Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

We haven't got enough going forward, we play some great football but it's all in the back or middle of the park. I don't know what to think about this system but 1 upfront certainly isn't helping. 

I'd like us to play two strikers and see what comes of it. Individually neither Nacho or Daka are working out. Maybe our manager can come up with a creative solution 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

No excuses, 2 games in a row we bottled it. Yea, meaningless games to a point but thats 3 points dropped over last minute bollox. 

Sort the shit out brendan and players. Wtf!

I'm not sure we 'bottled' sunday. I've rarely seen us so comfortable. Newcastle posed as close to zero threat as is possible in professional  football. 

I always felt tonight a crude aerial bombardment may cause us problems. So that was more predictable than bottling. 

It's actually quite an interesting case study. How a team can be soooo much better than the opposition but consistently fail to take advantage. I imagine uefa  coaching clinics could use these last two games as discussion pieces.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed.

I thought we were good first 25 mins, then from around 55-60 - 80 mins we were very good again and should have scored another one or two. The last 10 minutes was pretty predictable and I get that teams take risks and there might be a bombardment but we make it very easy for them.

That front 3 just isn't dynamic enough to create enough sustained openings and chances as it is doing. In patches it works but tonight Iheanacho was awful and Barnes was pretty anonymous. Daka looked a bit better and Maddison was the one who played well but can't do it all on his own.

Madders really carries the team, and without KDH's drive very little gets created. I thought Iheanacho was the worst i have seen this season, but I thought Daka was decent. Played a really nice ball across the box early on that led to a Madders chance.

Whats so annoying is that Everton was dog sh*t, and instead of clearing away the sh*t we ended up spreading it all over the ground. 

26 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We need to go in to the semi final off the back of good form not two games where we should have won but didn’t. Villa will be buzzing to play our B team on Sunday. There is no problem with our squads talent. We’ve got talent in abundance. But we’ve got no ****ing balls. I’m sick and tired of watching us throw away games where it is inconceivable that we could possibly lose. That’s not 27 points thrown away from a winning position. Tonight may be the worst of the lot. Everton were utterly horrendous tonight. They’re a poo stain of a football club with an average side and we dominated them and still managed to throw it away. I’m rattled. 

We have become the opposite to the mentally strong team we had in 2015 16. This is not about ability but grit and determination

I do not want Rogers gone, but I want a management team that know how to to see a game out. Losing 26 pts from winning positions needs an internal enquiry. Frigging shocking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

His excuse for conceding late goals is because “it happens as it’s a young squad” lol get rid ffs 

Yeah I mean the defence were a bit wet behind the ears tonight 

kasper 35

Evans 34

ricardo 28

timmmy 26

Wes 21

average age of 28.8 for the back 5 

• Thanks 2

Apart from the defensive shambles again, I don't get playing Maddison wide. He's had his best season for us and since November has been bring the goals and assists regularly from playing centrally. Suddenly he's gone out wide and looks totally ineffective. City don't shift DeBruyne out to the wing. Chelsea don't suddenly think, let's have Mount hugging the touchline. We all love KDH but Rodgers can't let his obsession with him playing every minute of every game affect Maddison's game.

• Like 3