Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

LCFC V Villa Post Match

20 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Anyone catch the fighting in town outside Revs/Kings Head after the game? Was absolute carnage. Bottles, glasses, chairs, the lot. Was mad.

Yes I was unfortunately in the Kings head. There’s a real unsavoury lot who head there after the game, without sounding like Mother Teresa. 

14 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yes I was unfortunately in the Kings head. There’s a real unsavoury lot who head there after the game, without sounding like Mother Teresa. 

Yeah same here, we were on the balcony. Not good scenes at all!

The guy who sat next to me was p*ssed as a newt! 

Half time he staggered down for more booze!  Second half, his mate  carried him up the stairs and got him to his seat. He then fell asleep for the rest of the match. 

To be honest he didn't miss anything of note. :tumbleweed:

At least he didn't fart! They really stink when he does! :cry:

Edited by demon_dog
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

The guy who sat next to me was p*ssed as a newt! 

Half time he staggered down for more booze!  Second half, his mate  carried him up the stairs and got him to his seat. He then fell asleep for the rest of the match. 

To be honest he didn't miss anything of note. :tumbleweed:

At least he didn't fart! They really stink when he does! :cry:

This literally made me decide to not renew my season ticket

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

In the 11 days since Villa played their last game Leicester had played 4 games, now I’m no sports scientist or analytics expert but I’m sure that would have had a bearing on why we looked so sluggish against them no?

The amount of ignorance towards this is staggering. But not really a suprise.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

In the 11 days since Villa played their last game Leicester had played 4 games, now I’m no sports scientist or analytics expert but I’m sure that would have had a bearing on why we looked so sluggish against them no?

And one of those 4 was a certain away match in Eindhoven. Then consider how poor and negative Villa were in comparison, without having to resort to any game management.

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

Given the importance of Thursday's match, I fail to understand why KDH wasn't rested.  His energetic play has become pivotal to our game.  The last thing we want on Thursday is for him to be jaded or not be able to last the 90.

Five days for KDH to recover and it’s better to keep match fit. Five days to recover and he is young and one of the fittest in the league apparently. He averages 12 km a match which is the highest in the league quoted yesterday. Some players need game time to keep sharp. Really glad he rested evans. He is pivotal too. Tielemans has played a lot but like KDH he seems to need plenty of game time to keep match fit like Rooney used to need. Youri isn’t in great form and played some poor balls but also did some good things too. A slight uptick in last two games compared to last couple of months. I just want Thursday to come round as soon as possible. I can’t wait. Hopefully it will be a special night. 

• Like 1

Players are tired... are you pulling my plonker Brendan.... 

No point in any of these going to a top team then unless u hope to be on the bench every other game and god forbid if any of these end up at Liverpool man City Chelsea  etc... when it's all long cup runs and European... aswell as the international games should you start getting picked on merit.

I'm sorry I'm not having that.

Fed up... sorry, just in a mood again 😆

19 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

Players are tired... are you pulling my plonker Brendan.... 

No point in any of these going to a top team then unless u hope to be on the bench every other game and god forbid if any of these end up at Liverpool man City Chelsea  etc... when it's all long cup runs and European... aswell as the international games should you start getting picked on merit.

I'm sorry I'm not having that.

Fed up... sorry, just in a mood again 😆

Players are fed up too. And Vardy has been out for so long he didn’t fit into the team when he finally got on the pitch. We’ve played most of the season without him, we’re not going to get magic instantly upon his return.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Yes, beat Roma in that 3rd rate European competition for teams not good enough for the competition that West Ham are in the semi-finals of.

Honestly, somebody needs to explain to me why the Europa Conference League suddenly has importance to some people when nobody even knew what it was 6 months ago. It probably won’t even exist in 15 years - when Forest fans will be goading us for finishing above us every year. And that is a distinct possibility given the trajectory of both clubs and whilst we let an Iago-like character such as Rodgers manipulate the fan base and become a stagnant, complacent mess of underachievement like Everton are.

Even if match after match of negative, outdated, regressive, turgid football isn’t enough for you to turn on this manager, the fact that we are behind Newcastle surely is.

What are you doing Thursday night?

We have been the best team in the Midlands for the last 8 years, winning the PL and FA cup, Forest have good 6 month and they are over taking us, :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Yes, beat Roma in that 3rd rate European competition for teams not good enough for the competition that West Ham are in the semi-finals of.

Honestly, somebody needs to explain to me why the Europa Conference League suddenly has importance to some people when nobody even knew what it was 6 months ago. It probably won’t even exist in 15 years - when Forest fans will be goading us for finishing above us every year. And that is a distinct possibility given the trajectory of both clubs and whilst we let an Iago-like character such as Rodgers manipulate the fan base and become a stagnant, complacent mess of underachievement like Everton are.

Even if match after match of negative, outdated, regressive, turgid football isn’t enough for you to turn on this manager, the fact that we are behind Newcastle surely is.

It’s important because my team, Leicester City, are playing. Is it a better competition than the CL or EL? no , as it’s the third competition in Europe. But what the hell, one of my best/funniest away days was getting soaked on a terrace at Notts County 30 (bloody hell 30 years) with thousands of others in the ZD bloody S cup, a cup which meant not a lot. I’m sure you are still moaning about the 3 games we lost in 15/16😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

It’s important because my team, Leicester City, are playing. Is it a better competition than the CL or EL? no , as it’s the third competition in Europe. But what the hell, one of my best/funniest away days was getting soaked on a terrace at Notts County 30 (bloody hell 30 years) with thousands of others in the ZD bloody S cup, a cup which meant not a lot. I’m sure you are still moaning about the 3 games we lost in 15/16😀

Class night, I was 14 and got soaked to the skin!

Was my first away game! 

47 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Are you actually being serious here ? or are you a complete idiot ?

Of course we all want to win the Conference. No one is saying otherwise. If we end up beating four (starting with Rennes) decent European teams and lifting a trophy that will be a cause for celebration. No question. 

But neither should we kid ourselves. The tournament was regarded as a sick UEFA joke when it first arrived - Spurs got out of it as fast  as they could. I doubt they’d be pushing so hard for top 4 if they were schlepping around Europe most Thursdays. But perhaps most crucially of all, we only qualified for it by being so poor in the EL Group stages. In the cold light of day  we’ve “qualified” by winning only two games in the group stage of the EL. And if it were any other club I’d be dismissive of them winning a trophy after such a pitiful group stage performance.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Of course we all want to win the Conference. No one is saying otherwise. If we end up beating four (starting with Rennes) decent European teams and lifting a trophy that will be a cause for celebration. No question. 

But neither should we kid ourselves. The tournament was regarded as a sick UEFA joke when it first arrived - Spurs got out of it as fast  as they could. I doubt they’d be pushing so hard for top 4 if they were schlepping around Europe most Thursdays. But perhaps most crucially of all, we only qualified for it by being so poor in the EL Group stages. In the cold light of day  we’ve “qualified” by winning only two games in the group stage of the EL. And if it were any other club I’d be dismissive of them winning a trophy after such a pitiful group stage performance.

Well said. The blinkers are on for our fans. You can see this by the fact people are willing to part with £35 for a third tier European game, yes its a semi wow. 

• Haha 1