Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton vs LCFC - 20th April 2022 - Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Might sound daft here but our fans complain about complacency. However for the second game in a row, they start doing ole’s or singing songs about how shit the opposition is when just 1-0 up in the first half 

This sort of thing peaked with the mocking of spurs in the 93rd minute.

• Sad 1

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Might sound daft here but our fans complain about complacency. However for the second game in a row, they start doing ole’s or singing songs about how shit the opposition is when just 1-0 up in the first half 

Our fans are as thick as shit tho. Much better when you can’t hear them cos it’s pure cringe if you can.

I heard ‘Feed the scousers’, bad enough singing it at the right time of year and wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t even manage to swap Christmas for Easter or whatever

I can understand the lower tempo because we're probably just conserving energy given the frequency of the games we now have. 

Not saying I agree with it, as its not entertaining but Rodgers probably just wants the result more than anything else. It doesn't need or have to be pretty. And it certainly isn't right now! 

Just would like us to show a bit more adventure and conviction. We shouldn't be waiting until they equalise to get going again. It gives us too much to do because the momentum swings totally the other way. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

True, you would think we might wait till we are 3 up before getting too excited giving we have dropped 27 points from winning positions this season 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I can understand the lower tempo because we're probably just conserving energy given the frequency of the games we now have. 

Not saying I agree with it, as its not entertaining but Rodgers probably just wants the result more than anything else. It doesn't need or have to be pretty. And it certainly isn't right now! 

Just would like us to show a bit more adventure and conviction. We shouldn't be waiting until they equalise to get going again. It gives us too much to do because the momentum swings totally the other way. 

I agree. Since this is the case he should be willing to go long to kelechi. This is a fair criticism of Rodgers. Be pragmatic not just in play style but also in approach. Get it going long if needed sometimes, these lot are not good defensively 

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Attack, attack, score, stop attacking, start circulating the ball dangerously at the back, start misplacing passes, keep doing the same thing over and over again to encourage the opposition to get back into it… concede?

Is this the Rodgers way?

He will say, they didn’t move the ball quick enough, didn’t show enough aggression bla bla

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Started well, stroked it around with pace and purpose then Brendan got stroppy with someone that we were being so positive so we started dicking around with it, doing **** all losing it and ending up under pressure.

That's not what I saw? Someone played an aimless long ball that went to Everton, and then he threw a strop. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good point

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

I agree. Since this is the case he should be willing to go long to kelechi. This is a fair criticism of Rodgers. Be pragmatic not just in play style but also in approach. Get it going long if needed sometimes, these lot are not good defensively 

The issue we have when we go long ether Nacho doesn't hold it, or when he does we don't get close to him quickly enough.

• Like 1