Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

I do massively worry for next season. This dull, possession based style of play that Rodgers has now successfully brainwashed our players with is not returning the results at all. 

We are almost accepting it at the minute "to be ready for the Europa games". 

But what about next season when we don't have Europe to distract us from poor league form? Its going to be a very depressing place.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I mean I wasn't referring to just Youri, the others mentioned come in and out of the side don't they. I'm not saying he isn't focusing on Europe by the way but just if we're doing that, then why not rest some others who have been playing every game. Especially when the performance today was passive.

well like I said, we can’t put out an u23 squad can we.. some players are young and can cope  with a Saturday to Thursday game, others are older and cant. Others like Riccy P, Evans and Vardy and even Barnes you could say have recently had long term injury problems so it makes sense to play them in the games the manager deems important.  He’s obviously been given the target of winning the Europa conference cup/ league thingy.

Well Tielemans has played every game and is plain shite and getting worse.

Barnes is a bag of spanners at present so Lookman should be ahead of him.

Riccardo or castagne, it's immaterial. 

But I am glad to hear Rogers is concentrating his efforts on managing Evans injury issues, it's clearly far more important than mismanaging a football club

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Biggest positive of the day was the return of Jamie Vardy. Too many players just treading water and not putting a proper shift in. No wonder we are where we are.

He will feed on scraps... how can he get the ball if possession is the objective?

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Wonder who'll be to blame for that today. 

Certainly won't be Rodgers. 

The last three games should have been nine points and us looking at the league seriously. What a terrible mentality to not have taken more on this run of easy games. 

I think it will be, almost certainly, the inexperienced Youngsters in the squads fault, righto ok then...

All 3 of those teams we played, were there for the taking, our inability to score in the final third is a worry, 2 points from 9 awful return, but better than none I suppose.

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If we win the ECL then this whole PL season will never get mentioned again 

Ranieri won us the League let's get him back? 

The he's won us this and that doesn't give him the right to turn us to shit and have free reign over the club. We have turned to dog muck and he doesn't have a clue as what to do. Same shit different day. 

Time to go. 

• Haha 1

Whilst  I  am normally  not very critical I couldnt  believe the match report  I  thought it was the only home game where both teams were rubbish Villa had lost their last 5 and were  determined  at all costs not to lose again. First half  we had  70% possession  resulting in i shot on target one off.  A

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

well like I said, we can’t put out an u23 squad can we.. some players are young and can cope  with a Saturday to Thursday game, others are older and cant. Others like Riccy P, Evans and Vardy and even Barnes you could say have recently had long term injury problems so it makes sense to play them in the games the manager deems important.  He’s obviously been given the target of winning the Europa conference cup/ league thingy.

Yeh,but can one plan to play or give out these consistent lame performances..

One can excuse any turn of the result expectations, but not our performances..

And what the players give…

I will still stick to Rodgers, & the players…but next season they owe us big for

PL tactics & performances..Even if they bring home a Euro-final..!!

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Yeh,but can one plan to play or give out these consistent lame performances..

One can excuse any turn of the result expectations, but not our performances..

And what the players give…

I will still stick to Rodgers, & the players…but next season they owe us big for

PL tactics & performances..Even if they bring home a Euro-final..!!

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t support Rodgers or understand why we get such inept performances,  but I’m just explaining what I think is going on.  Players should always give 100%.. but If Rodgers gets the clear out he wants in the summer and he’s bringing in 3-4 starters then he’s all out of excuses I reckon… 

44 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I do massively worry for next season. This dull, possession based style of play that Rodgers has now successfully brainwashed our players with is not returning the results at all. 

We are almost accepting it at the minute "to be ready for the Europa games". 

But what about next season when we don't have Europe to distract us from poor league form? Its going to be a very depressing place.

Give next season a miss then, go to the cinema instead, then you you wont get depressed

42 minutes ago, MPH said:

We wouldn't need to put out an under 23s side to rest a couple more

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Rubbish and stupid comment. Please explain.

Thanks for such a balanced comment :thumbup:.

Because we have played 3 poor teams on the spin and shown almost no ambition, going ahead in 2 of those and then being completely content to sit back and have no interest in putting the game to bed. And the manager has spoken in glowing terms about the performances and the way we've played. He loves possession above all else and has a track record of praising similar performances.

The last few games haven't just been about individuals playing beneath themselves but a deliberate way to approach the game. He doesn't have to throw the team under the bus but do you not think that he would say we haven't quite been at it, or needed to do more in the games, because he's done that in the past? He's genuinely pleased with what he's seeing.