Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I just want the season to end now. Need a break from it!

Why is it we’ve come to this conclusion three seasons running? This is supposed to be fun. This manager has me enjoying every break from the season because of the stress that comes with this team. I’m beyond calling them mentally weak. 

Just got home after endless road closures and diversions. The players looked p###ed off as they left the field, not as much as we were on the terraces. Should have been out of sight by the time they scored. I had a bad feeling the longer the game went on, we can’t defend a one goal less no matter how poor the opposition are and Everton were really poor. We sang all game. We deserve better.

• Like 1

Was just a ****ing naff 70 minutes of football.

Went from taking the piss of a team managed by someone with no idea what they’re doing for the first 20 minutes to showing no urgency. 

Players need to start taking some accountability. Vardy & Ndidi are 2 of our best 4 or 5 outfield players but we should have enough to beat this type of team. 

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

No it's like it's the third Euro tournament, exactly what the CWC was and for that matter I guess you don't want to be ever involved in the Europa League either which is 50% teams who failed to win a league and then failed in the UCL. I couldn't give two shits what Tottenham did with their fixture. They're hardly a role model for conducting your business after all that Super League bollocks last season. If we weren't in it, we'd want to be in it because being involved in European competition is th hallmark osuccessful sides. I've had Geordies, Evertonians and Villa fans all say the same to me on socials this season - they'd rather be in it than sitting watching other sides do well. Fact is the sides that have "already failed" in the Conference Cup are far better teams (based on history and UEFA rankings) than the dirge left in the Europa. It's not a terrible competition. It's exactly the same competition as the Europa at this stage with a slightly different cup. Play it down all you like but we've filled the ground for every round so far and I hope you don't prevent someone who actually wants to see us win something from getting a seat for the final if we get there.

Genuinely disturbed we have people in our fan base with such a high & mighty entitled attitude, as if winning stuff is below us because we once won a league and anything else isn't proper football.

Calm down mate. Its just my opinion. I'm gonna get a ticket for the semis just to irritate you! 

The joy we must give opposition fans. At least with Norwich & Watford they're just shit and you expect to beat them. We deliver teams points in the most joyous ways. Delight and ecstasy on the back of our spinelessness. It's just sickening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think Roma is the end of the road. People blaming the level of individuals on the pitch at Newcastle but what's the excuse tonight? Against an absolutely garbage Everton side.

Bangs on about control while we serve as a charity for points and concede in injury time in about half of our games.

Absolute rubbish.

Funny thing is, he bangs on about control…. But how often do we just needlessly throw possession away in a game? Our possession football is too slow and too lethargic, and it’s no good when you’re playing against teams getting in your face. Brendan simply is not learning his lesson. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Funny thing is, he bangs on about control…. But how often do we just needlessly throw possession away in a game? Our possession football is too slow and too lethargic, and it’s no good when you’re playing against teams getting in your face. Brendan simply is not learning his lesson. 

It's just meaningless drivel to deflect from the fact we're not very good.

5 hours ago, KFS said:

Why is it we’ve come to this conclusion three seasons running? This is supposed to be fun. This manager has me enjoying every break from the season because of the stress that comes with this team. I’m beyond calling them mentally weak. 

Three seasons when we’ve finished 5th, 5th and currently 9th. If you looked at us from afar you’d say ‘wow, happy days for Leicester fans’. Perhaps some of us need to redefine our relationship with football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

The mentality nust have some roots in the panicky desire to make very late defensive changes 

These substitutions transmit fear to the players.  Every season now we see a collapse in april and may where we concede late goals.  It's the Rodgers way.

Edited by foxinsocks

I’m not sure it is as bad as people are making out. Yes it’s annoying not to beat a side that poor on paper but after the first 20 minutes Everton defended pretty well, created the better chances and deserved something from the game. A point away from home is never a bad thing in the premier league especially at this point of the season where the opposition are fighting for something while we have little motivation. 

It’s annoying to concede late but it’s not the end of the world if you look at it more subjectively.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not sure it is as bad as people are making out. Yes it’s annoying not to beat a side that poor on paper but after the first 20 minutes Everton defended pretty well, created the better chances and deserved something from the game. A point away from home is never a bad thing in the premier league especially at this point of the season where the opposition are fighting for something while we have little motivation. 

It’s annoying to concede late but it’s not the end of the world if you look at it more subjectively.

But we concede late every week.  I am not over the spurs result yet!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

No it's like it's the third Euro tournament, exactly what the CWC was and for that matter I guess you don't want to be ever involved in the Europa League either which is 50% teams who failed to win a league and then failed in the UCL. I couldn't give two shits what Tottenham did with their fixture. They're hardly a role model for conducting your business after all that Super League bollocks last season. If we weren't in it, we'd want to be in it because being involved in European competition is th hallmark osuccessful sides. I've had Geordies, Evertonians and Villa fans all say the same to me on socials this season - they'd rather be in it than sitting watching other sides do well. Fact is the sides that have "already failed" in the Conference Cup are far better teams (based on history and UEFA rankings) than the dirge left in the Europa. It's not a terrible competition. It's exactly the same competition as the Europa at this stage with a slightly different cup. Play it down all you like but we've filled the ground for every round so far and I hope you don't prevent someone who actually wants to see us win something from getting a seat for the final if we get there.

Genuinely disturbed we have people in our fan base with such a high & mighty entitled attitude, as if winning stuff is below us because we once won a league and anything else isn't proper football.

Not sure how Conference can be superior to Europa League when half the teams in it failed to qualify for the knockout stages of the EL ! And the rest weren’t good enough to qualify for EL in its own right from last season’s league finish. That seems to turn logic completely on its head. Let’s not forget BR had no idea about the competition when we “qualified” for it. 

It’s been a welcome boost but while others have been talking about us being favourites and booking our flights to Tirana - I’ve been saying it’s a very risky way to save and prioritise a season. Beating Roma over two legs would be a real achievement and beating either  Marseilles or Feyenoord in a one off game in the last knockings of the season, similar. Doing both would be a major triumph ..but you cannot deny that unlike the UEFA Cup and CWC - we “qualified” to play in this competition through failure in the EL and not via any positive achievement….