Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

29 points thrown away from winning positions. 29.

That's almost enough to keep a team up. 

29 points puts us 3rd, 15 puts us 5/6th. 

Absolutely no spine to this team whatsoever. 

This summer we need a clear out, bring in those who want to fight to win. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The striker options after Vardy have not worked out. The team also lacks grit in certain positions and Tielemans is gased. This one is on the manager who kept him out there when he had nothing in the first half - and shouldn't have played today to begin with. 

• Like 1

We do some amazing passages of play but without Vardy we are completely toothless up front, and this knack of throwing the game away in the last minute is really starting to get annoying.

The fact it happens with such regularity means it has to come from the manager. 

Guest Col city fan

I genuinely had no real idea just how bad Everton were!

They are such a poor side

That should have been wrapped up ages ago

I’m afraid yet again though I’m going to say it.. Dan Amartey IS NOT the player to bring on with ten minutes left. He gives his team mates zero confidence 

But I don’t blame Dan tonight, I blame Rodgers for making the ridiculous substitution 

And our attacking players should have killed the game off anyway 

Edited by Col city fan

This is a repeating issue and piss poor management from Brendan. Why don't we go for it when we lead against inferior opposition? They were there for the taking and we coughed up the points once again. We are a joke of a side sometimes. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Just don't have enough attacking players on the pitch.

1 forward, 1 winger and AMC out of position.

Good teams kill teams off.

Newcastle and Everton were there for the taking!

He will never ever look to kill a game off. He’s too negative, he’d rather ‘play it safe’ which actually is more risky for this team. 

• Like 1

Wow that was bad, really grating on me why we keep conceding late on, I just knew it was going to happen as did most of us I presume, something needs to change. We should have had at least 4 points from the last 2 games yet we end up with 1!!! Against Newcastle and Everton 😭 im just glad we are already safe.

Had so many chances to put that game to bed, frustrating.

Cannot keep conceding late goals as our mentality going in to the Roma games (a team renown for late goals) will be horrible.

Why is Tielemans still on the pitch at the end of games? We make subs that seem to have no impact on helping see out results. Nearly every set piece we were 2nd best to in the closing stages.

Plus points are that Daka looked better, KDH and Maddison were excellent and the defence individually were all good but we just cannot keep a clean sheet and yet we've our best players back.