Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Rarely seen us dominate a team like we did that first 15 minutes but that we couldn’t get a second to kill them off says a lot.

And then to top it off Brendan makes a horrendous change (Amartey for Mendy) that basically says “yeah we’re just going to sit in and take this aerial bombardment and sacrifice someone in the middle of the park that can keep the ball ticking over”.

Could see the equaliser coming a mile off. The only surprise was that it didn’t come from an Everton player’s head.

I mean, I'm pretty sure 90% of people knew that was happening after about the 20th minute.

We must be borderline getting investigated for match fixing its that bad.

Nevermind, on to Villa. One step closer to this season finishing thankfully!

• Like 1

We need to go in to the semi final off the back of good form not two games where we should have won but didn’t. Villa will be buzzing to play our B team on Sunday. There is no problem with our squads talent. We’ve got talent in abundance. But we’ve got no ****ing balls. I’m sick and tired of watching us throw away games where it is inconceivable that we could possibly lose. That’s not 27 points thrown away from a winning position. Tonight may be the worst of the lot. Everton were utterly horrendous tonight. They’re a poo stain of a football club with an average side and we dominated them and still managed to throw it away. I’m rattled. 

Enough is enough! This is absolutely pathetic. Yes Rodgers is the "mastermind" of throwing games at every given opportunity but supposedly highly paid pros have a brain - or maybe not it doesn´t seem so and it must be f..... embarassing for them to repeat the same mistakes time and time again. Roma are going to stuff us big time.

Just gives me a wry smile when we concede last minute now, you are surprised if we see it out. 

Been playing football tonight so not followed any of the game, sat in my car to check my phone and immediately see "goal. Everton" lol 

Such a wasted season full of avoidable moments. Be it set pieces goals or points thrown away at the end. Despite being pretty rubbish we'd be up there challenging if we could have survived a minute or two more a few times. 

• Like 1

Knew we’d blow it as soon as I saw Amartey coming on to sure up the game.

People hadn’t seen a proper defender all season so we’re bizarrely tricked into thinking he was half decent while we were conceding 3 goals a game and no one had any confidence with him.

He’s not a Premier League level player 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Mendy off for Amartey has got to be one of the weirdest subs ever. 

If you want to swap him out for a CDM, bring on Hamza. If you want to swap him out for a CB, bring on the more in-form Soyuncu. 

Amartey literally breeds panic in this team, just what you need for the final 5 minutes defending a slender lead. 

Game Management ©

The sub was Perez or Albrighton on to the defend the right side, KDH back next to Tielemans which worked against PSV, and Maddison central which if he'd been there earlier in the match we wouldn't have been hanging on. But no, that's too obvious and it clearly needed some overthinking like lets put a player in midfield who hasn't played there for at least three years. But really, he wasn't there for that. It was to go to a back five once that braindead sub did nothing but encourage Everton onto us. That takes top place in Rodgers disasters.