Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Funny how we pass it around for 90% of the game with some ease, but as soon as stoppage time approaches we just absolutely shit ourselves lol

All we had to do was keep the ball. The game management of this side is terrible. The resolve to battle and keep the ball out of danger is just not there. 

the last 5 minutes and corners our players go into a black hole... this is a issue now rooted in the squad mentally. 

• Like 1

What percentage do you give us beating Roma? I honestly think I'm looking at 30%. We are just not good enough for long enough periods. Rubbish at game management, rubbish at keeping the ball up top of we are seeing the game out and will schooled by the European experience. 

Really big summer. Need to find a new identity because I really don't think we've had one this season. 

Too much time spent trying to "control" the game once we went 1-0 up. Fans were oleing on 15 minutes when the game was there to be killed off in that spell where Everton were absolutely rocking and the crowd on the edge of a mutiny.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

How many times have we put extra defender on to close games and concede this season..

Because it invites pressure on every ****er can see that apart from rodgers attack them get a second and kill it awful awful awful tactics once again from rodgers 

Sean Dyche about 3 weeks ago said that “Everton don’t know how to win.”

Do opposing managers say (about us) - “Leicester don’t know how to play football after 90 minutes”???

How many times….all this does is re-open my Spurs nightmare and get very anti Rodgers.

The first 10 minutes we were incredible, our football was about the best I’ve ever seen, everyone was in the correct place all the time to receive the pass and we were just carving them open.

But as soon as Everton got any momentum we just went back into our shell. It’s been the same all season. As soon as the other team start playing better, and the home fans back them up, we absolutely crumble. And I don’t think there’s anything anyone can say to fix it, we just have to eventually start grinding out these results to change our mindset.

Guest Col city fan

I genuinely thought we played pretty well tonight against a team fighting for their lives and a hostile crowd full of horrible scousers 

But tbf Everton are a dreadful team and we should have had the bollox to just go for the kill. At 0-2 they’d have given up

God knows why Rodgers brought Amartey on for Mendy, other than to win aerial balls I suppose 

Another bizarre game where we shone in patches but again didn’t have the minerals to finish the opposition off

I also get the feeling that the players aren’t motivated enough to win PL games. It’s now all about Europe. That’s not a good attitude. If we **** that up then we could end up finishing bottom half with no trophies. 

When will they learn? 

Basic tactic is to run the ball into the opposition corner and keep it there as long as possible. 

Failing that any chance you get try to keep the ball in the opposite half or knock the ball out of play up the field. 

Anything to stop them from attacking us. 

Surely Brendan and the players should know this. 🤔

1 minute ago, lcfcdamo said:

Because it invites pressure on every ****er can see that apart from rodgers attack them get a second and kill it awful awful awful tactics once again from rodgers 

What are you proposing we actually do tho? We were awful going forwards, could barely play 5 passes before messing up. They were already going long by the time amartey came on. It wasn’t a bad sub to make and wasn’t the reason we conceded either. 

We absolutely bossed that match. Everton were shocking. We missed chance after chance, wasted final passes. Played some lovely stuff then started to panic, foul. Give dead ball opportunities to play to Everton’s only strength of putting it in the mixer. Taking the excellent Mendy off for Amartey was a negative move and the ending was inevitable for a team that isn’t clinical when finishing and hasn’t got the bottle when it gets to squeaky bum time. Bottled it. Again. 

Please, I ****ing beg Brendan, please tell me WHY we leave Tielemans on the pitch while subbing off our sole fit DM who isnt even registered in Europe 

Also Vards needs to come back soon or we'll be in trouble... Kele and Pats have done **** all this game. The one time Kele needed to be composed, he lets the ball bounce off him like a springboard, its like we're playing with 10 men.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s the mental side of it as well. We need to find a way to see games out. Teams know they can put us under pressure late on and we’ll be fearing the worst. 

That’s the bizarre thing - they can do it. They did at Rennes. They showed a belief at PSV as well. 

That’s why I believe it’s a combo of the two. Rodgers concedes the possession by putting defenders on. The players just make idiot decisions 

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Stoppage time alone:

Spurs x2

West Ham

Liverpool (League Cup)

Newcastle 

Everton

That’s without mentioning blowing 2 goal leads against Palace and Napoli

I love when some one says that’s without mentioning and then mentions it. 

• Haha 1