Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Suddenly he's gone out wide and looks totally ineffective.

dont know what you've been watching

Despite the fact hes having to play out wide, he was the most dangerous Leicester player on the pitch today. Him still threatening like that when not played in his preferred position just goes to show what we're missing out on.

Who was the deluded, fate-tempting smart Alec who confidently stated on here after PSV that the bottling days of this team could now be consigned to the past - or something like that? 

I for one never felt comfortable with us being ahead. Since the Spurs game - and long before that if I’m honest - I never do. I even thought Everton would get another one after the equaliser. And why is that? Because the manager and the players are - for want of a better word - bottlers. They shrink under pressure. There are no leaders or organisers on or off the pitch - just buck-passers and panic merchants.

And Tielemans was once again a f*****g liability. How he remained on the pitch for the full 90 was a dereliction of duty on Rodgers’ part.

We have thrown away five points in the last few days against two rubbish teams because of the weak and cowardly mentality that infests this team. It is simply not good enough. It has to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, adam said:

I hate to think how defensive he will go if were winning after the first leg against roma. We're a poor side with a poor manager.

We are clearly not a poor side. We are not far off the side we were last year with players back. We have a good manager but sometimes he has bad ideas. Fortunately he has

more good ones but it is frustrating. Last two games we should have been pushing hard to score and make the game safe rather than trying to batten down the hatches. We are better at the former and not the latter. 

• Like 2

So disappointed by that!

Mendy was great first 35 minutes. By 60 mins he was mentally and physically shot to pieces.

Evans and Fofana, you could sense their utter frustration, started to move the ball out, bypass our whole midfield and even go looking for it in the box!

Game management is so substandard. I hate timewasting and Schmeichel was guilty from minute 35 onwards.

Playing ball back to Schmeichel constantly by Evans, Fofana, Mendy and Castagna - accident waiting to happen and so negative.

Everton were shockingly bad and there for the taking. The game was screaming out for Daka with his pace as he terrorised them.when he did come on belatedly.

Have what you hold rather than go for jugular seems to be Rodgers' Way of thinking, and it clearly isn't working.

• Like 2

It's managing expectations that's the problem this season. If we'd come back to draw the reaction would be much different. It's just that we constantly throw away good positions, the spurs one being the most unforgivable. They constantly make us think they are turning a corner and then figuratively laugh in our faces. Don't expect the eufa conference league to be any different (please prove me wrong). 

11 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Apart from the defensive shambles again, I don't get playing Maddison wide. He's had his best season for us and since November has been bring the goals and assists regularly from playing centrally. Suddenly he's gone out wide and looks totally ineffective

Rodgers wants KDH's workrate and pressing in his position, it's that simple I think. To be fair it's worked well for KDH but if we had Maddison central today the game would have been won, he really should be seeing that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

dont know what you've been watching

Despite the fact hes having to play out wide, he was the most dangerous Leicester player on the pitch today. Him still threatening like that when not played in his preferred position just goes to show what we're missing out on.

But when he's central he isn't just dangerous, he's effective. It's there for all to see. His purple patch of goals and assists came from the middle. Until then he'd been having KDH drift wide and let Maddison do the damage in that 10 slot. He looks dangerous because he's on form and in that form he needs to be the man looking for the ball, not coming in off the wing.

We really didn't play to kill them off, just 1 goal was fine with Brendan, he could of bought Daka on in the beginning of the second half, instead they bought their attackers on and we just sat back and allowed them their chances.

Richarlison should have scored about 3.

They were their for the taking and Brendan should have realized that 

No need to panic just heard BR,s interview. What might appear to us mere plebs who no nothing about football as another pathetic capitulation in a highly winnable match is misguided. Instead it’s all part of a master plan for his team to learn lessons - game after game after game 

Having seen their goal, obviously only seen the 5 seconds before, is there anything we could of done to prevent it? sounds like we missed chances but Richarlison could of had a hat trick on another day looking at the highlights, while I agree that both Newcastle and Everton are shit, any team struggling for there lives in the division would be on the attack in the last minute of a home game when only 1-0 down, unless it's like Man city or Liverpool against Burnley or something, we do seem to have a real lack of resilience, an I actually feel more confident when we go behind, as we have to attack then.

1 minute ago, Mythyaar said:

So disappointed by that!

Mendy was great first 35 minutes. By 60 mins he was mentally and physically shot to pieces.

Evans and Fofana, you could sense their utter frustration, started to move the ball out, bypass our whole midfield and even go looking for it in the box!

Game management is so substandard. I hate timewasting and Schmeichel was guilty from minute 35 onwards.

Playing ball back to Schmeichel constantly by Evans, Fofana, Mendy and Castagna - accident waiting to happen and so negative.

Everton were shockingly bad and there for the taking. The game was screaming out for Daka with his pace as he terrorised them.when he did come on belatedly.

Have what you hold rather than go for jugular seems to be Rodgers' Way of thinking, and it clearly isn't working.

He just didn't though, not that Iheanacho did much more. Crying out for a shake up of the front 3 next season. It gets played around at the back at a slow pace because we don't have enough technically and mentally adequate players across that front line to control a game higher up.

Daka, Barnes, Lookman, Iheanacho all lack decision making and some technical quality. Albrighton and Vardy don't have age on their side. It feels like we are technically substandard at times, and need this plodding speed in order to control the play.

As poor as Tielemans has been, I fear for life without him if we can't get a player that teams fear for their vision.

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not sure we 'bottled' sunday. I've rarely seen us so comfortable. Newcastle posed as close to zero threat as is possible in professional  football. 

I always felt tonight a crude aerial bombardment may cause us problems. So that was more predictable than bottling. 

It's actually quite an interesting case study. How a team can be soooo much better than the opposition but consistently fail to take advantage. I imagine uefa  coaching clinics could use these last two games as discussion pieces.

We dropped a bollock with the draw on sunday. We dropped the other bollock today.  Running around with a massive penis only now. Lol

I know we are more focused on the europe match and I appreciate that as well. To take 1 point from everton and newcastle is "criminal" IMO.  I suppose we are just being good ol Leicester. Peaks, valleys and all that jazz.

Think given the situation I would have been happy with 3 or 4 points. 

If we can get past the semis and win the final of europe conference league then i will be happy and slightly forgive.

The mentality has to change though!

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

But when he's central he isn't just dangerous, he's effective. It's there for all to see. His purple patch of goals and assists came from the middle. Until then he'd been having KDH drift wide and let Maddison do the damage in that 10 slot. He looks dangerous because he's on form and in that form he needs to be the man looking for the ball, not coming in off the wing.

When Tielemans leaves (hopefully not but likely) I think you will see Maddison play more centrally with KDH by his side. We still need a great right winger/midfielder though. 

8 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

We are clearly not a poor side. We are not far off the side we were last year with players back. We have a good manager but sometimes he has bad ideas. Fortunately he has

more good ones but it is frustrating. Last two games we should have been pushing hard to score and make the game safe rather than trying to batten down the hatches. We are better at the former and not the latter. 

I think we are a poor side. Completely over rated by some on here and the tin pot European cup has papered over a lot of cracks. We have been knocked out the FA Cup by Forest and knocked out of the europa league in the easiest group we could of wished for.  We can go on about injuries all we want but some of the football we have served up has been sub standard.  How many points have we chucked away because Rodgers cocks up the game management? Very frustrating. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Another terrible trait to have 

just like with the corners 

we now have to endure commentators reminding us that it’s nervous times for Leicester as it approaches injury time in every game 

More bad habits than Ed Sheeran :@