Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It's all about mentality.

Not only the lack of mental strength to see ourselves through high pressure moments, but also the lack of drive to put a team to the sword when we are on top.

It's almost as if it takes so much effort for the players to play with the desired intensity that once we go ahead it just kills it. It's then up to Rodgers to try and inject some semblance of attacking threat back into the team, but instead he so often resorts to negative tactical changes and subs.

I was talking to an Everton fan earlier and he couldn't believe we didn't try and force a second and put the game to bed. They were there for the taking.

I think ultimately the players are scared to give the ball away because of Rodger's obsession with control. That's all fine when our passing is quick and accurate, but when it's not no one is brave enough to be direct or take a more risky pass in case it results in losing possession. Rodgers needs to let players like Barnes in particular express himself rather than drilling any directness out of him like he is doing currently.

At least Gray didn't score against us

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I understand completely why rodgers brought Dan on for papy last night. They were going route 1 and would undoubtedly have crosses and long throws into our box last ten mins …..

dan is a much better option for that than papy. However, this does give away one of our main protagonists for holding onto possession in tight spaces ….. we should still have been capable of seeing time out but we panicked yet again. It isn’t fair to criticise rodgers for Timmy losing his bearings or Evans steaming out to the corner flag when he should be holding the edge of the box waiting for Timmy to recover the space. 

many have questioned that we didn’t push on for the second ….. we made openings but apart from madders’ deflected shot, we failed to make chances from those openings. To me, that is what cost us ……  having good possession high up the pitch with the opposition defence exposed and we don’t even create a chance ! 

Brendan nearly always seem to respond to late pressure from opponents by going into a back three and inviting even more pressure. Would like to see him use a different defensive shape and strategy by stopping the crosses and long throws in the first place. Can't imagine it would be any less effective than the shambles we keep witnessing.

51 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Brendan nearly always seem to respond to late pressure from opponents by going into a back three and inviting even more pressure. Would like to see him use a different defensive shape and strategy by stopping the crosses and long throws in the first place. Can't imagine it would be any less effective than the shambles we keep witnessing.

Last night wasn’t a back three as far as I could tell - amartey went into mendy’s position and we theoretically had the added height for set plays. We gave away some control of the play by changing someone comfortable on the ball for someone who isn’t but Everton would surely have had enough play to pump balls into our box whatever we did.   In the end, it was a hopeful punt down the line which was awfully defended that caught us out …..

11 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I am amazed at how deluded this fanbase is nowadays.

- We were dominate for 90% of the match, started brightly with a well constructed goal at 5 min

- Could of been 0-4 if we were a little luckier

- Playing decent positive football, the passing from the def- att line was slick and precise, looked dangerous and made Everton look embarrasing at times

- Looked hungry! especially after a average season and now with nothing to reallyto play for in PL they are still working their ass off, what more do you want!!!!! a win ofc but thats football.

How can you be so negative.. seriously please discover some perspective you miserable entitled plebs #shambles #thisfanbase

k thanks

Everton are embarassing, their manager is a clown and half the team are shocking players at this level. 

Passing the ball along your backline isn't dominating the game.

We rarely play decent positive football. 

I genuinely don't recall 4 clear cut chances before Richarlison missed an open goal. 

Looked hungry? I think you're watching a different game.

We have a very capable team as displayed by the first 10-15 mins yesterday. All of a sudden a little switch turns and we go into conservative mode. It's awful and continues to cost us. I read we've dropped 29 pts from winning positions? lol

I wish you had some perspective yourself, because you seem to think we've got a bunch of also rans and lower league players being managed by some god of football. We've got a lot of fans that can't comprehend the position that the club is in and it's frightening.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Everton are embarassing, their manager is a clown and half the team are shocking players at this level. 

Passing the ball along your backline isn't dominating the game.

We rarely play decent positive football. 

I genuinely don't recall 4 clear cut chances before Richarlison missed an open goal. 

Looked hungry? I think you're watching a different game.

We have a very capable team as displayed by the first 10-15 mins yesterday. All of a sudden a little switch turns and we go into conservative mode. It's awful and continues to cost us. I read we've dropped 29 pts from winning positions? lol

I wish you had some perspective yourself, because you seem to think we've got a bunch of also rans and lower league players being managed by some god of football. We've got a lot of fans that can't comprehend the position that the club is in and it's frightening.

delusional.

Just seen the highlights and it seemed an even game in terms of chances. Their goal was fortunate as it ran well for them and I wouldn't call that bottling. Bringing on Amarty into midfield made sense given they were chucking high balls in in desperation. Always disappointing to lose a goal so late but a draw seemed fair to me. 

Edited by Long Eaton Fox
  • Like 3

Just now, Long Eaton Fox said:

Just seen the highlights and it seemed an even game in terms of chances. Their goal was fortunate as it ran well for them and wouldn't call that bottling. Bringing on Amarty into midfield made sense given they were chucking high balls in in desperation. Always disappointing to lose a goal so late but a draw seemed fair to me. 

Some of our passing in the last two games (albeit against pretty woeful opposition) has been wonderful-to-watch - it really has!! Which is why it is massively frustrating that we've managed to get just one point out of the six available. Proves that, yes, passing and posession are important but other basics (scoring, defending, tackling, effort, strength, commitment, battling-to-the-end) are paramount to achieving success!

.....and we don't have those qualities!

5 hours ago, l444ry said:

...like most things in the Rodgers book of football management there is a tendency for his strategy not to work!!!

But instead of trying to find another way, he continues to do the same thing over and over again.  Is he hoping that the players will finally get to grips with what he is trying to achieve or does he not have an alternative answer to the ongoing problem. 

I get the impression that there is little input from anyone in his backroom or that he is reluctant to take new ideas on board.

The goal scored against Newcastle was obviously a planned move devised at the training ground, Rodgers reaction and high fiving his number 2, gave the impression that it was not devised by Rodgers and ideas are available which can be implemented, it just takes him too long to admit he hasn't got the answer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Not sure how Conference can be superior to Europa League when half the teams in it failed to qualify for the knockout stages of the EL ! And the rest weren’t good enough to qualify for EL in its own right from last season’s league finish. That seems to turn logic completely on its head. Let’s not forget BR had no idea about the competition when we “qualified” for it. 

It’s been a welcome boost but while others have been talking about us being favourites and booking our flights to Tirana - I’ve been saying it’s a very risky way to save and prioritise a season. Beating Roma over two legs would be a real achievement and beating either  Marseilles or Feyenoord in a one off game in the last knockings of the season, similar. Doing both would be a major triumph ..but you cannot deny that unlike the UEFA Cup and CWC - we “qualified” to play in this competition through failure in the EL and not via any positive achievement….

I'm talking about the sides left in it being superior rather than the tournament itself. Roma, Marseille and Feyenoord are higher in the UEFA rankings than Rangers, Leipzig and Frankfurt and it can't be denied they';re bigger names than what's left in the supposedly higher competition. The dropout to a lower competition thing has been a bone of contention for a while now with the UCL and Europa arrangement designed to keep top teams in a turnament even if they fail but that's the nature of it. However you get into it, it's the third competition. May as well argue that Forest or Villa weren't proper European Champions because they only played 7 games to win the thing or that sides like Anderlecht were lower class opponents. You can only win what you're in and beat what's in front of you.

8 hours ago, Simoken said:

I am amazed at how deluded this fanbase is nowadays.

- We were dominate for 90% of the match, started brightly with a well constructed goal at 5 min

- Could of been 0-4 if we were a little luckier

- Playing decent positive football, the passing from the def- att line was slick and precise, looked dangerous and made Everton look embarrasing at times

- Looked hungry! especially after a average season and now with nothing to reallyto play for in PL they are still working their ass off, what more do you want!!!!! a win ofc but thats football.

How can you be so negative.. seriously please discover some perspective you miserable entitled plebs #shambles #thisfanbase

k thanks

When is the next sermon and stating of the obvious? I can hook you up with some other very-obvious-truth-sayers if you're looking to sort out some sort of public service for the clinically idiotic?

Or you could perhaps use that excellent mind of yours to think about..... no hang out... analyse the possibility of verisimilitude and truth in the statement that...... (whisper it quietly).... other people can think for themselves??!!??

Also... as a gatekeeper. Poor effort. 3/10. If you want to know better, DM me and I'll tell you who to talk to. If I utter his name here he will have me banned for being too interesting.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ricey said:

It's all about mentality.

Not only the lack of mental strength to see ourselves through high pressure moments, but also the lack of drive to put a team to the sword when we are on top.

It's almost as if it takes so much effort for the players to play with the desired intensity that once we go ahead it just kills it. It's then up to Rodgers to try and inject some semblance of attacking threat back into the team, but instead he so often resorts to negative tactical changes and subs.

I was talking to an Everton fan earlier and he couldn't believe we didn't try and force a second and put the game to bed. They were there for the taking.

I think ultimately the players are scared to give the ball away because of Rodger's obsession with control. That's all fine when our passing is quick and accurate, but when it's not no one is brave enough to be direct or take a more risky pass in case it results in losing possession. Rodgers needs to let players like Barnes in particular express himself rather than drilling any directness out of him like he is doing currently.

Exactly. Couldn’t have said it better.

6 hours ago, iancognito said:

I'm talking about the sides left in it being superior rather than the tournament itself. Roma, Marseille and Feyenoord are higher in the UEFA rankings than Rangers, Leipzig and Frankfurt and it can't be denied they';re bigger names than what's left in the supposedly higher competition. The dropout to a lower competition thing has been a bone of contention for a while now with the UCL and Europa arrangement designed to keep top teams in a turnament even if they fail but that's the nature of it. However you get into it, it's the third competition. May as well argue that Forest or Villa weren't proper European Champions because they only played 7 games to win the thing or that sides like Anderlecht were lower class opponents. You can only win what you're in and beat what's in front of you.

Well I suppose if you put “rankings” and “bigger names” above actual performance and actual results you’re liable to draw that conclusion. As I said, we face some stern opposition to win the Conference, the kind of opposition we have regularly underestimated in our last two seasons in the EL.

But it doesn’t change the fact that we only “qualified” for the competition by making a Horlicks of The EL group stage. We won two out of six games. We lost to the team that finished bottom of our group. We gave up a 2-0 lead to Napoli at home. Away, we were 2-0 down after 25 minutes, fought back to 2-2, only to concede again and lose all three points. In topping the group, Spartak scored only 10 goals - 4 of them against us. Villa and Forest won the League to qualify for the European Cup. They then won all their games (on aggregate) to win the European Cup. There simply is no comparison.

I stand by my original point, We should rightly be delighted to win a European trophy - if that’s what we manage. We have already beaten some good teams (Rennes, PSV) and we will need to beat two more to do so. But a balanced view must concede that even if we do win it, we will have done so because of UEFAs determination to help “big names” from the “big leagues” to stay in their competitions no matter how poorly they have performed. And whether we should be focussing on winning three one-off games at the expense of securing our highest possible league position is at the very least, debatable.

12 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

When is the next sermon and stating of the obvious? I can hook you up with some other very-obvious-truth-sayers if you're looking to sort out some sort of public service for the clinically idiotic?

Or you could perhaps use that excellent mind of yours to think about..... no hang out... analyse the possibility of verisimilitude and truth in the statement that...... (whisper it quietly).... other people can think for themselves??!!??

Also... as a gatekeeper. Poor effort. 3/10. If you want to know better, DM me and I'll tell you who to talk to. If I utter his name here he will have me banned for being too interesting.

I gave up reading half way, when i realised how strangely 'delusional' you are. Sorry to trigger you though, no hard feelings.. Im just saying what a majority were thinking at the time. Have a wonderful day.

Edited by Simoken