Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Just now, adam said:

I think we are a poor side. Completely over rated by some on here and the tin pot European cup has papered over a lot of cracks. We have been knocked out the FA Cup by Forest and knocked out of the europa league in the easiest group we could of wished for.  We can go on about injuries all we want but some of the football we have served up has been sub standard.  How many points have we chucked away because Rodgers cocks up the game management? Very frustrating. 

I get the frustration. We all feel that. We are not a poor side by any means. That is the frustration. We were the better team on Sunday and today by a fair margin and we should be higher up the table. 

• Like 1

0 points vs Newcastle - 1 point vs Everton that's just shameful.

For those who still don't get it, the Foxes are a mid-table club and not more.

And when I read here in FT that Soumare, the slowest player in the PL, is to replace Tielemans, everything has been said.

It's all very sad....  :beer:

2 minutes ago, adam said:

I think we are a poor side. Completely over rated by some on here and the tin pot European cup has papered over a lot of cracks. We have been knocked out the FA Cup by Forest and knocked out of the europa league in the easiest group we could of wished for.  We can go on about injuries all we want but some of the football we have served up has been sub standard.  How many points have we chucked away because Rodgers cocks up the game management? Very frustrating. 

if we were that poor we wouldn't even be in the positions to chuck games away to begin with

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, adam said:

Really ?

Rodgers is getting harder to defend week by week…

This was nearest to our best team selection. 
we had the game,even though the players stopped earning their money,by taking it easy.

Rodgers threw in his 10 pence worth, by pulling the wrong players & again doesn’t seem to know his squad,by bringing on really 2 wrong players…

Rodgers has to now take the blame for his squads chaotic mental aptitude & attitude in this PL EOS run in..

Again we played reasonably well in patches,but there is something in our phsyc, which doesn’t hold us back, but grabs hold & yanks us back..

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
6 minutes ago, Bert said:

If we’d have managed to win every game where we’d taken a lead we would be comfortably third lol 

But even realistically, if we just matched what we did last year we’d be hovering around 5th. 

Very Frustrating. Excellent first half hour then it became scrappy which is what suited Everton better. All too predictable ending unfortunately. We should have finished them when we were on top. Despite the one or two chances they had I didn’t feel under pressure, we just shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

we had the game,even though the players stopped earning their money,by taking it easy.

Rodgers threw in his 10 pence worth, by pulling the wrong players & again doesn’t seem to know his squad,by bringing on really 2 wrong players…

Rodgers has to now take the blame for his squads chaotic mental aptitude & attitude in this PL EOS run in..

Again we played reasonably well in patches,but there is something in our phsyc, which doesn’t hold us back, but grabs hold & yanks us back..

He is also wasting Maddison playing him on the right rather than central where he impacts the game so much more.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It's called achievemephobia. Snooker players sometimes see the winning line then bottle it. The team needs a shrink to sort out its woes. If not, some of us fans will need a shrink to sort out our woes! ,

Edited by String fellow

34 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Who was the deluded, fate-tempting smart Alec who confidently stated on here after PSV that the bottling days of this team could now be consigned to the past - or something like that? 

I for one never felt comfortable with us being ahead. Since the Spurs game - and long before that if I’m honest - I never do. I even thought Everton would get another one after the equaliser. And why is that? Because the manager and the players are - for want of a better word - bottlers. They shrink under pressure. There are no leaders or organisers on or off the pitch - just buck-passers and panic merchants.

And Tielemans was once again a f*****g liability. How he remained on the pitch for the full 90 was a dereliction of duty on Rodgers’ part.

We have thrown away five points in the last few days against two rubbish teams because of the weak and cowardly mentality that infests this team. It is simply not good enough. It has to change.

Even against Brentford and Palace It was not comfortable as we can't  put teams to the sword when on top and we let them back into it

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, adam said:

that's a phrase I expect to hear from the entitled dickheads at Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford. Fact is if it was still called the Cup Winners Cup not the Conference it would have a lot more kudos and many pundits have said in the past month how much it's come to life as a tournament. It's pretty shameful we have fans who see European silverware - at whatever level - as beneath them.

• Like 1

Just now, The mullet of Phil Gee said:

The problem with this squad is that many of them lack the spite and grit that’s needed when things get tough. They are simply too nice. I see spite and grit in KDH and Vardy but not in many of the others.We need to sign a few players who have these qualities and who welcome a battle. 

Very true. I do see that in evans and fofana though and maybe ndidi. 
Slightly diverging KDH turns up all over the pitch. A bit of a throwback to the Bryan Robson types of yesteryear. If he limits his range and continues to develop his attacking side and shooting as he has started to do of late is he not starting to resemble a non ginger Leicester version of KDB.