Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 1-1 Everton (A) Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Meh. I've tried typing 3 different reactions but the truth is I don't know what to think. Players playing awfully for 90 minutes twice a week, or running themselves into the ground for 90 minutes twice a week. Others, playing well, get subbed early when seemingly they have fuel in the tank and at least some grip of the game.

Time and time again, the subs made do nothing and just look lost when coming on.

Trying to think of the last time we looked comfortable in a league game and killed it off.

He won't go, obviously. But he can for me, especially if we go out in the ECL.

There is not a chance in hell that we are going to bother Roma. So we are going out of the ECL! We are spineless, passive and defensively minded so up against Little Mo and his battle hardened Roma will be a no go.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We did miss a good 4 chances, they didn't have a shot on target until the 70th+ minute 

Yes but still had better chances than us. Richarlison missed two he should have scored. There was Gray's shot that went just wide. Schmeichel had to make a couple of decent saves as well from Richarlison and Mina.

Just now, Dusty said:

What are you proposing we actually do tho? We were awful going forwards, could barely play 5 passes before messing up. They were already going long by the time amartey came on. It wasn’t a bad sub to make and wasn’t the reason we conceded either. 

Let them have their rant mate, they don't want to hear sense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

Played some lovely passing football at times, especially first half, but they always looked more dangerous in attack than we did.

Just not enough chances created from that great passing build-up play.

We’re just missing a couple of quality players we can’t rely on Vardy to keep us in games we need to either concentrate on DAKA get him up to speed or bring I. Someone with an eye for goal, can’t see Mitrovich scoring 40 in the Premier League but someone with his movements eye for goal would be amazing unfortunately can’t see it being Nacho but we need to find a Goal Scoring Demon from somewhere !

3 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

I was worried before the game that Everton might be up for it and cause us problems. 

They may have been up for it, but they're shit and its a sad state of affairs we weren't brave enough to go for the jugular.

I agree with earlier comments - yes Rodgers is a good manager, but this mental fragility and lack of nous to see out/dominate games comes from him.

I still can't understand why every fan watching can see Youri is firstly out of form, but secondly looking tired at the start of games, let alone 70 mins in and we never rest him/take him off.

What are the sports scientists doing or is Brendan ignoring them?

Also congrats to Yerry Mina for his effort tonight; I thought it would be impossible for anyone playing to get near to Richarlison levels of tosser but he gave it a go,

All good points. I'm worried about the Youri thing. It appears Rodgers always makes the final decision and often the wrong decision. He's literally running the lad into the ground. 

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I also get the feeling that the players aren’t motivated enough to win PL games. It’s now all about Europe. That’s not a good attitude. If we **** that up then we could end up finishing bottom half with no trophies. 

Let's not kid ourselves. The European Conference League is the equivalent of the Championship

The answer is not to to defend the box with extra defenders. It's stoping the ball getting into the box. Surely makes some ****ing sense. I know it's hypothetical with the teams they have but how often do Klopp and Pep chuck an extra central defender on when they are seeing a game out. Yes they have better than Perez and Albrighton but still. Get some energy in the wide areas to stop crosses etc. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The absolute worst part is that we all KNEW that would happen. Dispite the fact that they were absolutely diabolical, we just knew that our lack of character would cost us for the millionth time this season.

I'm ****ing fuming. Thrown yet another game away.

Its the managers job to build that character.

The Sky commentators hit the nail on the head with that PE teacher we carry Chris Davies after he was rejoicing a set piece success with his notepad. "Surely he is the same guy organising the defensive set plays" as Newcastle scrambled home the equaliser. 

We have improved nil in that area. 

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

Yes but still had better chances than us. Richarlison missed two he should have scored. There was Gray's shot that went just wide. Schmeichel had to make a couple of decent saves as well from Richarlison and Mina.

It should have been 2-0 before those chances even occurred.

Wow those stats listed like that is shocking! That should be printed out onto a poster and pinned to roger’s door in the changing room. Every game we go into that should be in the back of every players mind of what will happen come extra time. There should be some sort of severe punishment if it happens again. Let’s see if that works

• Like 1

Choudhury for me could do no worse than Tielemans at the moment and he certainly doesn't lack aggression. We bring Armarty on presumably for height in the box but, if you stop the ball getting pumped in there in the first place you stop the problem. Taking a midfielder off and putting Armarty on essentially surrenders the ball and just hopes you can weather the storm and we know what we're like at doing that at the moment. Rodgers does it time and time again.

• Like 2