complacency. However for the second game in a row, they start doing ole’s or singing songs about how shit the opposition is when just 1-0 up in the first half 

The idea of going to the football is to enjoy yourself. 

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

The Desperation of these Eggertonians calling Handball for every challenge is Hilarious!!

When I last went to Badison Park a few years ago, I was amazed at all the booing coming from their fans for every small decision that they didn't get!

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ole's after 10 minutes was really weird behaviour

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Some scintillating football that half, I just worry that the passing about at the back is so easy we get sloppy. 

Kaspers distribution, which is often criticised has been spot on. 

Typo?!

• Haha 3

Genuinely don't understand what the point in Tielemans is. For a month now i've watch him encourage backwards passes from other players or doing them himself. He takes any sting out of an attack and we just let the opposition reset. It's no wonder our forwards look so ineffectual when the only time they recieve the ball is when the other team have 10 men in their box.

Loosen the shackles Brendan, christ.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

supporting deep lying playing maker for those that play football manager 🤣

You know ;)

2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

The man has played ever single match this season practically including 2 a week for about the past month.  He's got to be mentally checked out and needs a break.  He will not suddenly come to life in the 2nd half - more likely the opposite.  

I agree! It's just a shame it puts us into situations that allow the opposition back into the game.