Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

that's a phrase I expect to hear from the entitled dickheads at Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford. Fact is if it was still called the Cup Winners Cup not the Conference it would have a lot more kudos and many pundits have said in the past month how much it's come to life as a tournament. It's pretty shameful we have fans who see European silverware - at whatever level - as beneath them.

It's not anything like the cup winners cup though is it. It's full of sides who have already failed in Europe. Its a terrible competition and if we weren't in it we would all be taking the piss out of the English side that's left in it. Tottenham couldn't even be bothered to re arrange a game that's how much they cared  for it. 

• Like 1

Every sub Rodgers made worked out terribly. Lookman didn’t want to try to go past his man (or even try to threaten), Daka no effect holding the ball up and spent half the time on the floor. Amartey on at defensive mid? The absolute  polar opposite of Mendy - panicky on the ball and couldn’t retain possession.

Add them all up = invite pressure and ultimately concede... again

1 minute ago, mucfox said:

Unfortunately, not for long for the Foxes.

Wes will soon be playing in Liverpool alongside VVD   :(

They have konate matip and Gómez for that. I’d be more worried about Real,United or Chelsea ( depending where rudiger ends up). Maybe even barcelona or PSG. Hope we will get at least another season. 

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

Our ability to concede in the final minutes of a game is frustrating, to do it twice on the bounce against teams we have dominated is tough to take. Cant wait for Vardy to get back, we have missed his presence, and sure touch.

....there are games where Vardy fails to be a factor in our team!!!

Do not count on Vardy coming back to resolve this. This is down to our senior players not stepping up when we need them. This is not the first time they have encountered this situation, going into siege mode never helps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there are games where Vardy fails to be a factor in our team!!!

Do not count on Vardy coming back to resolve this. This is down to our senior players not stepping up when we need them. This is not the first time they have encountered this situation, going into siege mode never helps.

My concern with Vardy is that he will never be fit enough to make a real impact in the side. There is a reason why you don't see many 35 year olds playing every week in the league. 

More annoyed than Sunday really considering that was out strongest available side. 

Everton were dog shite. Absolutely embarrassing and them celebrating like they just had an Agueroooo moment sums it up. Really wanted to put a nail in their coffin. 

We do not kill games or get the final ball right. Should easily have killed them off with a second, but didn't really threaten Pickford. The final ball for months now has been a real concern for me.

I thought we controlled the game generally well and looked comfortable. 

Didn't get the Amartey sub, Mendy had a good game.

Nacho had one of his poorer games, Daka brought nothing when he came on. 

Barnes is getting worse, I know he scored but did he do anything else all game? I'd hope the goal gave him confidence but didn't seem to. 

So annoying throwing all these points away against shite teams. If it wasn't for the Conference I'd be much more pissed off

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, The mullet of Phil Gee said:

The problem with this squad is that many of them lack the spite and grit that’s needed when things get tough. They are simply too nice. I see spite and grit in KDH and Vardy but not in many of the others.We need to sign a few players who have these qualities and who welcome a battle. 

Rodgers said that last year after bottling 4th for the second time. That we were going to go out and recruit winners, players with experience getting it over the line.

He came back with Daka, Soumare, Vestergaard, and Bertrand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

More annoyed than Sunday really considering that was out strongest available side. 

Everton were dog shite. Absolutely embarrassing and them celebrating like they just had an Agueroooo moment sums it up. Really wanted to put a nail in their coffin. 

We do not kill games or get the final ball right. Should easily have killed them off with a second, but didn't really threaten Pickford. The final ball for months now has been a real concern for me.

I thought we controlled the game generally well and looked comfortable. 

Didn't get the Amartey sub, Mendy had a good game.

Nacho had one of his poorer games, Daka brought nothing when he came on. 

Barnes is getting worse, I know he scored but did he do anything else all game? I'd hope the goal gave him confidence but didn't seem to. 

So annoying throwing all these points away against shite teams. If it wasn't for the Conference I'd be much more pissed off

Just got back home and couldn’t say it any better really.

Really frustrating - you can be dominant and have all the possession in the world, but if you’re only 1-0 up anyone can throw a ball in the box and get a deflection or a rancid goal and you’re effort is nearly all for nothing. I also said this on Sunday up in the gods at St James Park…

7 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

We are so crap at seeing out games but we caused the problems ourselfs, 5mins added time came mostly from us wasting time at throw ins and taking corners.:appl:.

Did it? Daka and Maddison facial injuries took up some time. 

42 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

It’s beyond belief! Fofana and Evans had kept them out comfortably, why do they suddenly need Amartey with them?

.. if you ignore an unmarked Richarlison missing the best two chances of the game and the clear direction of travel for the last 15 minutes

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Rodgers wants KDH's workrate and pressing in his position, it's that simple I think. To be fair it's worked well for KDH but if we had Maddison central today the game would have been won, he really should be seeing that.

....Rodgers has very much aligned himself to the 4-3-3!!!

Having Maddison out of position is not helping, even with a 4-2-3-1 we would have been able to better pressure them when we were on top. 

37 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

We are so crap at seeing out games but we caused the problems ourselfs, 5mins added time came mostly from us wasting time at throw ins and taking corners.:appl:.

Unless you're claiming he added more minutes than we wasted (given our two head injuries - not the case) I'm struggling to get my head round this. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Rodgers wants KDH's workrate and pressing in his position, it's that simple I think. To be fair it's worked well for KDH but if we had Maddison central today the game would have been won, he really should be seeing that.

....Rodgers has very much aligned himself to the 4-3-3!!!

Having Maddison out of position is not helping, even with a 4-2-3-1 we would have been able to better pressure them when we were on top. 

54 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Time wasting is a valuable part of seeing out games. We haven't done that enough in the past and I'm pleased to see us do it. The refs never add on anywhere near the amount of time wasted. 

In this instance daks lengthy injury just before full time probably upped it by a minute or two. 

59 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

We also did this in the Tottenham game. Wasted so much time that allowed for loads of stoppage time. It's such a negative tactic. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

My concern with Vardy is that he will never be fit enough to make a real impact in the side. There is a reason why you don't see many 35 year olds playing every week in the league. 

Realistically, the Vardy era is sadly over. He’s 36 next season and has spend half this season out injured.

We’ll get maybe another 20-25 games out of him but we can’t build a team around him anymore or say ‘if only Vardy was available’ when we’re watch Nacho pass it 5 yards to nobody.